Boxing Day Specials

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by adrianc, Dec 21, 2007.

1. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

anyone find any good boxing day sales on computers and mp3 players?

2. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

uhhh.... no clue yet:D lolz i dont live in canada so i wouldnt care so much! :D jp

3. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

boxing day is only in canada?

4. runtohell121

think so.. maybe in HK also.. but mostly in canada thats all i know >.<

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

it's definitely not celebrated here with the specials in america...

6. runtohell121

yup... i only heard it was in canada when i was playing call of duty 2:D i was stupid enough to ask did canada have black friday? they told me they only have boxing day not black friday the day after christmas lolz... can't find any good songs i like >.< hmm

7. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

most Commonwealth countries such as the UK, Australia and Canada have Boxing day.

EDIT: But does anyone seriously got some good deals? Specifically 8GB Mp3's or higher (sansa, nano, zune ECT.), laptops/macbooks (macbooks preferable, cause you can never find good deals on them like other laptops), and HD Tv's. Or anything else :p

#7 khaotic, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  8. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

You have just spoken the taboo word. Now runtohell will be talking about zune again.

9. runtohell121

why would i be talking about zune? already got one! :D hehehe... im just trying to find songs at this moment.. and yea buy either a zen, view, or zune for mp3... macbook will never be on sale to be honest..

10. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I've already found something for the Macbook. $150 discount, just wondering if there might be something better. Still don't think I'll buy a new laptop or macbook now though...

The Sansa just decreased in price by a lot, if I can't find a nano/zune for a price that's somewhat close to it, then Ill prob just get the Sansa.

11. runtohell121

12. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Uh yes I'm aware of that, and so are the other laptops I really want.

13. runtohell121

what do you need the laptop for? you don't need a pretty good one if your not into gaming on laptop, multi-tasking stuff... regular pentium dual core or core duo is enough.. mac is mainly the same as regular pc laptop... they are using same cpu now.. intel cpus.. not like apple make their own hard drive, monitor, cpu, ram, or anything.. besides there design and their stupid OSX software.... which you can't really find any softwares that are good for apple computers... all the good softwares are on microsoft os..

14. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

OSX is stable and efficient OS, when compared to the Windows OS, which is more bulky and less secure. However even with the growing amount of third party applications for the Mac OSX, there is still more variety to find in third part software created for Windows. That's where I'm conflicted. On one hand I absolutely love the clean, secure and efficient Mac OS X leapord, but I will not not be able to do things the same way I would on my current PC.

And I said the laptops i REALLY want, doesn't mean I'm gonna buy them... If I bought everything I REALLY wanted I would be on the streets begging for spare change.

15. runtohell121

hehe.... i still dont really like the company Apple at all though.. lolz... even though its not black friday or boxing friday in U.S., the laptops are still like $400.. for a pentium dual core.. hp, gateway, acer.. etc.. lolz.. so cheap.. hmmm... o and dell had creative zen 8gb for like $110 USD one day.. and a Fuji S700 camera for $30.. which was a price error.. but ppl got it still.. lmao..
    this were ppl price test at dell buying fuji camera..
    -- Fujifilm FinePix S700 - digital camera
    Unit Price: $229.99
    Quantity: 1
    Total Price: $229.99
    -- Dell Home Customers: Save $200 off this item!
    - $200.00
    Total: $32.09

16. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Sansa is only $19 more right now -shock. Boxing day might be the day I FINALLY get a new MP3 player, since my 3 or 4 year old iPod broke, cause I dropped it to many times lmao.

EDIT: Apple makes quality products, but their prices drive some potential customers away.

17. runtohell121

which sansa?? e200..? view..? c100?

HP Pavilion C700T 15.4" Notebook $415 weeee cheapie laptop... requires a coupon code.. which is provided on the website im looking at:D

18. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

you started a thread about your zune, after you got one lols, anyways is boxing day as crazy as black friday in u.s.? like do people line up for hours and hours and there is like a mob inside the stores and stuff...

19. runtohell121

well.. i was saying i wouldn't be talking it on this thread:D on my own thread i would! hmm.. i dont think it might be that crazy as the US.. its too cold in Canada probably:D lolz frozen ppl!!! woot block of ice!!! yummy! lolz.. hmm... wonder where do i get a good case for my zune.. lolz back to zune!

20. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

8GB e200. Amazing how much it dropped. Last time I saw it, It was $229. O_O
    I don't think its as bad as in the U.S., maybe cause its the day after X-Mas and ppl just want to relax :p But still, stores are pretty packed.

EDIT: And maybe everyone stays home to watch the World Juniors (hockey) lol. I stopped watching that tournament. Canada is just to god like lol.