Apple Launches iPhone 7: "The best it's ever made"

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phoenix, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Iphone7.jpg

Long story short, Apple has just launched its newest iPhone 7 in the iPhone range and calls it "the best it's ever made".

The much anticipated launch of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus included updates on the home button and camera, calling it a huge advancement on mobile technology. Other features also included the phone's "water resistant" ability and the absence of a headphone jack.

During the launch event in San Francisco, Phil Schiller and Tim Cook were present to introduce the new features and explained them to the audience.

"iPhone 7 and 7 Plus dramatically improve every aspect of the iPhone experience, reaching a new level of innovation and precision to make this the best iPhone we have ever made."

In regards to the lack of the headphone jack, the company will be relying on three alternatives: a lightning combatible pair of EarPods, one set of wireless Bluetooth airpods and a free dongle to connect the 'old' existing headphones.
    Phil Schiller defended the bold change: "The reason to move on: courage. The courage to move on and do something new that betters all of us."

New Features include:

• "New" design - but looks quite similar to the iPhone 6, colours come in black, gold, silver and rose gold
    • Home button: It is now force sensitive, non mechanical so it doesn't move into the phone - vibrations will be used for notifications
    • Water and dust resistant (up to 3.2ft depth of water for 30mins)
    • Camera - 12mp sensor which is supposed to be 60% faster and 30% more energy efficient. 4 LEDs have also been included that will make the pictures look better in artificial lighting. Ability to edit live photos, whilst the iPhone Plus will have a two-lens camera allowing more choice in focal lengths.
    • Display: 25% brighter with 3D touch
    • Performance: 64-bit 4 core processor + A10 Fusion Chip = 120x faster and longer battery life (extra 2 hours a day)
    • Top and bottom stereo speakers
    • Ear pods/Airpods - No headphone jack, new earphones with lightning attachment. Separate devices are available to connect the old headphones.
    • The Bluetooth wireless Airpods contain infrared/motion sensors to detect when they are in the user's ear and will automatically stop music when taken out. It also allows SIRI to be activated by double tapping the sides.

Orders for the phones will begin on Friday 9th September with shipping starting the following week.

~~~

cred: BBC/Reuters

#1 Phoenix, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Those airpods as the called it, will cost over $150 and sold separately. People will lose them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Phoenix

Yup ~ apple likes to switch things up :confused2:
    When they changed the charging port size hole thing....it was like rage lol and I don't trust the water resistance-y.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It's just another way for Apple to milk consumers. So many of the accessories are sold separately that it will cost more over time than the phone. How many times had we replace these things? Too many...:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I agree. As much as I hate my earbud getting tangled, they are the way to go.

However, most of my problems are the audio jack being fucked up or the actual cable of the earbud getting fucked up. These will solve the issues but still not worth $150.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Dang glad I prefer old school and don't mind spending 15 bucks for my inexpensive Sony headphones :p

7. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

time to upgrade! only thing i don't like about is no headphone jack. but i have a few good bluetooth headphones. so it won't affect me.

8. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

^Or you can just get the airpods :shifty:

At least it comes with an adapter this time around...

9. ailyeric

those airpods look retarded.

10. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

^You know it's tempting to buy into Apple's product :shifty:

Though there is quite a bit of BT headphones out there, like B&O Beoplay H5, Jaybirds, etc.

11. Phoenix

True, people will always buy it anyways regardless of how expensive/'ridiculous' it is....chasing the latest upgrade
    every year I always see people camping outside Apple , they are dedicated....

• Like Like x 1
  12. ailyeric

13. ailyeric

that's me lol. but i don't camp out. the line is ridiculous. just pre-ordered mine online earlier.

14. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

I love those people :p Helps my Apple stock hehe....

15. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Lemme drop a Kanye meme.
    Lemme innovate by dropping the wires on them buds.
    For all you apple nuts.