Boy Forced To Eat Over 100 Tadpoles

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by itzd0pey, Sep 23, 2007.

1. itzd0pey

itzd0pey Well-Known Member

Pang Pang, a 9 year-old kid from China, swallowed over 100 tadpoles in an effort to cure his rash.

[​IMG]

His grandmother had overheard from neighbors that this was a good treatment for a rash. She went right out to the local pond and grabbed a bowl full of tadpoles for her grandson. She then forced the boy to swallow 20 per day for a week.

After about 4 days Pang Pang became ill and went to the doctor. Although he was treated by the doctor, the boy was still worried that he might grow frogs in his stomach.

[​IMG]

The Chinese do use tadpoles for medical purposes but only externally and they have to be prepared in a specific way.

Poor kid will probably never listen to his grandmother again… who apparently is naive and gullible.

http://news.sohu.com/20070915/n252163908.shtml

translated by Mui Mui of WAN

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

he probably got sick cuz of the bacteria in the water that the tadpoles were swimming in.

if his grandmother was stupid enough to feed him 20 live tadpoles a day, she probably didn't think to keep them in clean water.

3. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

poor kid...must be really grossX(

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

awww..poor kid...imagine a frog growing inside ur stomach...(shudders)

5. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol stomach acid has a pH of 1.5-2... it would be enough to dissolve a tadpole in a few minutes... i highly doubt he will have frogs living in his stomach

6. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i know but stilll =)
    wen i was a kid...i used to believe that if i swallowed a watermelon seed...a watermelon would grow inside me...lol...but not anymore...lool

7. Ham_Sup

Ham_Sup Active Member

Ewwww, thats disgusting..., cooked frog is good, but tadpoles >.<

8. damn.. i would get the hell as far as ai can from my grandmother if that happened.. shit...

9. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

lol....is it that bad...?
    maybe their tasty if u prepare em the right way....like err...anchovy or something

10. itzd0pey

^ anchovy is disguisting lol so salty ;x , and tadpoles.. thats sickk too LOl i can see why people say asians eat weird things :(

11. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

have you guys drank "san cha" you know where they burn the papers for the gods and then put it in your tea and your supposedly supposed to get blessed by drinking it...grandma's have weird beliefs man lol...

12. MissCheekS

i am not a fan of anchovy either...but its quite good on pizza i guess....

lol...there are lots of stuff u can eat/drink to get blessed according to ppl....but no thanks...
    i dont believe in that stuff

13. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

The grandma has just invented another exotic dish. -chef

14. WinterSky

WinterSky Well-Known Member

those lil tadpoles probably wiggle on their way down -chef

15. WILLard

WILLard Well-Known Member

why is it that the older chinese generations always giving pointless ideas?

16. AON

AON Well-Known Member

no only you, you frog leg muncher

17. itzd0pey

shhh :-[ LOL, frog does taste good, but when you know when you're eating , it's just fucking sick. LOL

18. MissCheekS

in my memory frog was ok....
    but when i ate it in indo last time...it was sooo slimey...yuck

19. WinterSky

WinterSky Well-Known Member

slimey? what u talking about? lolz... frogs are good... u could easily pass it for baby chickens or something lol (my friends bought that)

did u know... frog legs will still jump even though it's only the legs!!? like u can gut a frog, rip out it's organs then chop it in half, skin it, toss each half in a seperate bowl, and the legs will jump outta the bowl lol. Frogs are some crazy shitz. btw the eyes still blink, kinda creepy actually

20. MissCheekS

fried ones taste like chicken perhaps...but i had something different....maybe they were like half raw ones or soemthing....

the stuff u just said....makes it sound even more yummie....