Bible has been distorted and corrupted

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by Enois, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Enois

Enois Member

we I was reading some qustion about islam I notice this one It was form a non-muslim person to a muslim scholar:

You Muslims always repeat that the Bible has been distorted and corrupted; if so why do you quote them to prove Muhammad's Prophethood?

It is not a mere allegation of Muslims that the Biblical books are NOT 100% divinely revealed or inspired books. It is a fact acknowledged by Christian scholars and experts on the subject. For your information, if you refer to the famous Jerome Biblical Commentary you can clearly see what I mean.

But we know that there is truth in the Bible. We know a good number of the teachings of the prophets (especially of Jesus) in the Bible, even though there are extraneous ideas in it, brought in by vested interests. You can refer to a Red-letter edition of the Gospels and see the actual verses spoken by Jesus (as recorded in the Gospels). Just read those verses and see how they differ from the verses of St Paul given in his epistles.
    One important point you need to know is that those teachings of Paul introduced in his epistles contradict the basic teachings of the Old Testament of Prophets and of Jesus himself. This you can easily check.

For instance, there is no verse of Jesus that disapproves of the Law of Moses, whereas you can see for yourself what Paul has to say on that. You may read this in Galatians 3: 10: Paul says:

“For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be every one who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, and do them."

Secondly, we do not need to quote Bible to prove Muhammad’s (peace and blessings be upon him) Prophethood. We quote the Bible to prove that the earlier scriptures clearly record the prophecies made by the earlier Prophets about the coming of the Last Prophet. And because we have convinced many Christians (for instance) of this fact, they have recognized Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as the Prophet-like-Moses foretold in the Bible. And alhamdu lillah, they have become Muslims.

that's why we muslim think that Quran (the book of muslim) is the right holy book that people must follow, because it's the only book that was not distorted.

2. leefooleong

leefooleong Well-Known Member

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
    John 3:36

3. donkeyhit

donkeyhit Well-Known Member

^
    yo r u like a priest... you can somehow find a passage relating all the topics

4. leefooleong

leefooleong Well-Known Member

If any religion is really good, you do not force people to believe in it. And you don't persecute anyone for renouncing it. No one is born into any religion. You make your choice when you are old enough to decide. God want you to choose Him, and not to be force to choose Him. Would you liked to have your child being force to call you Father?

5. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

I dont think you can ever tell anyone that "your" religion is best, you can only tell your side of the story and let that person decided

6. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

yea it's up to anyone to believe n all..
    but i choose to believe in d bible .. but still respect other religions. i think religion shudn't insult other religions.. that's how ppl pass the wrong msg sometimes.. and use "religion" as reason for war..

7. minjinseng

minjinseng Member

Jesus never condemned the law of Moses, that is true.
    Yes, I do admit Paul writes that, and he isn't writing that the law is corrupt.

He isn't saying that because he disapproves of the law.
    He says in Romans 7:7 "What shall we say, then? Is the law sin (talking about law of moses)? Certainly not! Indeed I would have not known what sin was except through the law."

Basically he is saying the Law is good since it shows you what you have done wrong. Jews had tons and tons of laws( if you read the Old Testament mainly Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers and Deuteronomy i believe =P) and these gave them more of a direct way of seeing they were sinning or not. If they did sin, then they would have offered sacrifices.

“For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be every one who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, and do them."

I think the Key word here is " Curse be everyone who does not abide by ALL things written in the book of the law, and do them."

During those days, Christianity has just been introduced since Jesus has been risen again. So many of the Jews are hearing this news for the first time. A lot of Jews of course were in disbelief that Jesus was the Messiah, their Savior that was told in prophecy. So they relied ONLY on the law. There are so many rules and laws in the law of Moses, what is the possibility that someone followed all of the laws? Of course, there was NO ONE, so since no one can follow these rules, everyone is condemned or "cursed" if you want to say. Law also shows how Holy God. Since there is no way they could be saved by following the law only. So, he never says that the law is bad, he is trying to say that it's hard for anyone to follow all of these rules and we fail to do it since we are human. That's why Jesus came to forgive us from the rules or laws or commands that we couldn't follow so we woudln't have to be condemned or cursed.

-edit-
    =P oh, Paul quotes the old testament for that... "for it is written .... cursed be everyone who does not abide by ALL things written in the book of the law, and do them"
    Deuteronomy 27:26

I guess people can only choose what they know, if you know what I mean... A lot of people believe int their "religion" beacuse they have some much evidence, same for this guy, but also people are misinformed about other "religions" as well. That's why I can't say other religions are right or wrong, since I don't know much about them. However, I know what I believe...

#7 minjinseng, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  8. rave13

rave13 Well-Known Member

history is always corrupted by the victor. and so too is the Bible. the truth is there, but it is buried beneath thousands upon thousands of lies.

9. fringe007

fringe007 Member

Yes I believe most of truths has been changed with materialistic benefits.

10. neofj

neofj Active Member

The bible is not distorted, it is the word of god, the creator of this universe, it explains everything to us, where we come from and where we gonna go

11. terry.tan68

terry.tan68 Active Member

All religions are good, it is only the believers who are to be blamed for any distortion.