British Girl Has Surgery On Tongue To Speak Better Korean

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by ralphrepo, Aug 16, 2011.

1. levitage

levitage Well-Known Member

thats just too far for only 1cm

2. chrisnfc07

chrisnfc07 Well-Known Member

never know, it might make a massive different

3. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

She's really taking it too far! I'm sure she can speak it without surgery through practise! Practise!! PRACTISE!!! as the saying goes "Practise makes perfect!"

4. bbes

bbes Incredible

that's just absurd. i'm sure she can improve it by practice. i doubt having surgery would help u to speak it better. i mean, if u grew up and it was ur first language u would speak it fine so the whole idea ii'm getting at is that practicing is the best way to improve it. i doubt surgery would help so much.

5. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

It could be a genetic thing, or it could be what you are saying. Nonetheless, even people like Gloria Tang (GEM) would need surgery to "speak" the language properly (without a lisp lol), even if they are native. But like I said, there are people like myself who are native to a certain language, but without a certain procedure we might not be able to speak the language properly.

You never know, it might be a common procedure but you don't even know it because it's not talked about often, or hushed up.

6. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

haha lol @ bbgirlsum's bf comment....

anyway, at first i thought what a weirdo.... but then again... if ppl can have surgery on their boobs, nose, eyelids to look good... to be "perfect" then why not this... is it really that strange? she probably just wants to fit in with the koreans?? She'll probably never look like em but at least she will sound like em.... so no, its not that strange i guess!

7. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

It's not strange if her reasoning was that she wants her tongue to be longer as it's for appearance and self-confidence issues.
    Although I can't say whether wanting to speak korean properly is some sort of self-confidence issue or not but having your tongue to become longer because of it is a rather strange thing to do.

8. vanessa333

vanessa333 Well-Known Member

weird girl..........