Artists' Most Stupid English Names

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by mystery, Apr 22, 2006.

1. abcd123

abcd123 Member

I had a Friend who want to named her kid peace the father's last name sound like the word no LOL ??????

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Well, nothing beats Apple for the champion of "WTF is his/her parents thinking when they name him/her"... :D

3. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

cutie mui---i would give up everything to name myself pretty or beauty but not my parents
    kingdom yuen-it's ok though but definitely doesn't suit her
    evergreen mak--because his name is mak cheung ching...he should be the ambassador for environmental day
    bobo dodo yoyo coco ----they sounded silly
    gallen,eason,---meaningless...not even an english name
    yumiko--for goodness she can't even differentiate english and japanese name
    moses--a name but is his 'brother'(if he has) named ramses? lol
    juno--sounded like uno
    bondy---sounded like rebonding lol
    fan bing bing---that's where they came up with bling bling...but that is her real name isn't it?
    jessica hsuen---has anyone heard her full name is jessica hester hsuen? is she a mixed?
    dayo wong---tuna and egg mayo

4. ChilliChidori

ChilliChidori Well-Known Member

Also celebs give their children "strange" names. Like the name "Apple", "Brooklyn" or everbody knows "Paris".

The name "Fish" is really hard to live with it. I think if you give your child this name, every schoolmate will tease it that she/he stinks. :)

The name "Rain" is a sad name and no parents would give their child this name.

"Fan Bin Bing" is a 'coooool' name... ;)

"Kingdom Yuen"...I think the parents thought the name 'king' or 'emperor' is not great enough... ;)

"Alien Sun" - Great! We have our first contact! :)

"Deep Ng" - Strange name...maybe there is a "deep meaning" in this name... ;)

"Louisa So" - In German there exist this name but it's spelled like 'Luisa'. It's a real name.

"Evergreen Mak" - Another example of strange names...

5. hiake

"Paris" is as valid a name as any other, even in Shakespeare he has a "Prince Paris" in "Romeo and Juliet"... Just because they later NAMED a city after Paris does not make it any less valid a name... -nono

"Fish"... More like a nick? -unsure

Louisa with an "O" is the Spanish/Portugese spelling of Luisa...

6. ChilliChidori

The name Paris has it's origin from a Celtic folk 'Parisii' which lived from the middle of the third century BC until the Roman era. They settle on the banks of the river Seine. The name of the town Paris was derived from their name. Hence the town was not named by a person's name e.g. Shakespear's Prince Paris.

7. hiake

I apologize, what I meant is that the name "Paris" was used as a name long before Ms. Hilton comes around... Paris, France being named Paris was just me pointing out the obvious that a town's name does not necessary make it NOT a person's name.

8. ChilliChidori

Ok! Now I got it!

9. hiake

LOL, thanks for sharing its true origin (the Shakespearean Paris was the first Paris I know)

But I guess name's a thing which got quite fluid... I don't know any guy Ashley anymore and it's supposed to be a guy's name...

10. lalalala

lalalala Active Member

i never really understood the name of "fish" leung *lol*

11. shouli

shouli Member

actually I think show and fish are stupid names too

12. kkffvo

kkffvo Active Member

what about the name "Constance"?? Eason named her daughter Constance...doesnt sound common to me....but then again, names which are unusual should b good coz people will b able to differ u from others

13. ChilliChidori

I know a schoolmate who's name is Constance.

In the french novel The Three Musketeers there was a lady who was named Constance.

14. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

Constance is a female given name. The name itself derives from Latin and means "constant" and other meanings may be "knowledgeable" and "steadfast."

The name itself has many different variations, such as Connie, Constancia, Constanze, Constanza, and Konstanze.

15. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

i have a friend named constance linda and i think it's cool

16. hiake

Constance, like Temperance, are classical names. Uncommon, for sure, but not a made-up name...

17. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

Yea Jesus is a very common name.. even more when u live in a place where there's hispanic ppl...

Alien Sun!? wth lol! Yea sure u can call those names unique, because they're so dumb that o one else would use'em.

18. lilady912

lilady912 Member

ok, some are pretty bad, but not all of them, like louisa, rain, alec, cherrie and gillian. i think the dumb ones are like "deep" and "cutie", cause those are just plain weird. But for some of the people, you can't really bag on them for having names that are really just their chinese names said in english like gallen and bowie. =T

19. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Weird names usually from TVB artistes. Dont u think so?
    Bosco,Myolie,Evergreen,Power,Yoyo,etc.
    I also think RAIN is weird...

20. kaka830

kaka830 Member

there r too many werid names. FALA CHEN is the best name out of all those XD
    i dont think gillian is weird...