Boring Friends

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by smallrinilady, Dec 3, 2007.

1. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

I have some friends
    we've been through thick and thin together for years
    we went through college together, and all entered into our careers and stuck by each other

but now that we are working, they are always tired and lazy
    and hanging out with them is boring

i dont konw what to do
    i dont want to ditch them, cause they didn't anything wrong
    and honestly they are as close to me as my family are

but BORING

any suggestions?

2. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

you can suggest them to go out and do something, thats about the only thing you can do.

3. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

I think if they are close to you then hoe can they be boring??
    Like if they are boring then how can they be your close friends??
    To me close friends are someones that cheer me up and i have a good time wit them.

4. maybellina

maybellina Well-Known Member

Well, yeah...I understand what u mean. I felt the same over the summer when everyone was busy with work and one was out of town...although we managed to make an effort to get together at times. Hmmm...can always plan a group trip or go out for coffee or plan a Christmas/ New year gathering..organize activities! It's everyone's effort that makes things possible :) If not, go over to their place and kick their butt. LOL

5. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Stop teaching other ppl to be violent. <_< or maybe you should show an example first :p

6. maybellina

That's what happens when u study too much...u become agressive :p Grrr...School is ruining me! Maybe I should...that way I will learn about nociceptors and anterolateral pathway through real life examples! Hahahaha

7. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ yea rite, blame it all on school eh? -whistle

8. maybellina

Yup! it's all their fault! :p Alright...this is getting off topic...sorry smallrinilady~

9. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

i agree... i m sorta having similar problems... been frens since elementary... n since i only go home like twice a year... we always make the effort to meet each other when i m home.. althou they dont say it.. buti feel it.. conversations are begining to die down.. n thing u talk bout.. seems to just repeat itself.. n topics are just a handful of em...
    i suggest u guys do something together.. like wot wind said.. it kinda helped me..
    we took short vacations together.. someting like a day or two trip to somewhere..
    n try not to think too much... n never compare.. like... dont think back in the past where.. "hey we used to...." the past has past.. :D

u get to be close friends.. n then cos u r so close to each toher... topics just dies...
    dont know.. maybe its only me... :(

10. smallrinilady

that doesn't make them my close friends because of that
    that just makes them friends
    I have lots of friends I might randomly go hang out with because they are fun to hang out with, or good to chat with

but these friends, these CLOSE friends will do anything for each other
    are there for each other when we are financially in trouble, we just started working, yet we trust each other enough to lend each other several hundred dollars, or buy plane tickets and expect to get back money, or drive the friend's mom to the airport because one's out of town, or to be there for you when your busy but they've had a car accident, or watch their house for them while they are gone for a month, or stay over at their place 3 days a week just cause
    these people know everything about you, because you update each other every week on every aspect of your lives, they know your personal business, and will always watch your back because they want to, not because they have to or feel they should

I wouldn't lend someone that much money if they are friends i just go and watch a movie with, or go on a hike with, or go to the bars with

these friend are as close to me as family
    in fact these friends are closer to me than some of my family (sister included)

11. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Thats actually a very good idea going to short vacations together. And yea, never compare to the past because once you start doing that, you are never satisfied. Important part is to be grateful that you can still spend time with them and keep in touch from time to time.

can i be your close friend? i need some $$$$ right about now for christmas -^_^ Thats a bit sad that you feel closer to your friends than your sister.... -mellow

12. BigC

BigC Well-Known Member

^^ I think the reason why you find your friends boring is because people change over a period of time. The interest or the things that you had in common with your friends 6 years ago has probably changed and it may be harder for you to relate to your friends. Try not to rely on keeping your friendship close by what you had in common six years ago, try to get your friends interested in what you are interested in and they may not seem so boring. If your friends are homebodies then your in a tough situation.

13. if you think they are boring then hang out with friends that does stuff when they are doing.. and hang with ur close friends when there isnt any fun around.
    that ur close friends doesnt want to do "cool" stuff doesnt mean you cant, so if your other friends want to do "cool" stuff just also ask ur friends, if they dont want to go then you just go with the other group.

14. aishiteru4

lol... same experience here thou... i'm closer to some of my friends than my sister...
    the age gap between me n my sis is like 11 years... sometimes its kinda hard to get along with her...

yup yup... people change.. n so did you.. people cant stay the same forever... so you'll just need to find new interest :D

15. smallrinilady

That kinda sounds like um, how to describe, using people to fill in time, i dun like that, cause i hate when people do that to me
    I do have other friends that i hang out with, but not very often

Actually we did want to take a trip to hawaii together, but it's impossible to all ask for the same time off together

as for my sister, yea it is VERY sad!

and you want to be my close friend? because you want money (hmmm i'll have to think about it)

their new interest are watching downloaded several movies (a night), and in house karoke, EVERY WEEK twice a week for a whole year now.

I feel bored watching a second movie after one, and then karoke? it's always them singing cause it's always chinese songs (and i dont know how to read) and the english song as like the same 5 everytime (and i refuse to sing to those ktv of the blonde click running around on a beach with a bunch of english words on the bottom, i know you know what i'm talking about)

I get bored listening to them sing 2 hours twice a week every week, on top of that, not being able to participate much

they tell me to suggest things if i'm so bored, and i do, but then they just Ban them, so what's the point

16. jcy_yan

jcy_yan Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a phase thing that will blow over?
    I live kinda far from my friends so I don't see them very often but when we do get together it's sooo much fun
    But when we were living in the same rez... we had like ran out of things to do and talk about lol
    My advice?? Give it some time... there are some things that you can't rush...

17. smallrinilady

yea i'm not ditching them anytime soon

i just wish it was more fun to be around them

18. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

just tell them to stop being so lazy, and if it's not too mean, that they're boring

I told my friend that before, cus he got really lazy and boring after he quit his job
    and he listened, and now he's really fun to be with again

19. aishiteru4

oh god... i get u then... i feel the same pain... well.. wot i did with those frens were... only hang out with them during more physical active stuff.. lol.. and i tell them to enjoy their drama n k-ok.
    i dont those ppl too.. singin k every week... i guess it would be fun for ppl who can read chinese... but for me(who cant) its so boring.. i just sit and put on a prett smile.. pretend to enjoy myself.. lol.. but then sooner or later your frens willnotice it...
    just try talkin to them... like persuading them... tell them.. ok... we'll watch drama tonite.. n shopping tomorrow.. thats fair... ;)

20. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

11 yrs is quite a gap so understandable :)

im just pulling your leg -lol dont take it seriously that i need money.... hahaha

in OP's case is not that they are lazy, its the fact they do the same things over and over agin. -tongue2