Are You Scared of Death?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by fearless_fx, Jun 15, 2007.

1. aznpsyco152

aznpsyco152 Well-Known Member

Dying? Well yah im afraid of dying and thinking what will happen later. I know that people are all saying that once ur a christian and die you go to heaven and such but really thinking that you leave everyone behind and going on... is it that easy? Can you really leave this earth with no regrets and no worries, what about your friends and family and all the people you love that is still on earth?

Alot of people say that they arnt afraid of dying because it is going to happen one day anyways but i think that you cant really know whether you are afraid or not until you have faced death in the eyes. I mean at that last moment it would be a lie to think that you arnt afraid. Violent death or not you still feel something.

Is talk about heaven and life after death just a reassurance to the human mind that masks the fear of death? Not to question anyones religion or anything.....

2. danchua

danchua Member

Someone says," I am not afraid of death. I just don't want to be there when it happens." I tend to agree with this person.

3. rewqdsa

rewqdsa Well-Known Member

Nobody is afraid of death. They are only afraid of pain.

4. Ztevieboy

Ztevieboy New Member

Me personal answer: yes, as I still have to many things I can't let go (yet)

Before talk about death, the fundamental law of the creation it is, the Free Will.
    We all came with nothing but through our lives we get so much material and what have you, makes us don't wanna leave it.
    Imagine life is just a dream, to experience this level of reality. When you have a "good" dream, you not wanna wake up (or in reverse don't wanna die) but when you do wake up (die) you will see/land into a new level of reality.

Here is a nice quote:

Matter is nearly an energy,
    condenced to a slow vibration.
    We are all one conciousness,
    experiencing itself subjectively.
    There are no things such as death,
    life is just a dream and
    we are the imagination of ourselves

5. vintage

vintage Well-Known Member

I'm not afraid of death. Because I already know that it is coming.

You are going to die.
    One day, you will be breathing. The next you will not.
    Consider: There will come a day when your task list will simply remain unchecked.
    You do not choose when this occurs.
    Consider: You will make enemies in your life. The only one you will never defeat is the one that tick, tick, ticks as you sleep, the one by your bed or on your wrist. Time, closer than your closest friend.

All you choose is what you are doing with your right now.

6. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Well-Known Member

NO FEAR to anything........i understand some rules from thx to musashi
    but......i don't wanna die regreting
    i will fear ppl around me dying

7. Adidas

Adidas Well-Known Member

I'm not scared of dying, at all.

When I was young, back in high school, my philosophy teacher once told my class about conversations with some people who had died, but came back to life (you know the few seconds death thing; not sure about the name). They said that their spirit had floated to the ceiling of the hospital room, and others said they were crawling through a tunnel, and they could see light at the end of it, with their deceased relatives waiting for them.

Sounds creepy, but that's how I look at it.

We are all going to pass away one day; and it'll only happen once, so don't be afraid of it. :)

8. the death of PS3 would make you cry >.<

i aint afraid of death but its real bad when people die and i have to see people upset, that's the worst part for me.

9. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Lol

Depends what kind of death it is. If its of natural causes and its my time to go, then I won't be afraid. If its something unexpected like an accident, then yes at that moment I would fear death. But I'm with master_g, I'm afraid of the death of the ones close to me. Losing one of my family or friends will always be devastating.

10. auta

auta Well-Known Member

imagine not having feeling of your body. imagine not having another day. those are the only things i keep asking myself.

11. dickson

dickson Well-Known Member

wot happens if u get scared half to death 2 times?

12. CuTeBuBleBeAr

CuTeBuBleBeAr Well-Known Member

well if i knew i was gonna die then yes i would be abit scared, but if i just die all of a sudden then nothing to be afraid about is there.. >.<

13. twetiopeia

twetiopeia Active Member

yea i think everyone is scare of death but when u are old and unable to do anything its bettter to die than give hardship to ur family its just selfish.

14. kird

kird Active Member

Although it's obviously impossible, I've always tried to imagine how it would feel like to die. It always ends up with me being depressed and fearing death even more :(

15. dim_sum85

dim_sum85 Member

im really scared of dying... im scared to go to sleep and close my eyes... but never to wake up again... that feelign is soooo scary... although we will never find out what happens to us and most likely not feel ourselves dead... its the weirdest feeling that you will close your eyes and never wake up... never see the world again... and most of all... friends and family...

16. i'd b lying if i said i wasn't scared at all... but that's gonna b all of us eventually... i just hope it won't b too painful haha... n i'm worried abt those who loves me... how they'll handle my death...

17. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

the irony...fearless fears ///

not really afraid anymore...faced death b4...nearly drown when I was a kid///

now accept fate?

18. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Well, to a certain extent we are all in the process of dying, so what is there to fear? LOL

19. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

ye the pessimist...." the child only lives for 9 months...once the baby is born, it starts to die"? perspective -lol

20. beshop

beshop Member

I guess we can look at it this way, like fearless_fx said, everyone eventually dies, and after you die, you feel no pain, no sadness, no nothing. i dun think its "death" that frightens people so much because everyone will eventually die, but i think its the idea that we have to leave our families, friends, love ones, or any accomplishments that frightens people so much. Thats why a lot of people say, the more you love your life, the more you're afraid to die, of course, not everyone agrees with this statement, but I think it makes sense. Or else why would people commit suicide right? they probably hate their lives so much that dying is their only solution, to them, death is nothing to be afraid of, more so, its a solution to them. Plus a lot of people think that life is not completely over after we die, our souls will probably end up somewhere, its probably the idea that they dunno where they're gonna end up frightens them?