BTS will be serving military duty

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by shinobi, Oct 23, 2022.

1. After much debate as to whether BTS will be exempted from Korea's compulsory military service, the result is in and...

...no, they will not.

BIGHIT MUSIC recently confirmed this piece of news, stating that the seven members of the biggest K-pop boy band ever will be fulfilling their military service now that they are embarking on solo endeavours.

"Group member Jin will initiate the process as soon as his schedule for his solo release is concluded at the end of October. He will then follow the enlistment procedure of the Korean government," said the company.

"Other members of the group plan to carry out their military service based on their own individual plans."

The company also added that BTS will be reconvening as a group again around 2025 following their service commitment.

credits: yahoo

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

They've said again and again that they'll be serving. I think it's more of the knetz debating whether or not they should or should not enlist. I see the arguments for both sides.

The biggest argument I can think of is if athletes can get exempt from the military (Son Heungmin), I think if you're able to promote k-culture and have a global impact as big as BTS, then I think it can be considered. Or maybe a shortened enlistment.

I can see the public outrage if they do get exempted.. so enlisting is the "safer" route to go.