Business Management (Network Diagram)

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by Woody, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Woody

Woody Well-Known Member

http://www.dramasian.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40707&d=1307235436

(a) If you want to complete the project ONE day earlier, which activity or activities should be crashed?

(b) After the crashing in part ‘a’ has been done, list ALL the paths in this network with the time required for each path. Among the paths you stated which path/s is/are critical, Why?

(c) After the crashing in part ‘b’ has been done, you want to reduce completion time by further ONE day. Which activity or activities should be crashed?

I don't understand. I'll learn from it if you help me. Please.
    Thank you for your time.

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I call this critical path analysis. circles called nodes, they have EST, LFT.

here's a sketch for you (answer)

[hide] untitled.JPG [/hide]

#2 kevin, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  3. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Draw it out neatly and I can fill it in for you. It is almost impossible to complete the questions without analysing the network diagram.

4. kevin

kevin RAWR!

(a) If you want to complete the project ONE day earlier, which activity or activities should be crashed?

The one with the lowest cost but baring in mind that it does not cause other activitie to delay. [expand further]

(b) After the crashing in part ‘a’ has been done, list ALL the paths in this network with the time required for each path. Among the paths you stated which path/s is/are critical, Why?

It's the one with the EST. [expand again]

(c) After the crashing in part ‘b’ has been done, you want to reduce completion time by further ONE day. Which activity or activities should be crashed?

The one that least affects this activity.

----

What exactly is the scenario? There should be some kind of plot/scenario/case-study