Being an unfaithful Christian : to God, but more to my parents...

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by mingming2006, Nov 2, 2006.

1. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

Massive problem that i have at the moment, I am a Christian, but i just cannot follow the rules. I have really bad fights over my parents, swearing at them - and they seriously swear even worse to me.
    Ive had 2 fights - one last night and one just happened like an hour ago - in this time that i am writing it. Last night, i was copying music onto my phone - then my dad kept saying : "you'll break the computer" and so on and saying how he would never help me again if I broke the computer (which i did accidentally once or twice this yr - n took 2 PC world 2 fix). He kept annoying me so much, i just felt i had 2 tell him to his face - how it would never break again- but won't listen to me - as well as my mum.
    Then i felt my whole life, turned upside-down. I practically - felt like a little ant in a big / sort of alienated world. I felt my trust from them on me, or trust on them to think that i wont break the computer again- practically all destroyed. I yelled at my mum - practically as a way of gettin it back on her but since my dad went upstairs - i used my mum as she didn't have any support from my dad at the time.
    The argument then went worse - cannot even describe in words how i feel. As a way of getting back on them, i felt a joke - was changing the channels around / changing satellite on their sky. But they thought i practically broke their box, an even worser argument. Now, i don't really know what to really do now. I cannot even try 2 look @ them in the eye.
    But what i think were my reasons, for starting on my parents - was to: 1. get them to change to be better people, i.e. being themselves - and not chatting behind people's backs and 2. treat people with more courtesy and respect instead of swearing - worse is at me and my sisters.
    They are converted christians now, but i cannot see how they can become 1 - i feel that my parents play a really big role on my life and how i grow up; they are my inspiration, but i can't change if they can't change. My sisters tell me, even if i am a christian - i am still "evil" at heart - i let my actions do before thinking. I feel that these sort of feelings overpower my thoughts and make me feel more great, in getting my own back on what they did to me.
    I admit that i am lazy, spoilt - i.e arguing to get money 2 buy something i want, but i feel i can change only if my parents can change. And, most of the time i go to church these days, i feel like :" whats the point" i can't change anyway.
    I don't really get along with my parents at home, especially my dad - who scares me and my sisters all the time. I feel envious of people - who have their lifes changed by God - along with their families, i just don't know when the impact of God can really be injected into my whole family - only 1 - recently, my grandpa's final words was to commit as a full christian so that he can rest in peace. I feel upset even thinking of him, and remember my last prayer with him - to promise that i would be a better grandson and be more honourable to my parents.

2. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

any1 hu can respond to this?

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

yo not all christians follow the rules..a lota catholics dont too..just depends on ur moral..im a christian but i don't go to church or pray anymore...i do stuff i konw i should do..meh...i rarly tlk to my parents tooo..cause im always mad at my mom...just do w/e u want and ignore them? u can always go to confession if u really feel like u're abandoning the bible

4. chiehc87

chiehc87 Well-Known Member

being a Christian is more than just following 'rules'. it is a relationship between yourself and the Lord, a relationship that could never be lost. growing up there are lots of time that the world will create situations that shows our 'darker' side, however it is part of growing up.

personally, i don't know anyone who hasn't argue with their parents before when they are younger, it is just part of growing up. however, my point is that being a bad son/daughter is not related to being a bad christian. you can have a horrible relationship with your parent, but is a proper Christian. and vice versa, a great son/daughter, and not a Christian at all. but, this isn't an excuse to further a corrupted relationship, no no no . . .

dewell on the Word of God, if you want -- (some good verses)

Ephesians 4:29-32

Esphesians 6:1-4

5. oh yes ive had a great deal with aruging with my mom and i still do but as i grow older i realise the world doesnt revolve around ones self and that we must learn to respect our parents like as to respect ourselves. Arguments and life happen but dont take it to heart its usually for the best of goods and yourself.

6. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need some time away from your parents. It is very hard to change people. I've learned to work my way around my parents as we don't see eye to eye on many things...

If you are a good moral person that's fine, nothing to do with religion!

7. volkly

volkly Well-Known Member

You are just a spoiled brat and a dumb one at it. Religion has nothing to do with your problems. Religion is a belief that one have oneself.