Bloating? anyone got advice?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by Aznmask, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

anyone have advice for bloating, it just look ugly.. especially summer is almost on the corner.. I dont want take out my tank top.

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Is it bloating due to gas? or due to too much fluids? or do you just eat too much?

Bloating could be caused by so many things.... Assuming it's gas maybe you need to review your diet, you might have an insensitivity to something like gluten or lactose in milk.

I've never heard of someone being so bloated that it made them look fatter on a regular basis... usually that just means you are fat, maybe you just need some more exercise before beach season?

3. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

sounds like you're putting on weight. try a detox, dont do a colon cleanse, thats crazy, just eat healthy.

4. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Well-Known Member

Hey bulla, have you been following the discussion between Dan and I? Love to hear your take on the 2 topics. We need a religious point of view!

5. Aznmask

6. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

(facepalm) really? REALLY? I'm sure people will be looking at other things besides your "bloating"

or...try anti-gas medications

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

alka seltzer

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Hah this is pretty funny. I'm currently 178 and my target is 168 in 3 months. How often do you go to the gym?

Judging by your body type, bloating must be caused by some insensitivity in your diet. I can't really suggest much beyond monitoring what you eat and if it connects to your bloating. Assuming you are taking protein and other supplements, one of those might be causing it as well.

Taking in more fibre might help, I generally take a teaspoon of ground flax seeds and psylium husk each day to improve motility.

9. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Also I'm curious, how much cardio were you doing in those 3 months to help you cut 10 lbs?

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

how tall r u ur past pics makes u look like a pretty skinny dude lol

11. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

*Warning topless photos ahead*

BEFORE:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p255/fearless_fx/e1286474049986.jpg?t=1335331566

AFTER:
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p255/fearless_fx/P4251131-1.jpg?t=1335330593

Normally posting a shirtless picture on the interwebs is a dangerous thing, but w/e i give no fucks since I am trying to keep track of my progress. 7 weeks of working out and 178 lbs, 5'9". I've only just started going heavier on supplements, protein and cardio.

I'm no where near as jacked as the OP was. I'm guessing since he is 168 now he is extremely cut. I really dunno why he'd be worried about bloating... he must have a seriously solid body judging by his previous build and 10 lbs of weight loss.

Hate to hijack his thread, but honestly I'd love some advice from the OP about how to get to 168 lbs in 3 months with as little bodyfat as he appears to have. Teach me your ways Aznmask!

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol i sorta lost 10 pounds in 3 months also though, 3 miles every other day, stop eating junk food dont take protein supplements hahah. is this your first time working out? you dont look overweight but maybe focus on benching and chest work out then you will see some definition and you wouldn't even care about weight so much as gaining muscle lol. Also just tried jumproping and battle ropes workout i was 162 like last week and this week i'm 159 lol. Jump rope for like half and hour and you'll sweat all that shit out. Battle ropes if you are more advanced cause that shit pretty tough. Remember to at least do some squats though or something so you wont have tiny legs.

13. Aznmask

I started Jiu Jitsu on Feb but I only go one time a week not until April which i go like 3times a week.

On diet (i think the most important is stay away from Fast Food, anything that have high sodium)

i eat 1lb of steam vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, beans, any type of vegetable as long it is Steam)

I eat cereal (my favorite is Post Oat Flakes) with low fat milk. DO not Skip breakfast..

Yogurt (i love Chobani brand) try eat this when you feel little hungry especially you know your dinner wont be ready in 1-2hr.

BTW i still go out to eat 2-3times and clubbing on the weekend. Just make sure you eat your steam vegetables..

14. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

@ Nas: I never really got into working out through University because I was too busy and it caused me to balloon up to like 185. Prior to University I had always gone to Kung Fu and other martial arts so I was in good shape. Now that I have a more regular schedule with full time work, I have a lot of time to work out... plus a gym opened really close to me which makes it convenient.

I definitely agree with the jump rope... I just started that a week ago and I'm already seeing good results. I'll look into Battle Ropes.

@ AznMask: Your diet regimen doesn't sound too intense, other than the pound of steamed vegetables a day! I'll try to get that many veggies in.. although I generally prefer to cook my vegetables with some oil, water and garlic. I'm definitely staying away from fast food and anything with high sodium. Thanks for the advice, man. Also, is Jiu Jitsu like the only major cardio that you do?

15. Aznmask

i'm doing Jiu Jitsu/ Judo every monday, wed, thursday 6pm to 7:30 then i stay half more hour for practice.

@fearless_fx btw keep a diet journal will help you lost weight too.

Here is my normal and bloating picture.. Warning topless pictures.

#15 Aznmask, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

the hell were you holding it in the first pic? too much water?

17. Aznmask

you mean my phone? Samsung Galaxy SII (Tmobile)

18. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

no i mean were you holding your stomach in in the first pic?

19. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Holy crap dude... that's a crazy amount of bloating.

You might actually want to see a doctor about it, you could have some sort of gastrointestinal problem.

20. Aznmask

I thought many ppl have bloating problem.. You think i need to see a doctor for that?