As Time Goes By - 好日子 (2019)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Jun 23, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:

As Time Goes By

Chinese Title:
    好日子

Genre:
    Modern/Drama

Producer:
    Poon Ka Tak

Episodes:

Cast:
    Ben Wong
    Alice Chan
    Max Cheung
    William Chak
    Joseph Lee

Synopsis:
    Everyone has some story to tell. Some people choose to leave the past behind, while others just love to reminisce. Chai Man-shek (Max Cheung) – son of Chai Village village chief Chai Yik-tseung (Lee Kwok Lun), Chai Man-kei (Ben Wong) and Bin Wai-ching (Alice Chan) have been buddies since childhood. The two guys both fancy Wai-ching. Rewind thirty years to a Mid-Autumn Festival evening, Man-shek, Man-kei and Wai-ching get drunk and then engage in something that undermines family values. Their inappropriate behavior is exposed. Man-kei, Wai-ching and Man-shek leave Chai Village and go their separate ways. Man-shek has even gone to Australia for good as he wants to forget everything that has happened. However, thirty years have passed and they are forced to face up to this long-buried incident as fate has brought them back together again.

Airing June 24th replacing Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Saber - 倚天屠龍記

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

First lead role for Max Cheung? Hopefully he does well. Time for TVB to promote some new/veteran people.

Jessica Kan in this too :shifty:

3. this looks boring to me cast and story hope im wrong :lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lol how can ben have a son that old :gum:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

quite boring to me lol but did anyone watch that other show? its only 4 episodes now

park yoho express? its pretty good and funny

• Like Like x 1
  6. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

one look at the poster and...........i'll pass on this one lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I'm actually going to be one of those that really liked the drama. The mains are not going to wow you but the acting was good imo (aside from Jessica Kan). I think the premise of the storyline that surrounds about Hong Kong village culture and family makes it a feel good story. I have always liked watching Alice Chan to begin with and being Max Cheung first "male lead B" role, i said he nailed the role very well.