Building muscle and going to the gym

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by dragong87, Sep 21, 2011.

1. t20lau

t20lau Well-Known Member

Hi there,

What you'll find is you'll need to try different things for a few months to see what works for you! Over 10years of training I've seen many people fail to reach there goal because they do the wrong thing!

Firstly you need to start by looking at your current diet! If you eat loads and loads and have junk and fatty foods often, and your still skinny then you're not going to find it easy to get bigger as such, thats just how your born!

What you need to do is get into a routine of eating in a way to get your weight up abit in order to go to the gym and get the muscle you want!

Muscle building is simple, forget the number of reps, for get the weights as everyone is different...

Just remember, if it aint hurting, it aint working! You need to make sure the last 2 reps you do on any set is felt, because this is when your tearing up the muscle tissues, after your session, load up on protien for the repair process!

End of the day on one knows your body better than yourself, I'm currently measuring up with a 42-44inch chest and 16-17inch arms! Dont come under the illusion this is an over night process, you'll be looking at months of training...

2. t20lau

t20lau Well-Known Member

AGREED!

I've been training for years, and after holidays in HK and coming back I'm so much weaker hahaha!

You dont just go get bigger, then quit and stay the same size forever...

3. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Also, no point focusing just on bulking up and not also focusing on your cardio, big arms but out of breath when you cross the road aint cool.

4. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol i barely do cardio exercises but i can run 3 miles without hurting too much like anytime i want. probably because of squats and the hip adducter etc.

5. Hairbear

Hairbear Well-Known Member

as a skinny guy, you should eat A LOT more than you do normally. follow the motto of "double it up", meaning if you eat 2 bowls of rice, eat 4. If you have 1 chicken breast, go for 2. you'll find that you'll gain weight a lot easier than before. What part of your body do you want to tone up/get bigger? focus on one, dont do full body workouts. and remember to change up your exercise patterns every 4 weeks, or your body will "get used" to it and you'll find that you hit a "plateau" and you wont increase your mass. Start with low weights, more reps, and start to change it up to heavy weights, low reps. You wont get big in the first few workouts, maybe like 4 months, you'll notice something, but if you keep at it, its worth it!

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol focusing on one part of your body for 4 weeks won't get you anywhere as there are several major groups of muscle in your body lol. Sure if you want to have huge arms and skinny legs etc but chances are you won't get there though as your other parts of your body won't be able to support or sustain it to let you go any further. What you can do is work out different parts of your body every other day and then change up the routine every couple of months or so but you seriously can't just expect lifting a dumbbell for 4 weeks with one arm will get you toned hahahha.

7. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i do a variety of exercises and try to focus on different body parts each time (although i tend to forget to switch up my routine at times). mostly triceps, biceps, shoulders, forearm, chest, and lower back exercises. as for protein shakes, i've heard good things about the optimum nutrition brand. you'll get a feel for the ratio, but i'm sure it'll be on the packaging. honestly though, if your metabolism is that fast, shakes can only help so much. you have to really dedicate yourself and resign to the fact that it will take a long while to see results.

my mile time is 8-9 min... and i get exhausted really, reallyeasily. i know i need to work on my cardio, but i just hate running so much... -cry2

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

time for a "show off your guns" thread

9. Hairbear

if you do a full body workout, you'll be dead every workout, theres no gain in doing full body. You're just over exhausting yourself. If you want arms, you focus on arms for 4 weeks. but you dont just focus on one muscle, you workout the WHOLE arm. biceps, forearms, etc.

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol no... your crazy man! try working out one group of muscle for four weeks and tell me if you gain anything. Its not a kung fu movie lol the other parts of your body will not be able to support you working just your arm for 4 weeks then focusing on another part cause if you do that....the arm you worked out for 4 weeks will just get weaker as you are working out your other parts lol. i can squat for a month and then stop and do other parts then go back and it will feel like the first time i did that for a month all over again lol. What should be done is like full arm on mondays, legs on tuesday, chest on wednesday that type of stuff lmaooo...

11. NotaHandler

NotaHandler Well-Known Member

follow something like this

eat just eat a shit load
    meats, and tendons

12. Hairbear

worked for me :D LOL

13. time to see who has the better body.. :naughty: yall niggas talk the talk.. but who can walk the walk

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

and how much you lift with one arm?

15. spider-man

spider-man Well-Known Member

Go to some fitness center, you can stay fit there. You can get info on food intakes at the center. They will provide booklets for free about it when you join.

Hope I helped.

16. chesticlez

chesticlez Member

17. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

fly.

18. Hairbear

like 25's? i wasnt aiming to be like body builder dzed superman. LOL.

19. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol i can lift 25 with my fingers!!!! see why your ish don't work!!! :facepalm: that is not even a warm up!

20. Hairbear

:c.