Barrack O'Karma - 金宵大廈 (2019)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Sep 14, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:

Barrack O'Karma aka Golden Building

Chinese Title:
    金宵大廈

Genre:

Modern/Thriller/Horror

Producer:
    Yip Chun Fai

Episodes:

Cast:
    Joel Chan
    Selena Lee
    Samantha Ko
    Jazz Lam
    Kelly Cheung
    Zoie Tam
    Bob Cheung

Synopsis:
    Siu Wai-ming (Joel Chan) becomes a security guard at Twilight Mansion, a run-down place where dodgy characters roam around. He encounters an occupant by the name of Alex (Selena Lee), who is an air hostess and a dead ringer for some qipao clad woman that keeps clinging to him in his dreams. Siu gets closer to Alex and finds out they are somehow interrelated. Meanwhile, strange things keep happening at Twilight Mansion as life experiences and curious stories of other occupants take center stage. Siu shockingly finds out Alex is a mirage! Welcome to the 1960s and Coco (Selena Lee) is a hostess at Twilight Ballroom. She dreams of becoming an air hostess someday. She falls in love with Lau Yuk-fai (Joel Chan), who is a policeman and a dead ringer for some guy in her dream. Her fantastic dream is even adapted as a novel by bookstore owner Lam Yeuk-sze (Bob Cheung). Siu accidentally finds this novel from yesteryear as he just has to get to the bottom of the mystery. Siu is aghast when he finds out he and Alex had been destined to get intertwined in some previous life.

Airing September 16th replacing Girlie Days 她她她的少女時代

2. was waiting to finish to comment on this show loved it!

great acting overall Joel really stole the show with his acting he did really well for his first lead?

selena was good too she looked gorgeous!

I liked the little stories more than the main one....the main story was actually abit confusing personally I dont like time travel/3rd dimension or whatever it was lol

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Just finished this but surprised to see there are like no comments

I agree with shino how I liked the mini-stories more than the main story. Too confusing but I'll enjoy the drama just as the mini-stories.

Was nice to see how characters you see in the beginning later got their own stories, or sometimes even after they're done theirs they still make an appearance (Gloria & Koling). The ending was a nice touch how they "brought" all the stories back.

Also watched Unwinding Ethos (although didn't finish) so was kinda cool to see Rosina's character make an appearance here as it totally fits the theme lol.

Overall, I liked the drama theme and can see why Joel and Selena won best couple.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

I feel like we did discuss this...but maybe on discord :xd:

I really enjoyed this, the mini stories...I knew the woman with the baby was CRAZYYYY, I knew it! the baby wasn't real!

I was playing the themesong nonstop, still am - there's just something so hauntingly beautiful about it in the song cover for this drama.

I do enjoy past lives/reincarnation stuff lol - shinobi watch more Doctor Who you'll love time travel :innocent2:

Looking forward to the sequel and great to see Selena return for it too.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. glad yalll finally watched lol they already started shooting sequel :lol:

6. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

I haven't yet.. I'll get to it... Maybe next year.. :D