birthday presents..

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by Aznguy123, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Aznguy123

Aznguy123 Well-Known Member

my friends birthday are coming up! -clapclap > Food <
    what should i get for them?? or should i just go freeload.

2. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Member

Well depends, whether they are girls are guys, better start with that and then you might wanna tell us your budget for that. You can allways go freeload as you put it, but then don't look suprised if others do it to you(something like don't do unto other what you don't want to be done to you). Remember one thing though its allways nice to receive presents, doesn't matter if it expensive or not, its the thought that counts.

3. Aznguy123

girl

willing to spend .99cent-99dollar

4. taxi01

taxi01 Active Member

In deciding that gift, what you should consider:
    the type of personality that person have: study type; party type..
    When deciding that, you try to get something she is going to use. e.g. pen for study type, or concert tickets, scarf, perfume?
    Also, it depends on how close that person is to you. If you know any close friends of hers, you can ask what she likes most. Try not to buy intimate stuffs though :p

5. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

^ this guy/girl gives good advice. It pretty much depends on the person, let us know what she's like and maybe we could help you out, but the best way is to ask people that actually know her.

6. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

No, you should get her a present. You can't just go to a "friend's" birthday party and freeload! That's rude. Unless you're super broke and you guys happen to be really close friends, then I guess it's okay, but still... when you're invited to a party, even though you're not required to give a gift, it's common courtesy to do so.

Anyhow, as for what to get her... you're her friend. Shouldn't you know what she likes? Is she the girly type, or is she a bit on the tomboyish side? What colors does she like? All of these aspects should be taken into consideration when buying a present for someone.

Oh, and if you don't know what she likes, you can always get her a gift card! Everyone loves those. :D

7. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

Actually, I hate giftcards ><

8. Sebc

Sebc Member

cash is always a good gift you can't get enough of it

9. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

Red Envelope anyone?

10. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

mhmm can't get enough of those :D

11. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

-shock Why is that? You don't have a favorite store?

12. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

lol nope, I do have stores I like though. but, I don't like being restricted to buying something from a certain store. then again, some people don't pick the right store. I have 3 $20 giftcards to jambajuice that I have not yet used, from Christmas 2 years ago.

13. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

I hate gift cards too. just give me cash for crying out loud

14. lol what how freakin' old are you.... -wheel

15. Aznguy123

uh shes scary??

she laughs for no reason... and loud too and the hanging out type??

omg freeload is hella good........ its not rude...

16. dave

dave Member

LOL!!!

You could get her lots of little things like......chocolates, necklaces, etc. I don't know if she's into those sorts of things, but it'll look impressive.

17. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Member

Give her a small tree and hang it full with condoms, that should give her a reason to laugh all night long.-evil

18. mecano

mecano Member

If yo can't think of anything you can give a birthday card with money tucked in it. It's better than the red envelope, it's not a Chinese wedding you know and better than giving a giftcard.

19. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

im 4