Andy Lau to wed Carol Chu within 100 days

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by rin, Aug 24, 2009.

1. rin

rin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 24, 2009) :
    Hongkong superstar Andy Lau, whose relationship with his Malaysian girlfriend of 24 years, Carol Chu, came under intense media scrutiny over the weekend following the death of Chu's father, is to wed Carol within 100 days.

According to a report today in Sin Chew Daily, which quoted a reporter from the Singapore Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wabao, Lau who flew into Malaysia to attend the funeral of Carol's father has promised the Chus to marry her according to the Chinese tradition to fulfil the senior Chu's last wish.

According to the report, a close family members had told the reporter in an interview that Lau, who was accompanied by Carol and their daughter, felt he owed his "father-in-law" an explanation and after consulting the Chus decided to hold a wedding reception within 100 days in accordance with Chinese tradition (which dictates that Carol must wed within 100 days of her father's death or wait until after three years).

The family member also told the reporter that it was decided that all ang pows collected at the wedding reception will be donated to charity, in particular the funds for Typhoon Morakot victims in Taiwan.

It is learnt that Carol was the apple of her father's eyes and Lau had during the registration of his marriage to Carol in Canada in the early 90s had promised the senior Chu a proper salutation for her.

Lau, who has never openly admitted Carol is his love, managed to elude some 40 local and Hongkong paparazzi at the funeral.

source: thesun (malaysia)

#1 rin, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Never heard this tradition before

3. rin

rin Well-Known Member

only for Hokkien people.

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

How much of this is true? I don't see why he needs to hide it.

5. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Is it even him in the photo? LoL!

6. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

I find it highly unlikely that anyone can elude 40 paparazzi. And the fact that people are using a picture of someone's eye as evidence that it was Andy Lau is beyond stupid.

7. rin

rin Well-Known Member

Quite a ‘scene’ at funeral of Chu’s dad

Quite a ‘scene’ at funeral of Chu’s dad

HONG Kong superstar Andy Lau’s name was believed to have been inscribed on a piece of paper and pasted onto a streamer strung up at the funeral of former beauty queen Carol Chu’s father.

The streamer – an ancient type of banner hoisted on a mast – is usually presented to the deceased by the sons- or daughters-in-law.
    However, all three major Chinese dailies reported that the paper bearing Lau’s name was later torn off by a funeral parlour worker.
    China Press wrote that a relative was overheard shouting at the worker during the funeral – “Itu Andy Lau, kasih koyak! (That’s Andy Lau’s name, tear it off!)”
    The worker immediately tore off the name before keeping the pieces in his pocket.

Although the funeral hogged the front pages of the Chinese dailies, none of them managed to capture the picture of Chu’s long-term partner.
    However, China Press, Nanyang Siang Pau and Sin Chew Daily insisted that the Hong Kong heart-throb did attend the funeral.

Sin Chew Daily reported that several Hong Kong paparazzi, who were at the funeral, recognised his sport shoes despite him being heavily shielded by silver umbrellas throughout the procession and that a bodyguard was seen pressing down Lau’s head.

All the dailies also reported that Lau was whisked off half-way during the procession.

China Press also reported that Chu did not come down from the bus that fetched the family to the cemetery in Cheras.

She also did not pay her last respects to her father during the burial ceremony.
    “We cannot believe she did not show up during the burial. Her father loved her the most,” the daily quoted relatives as saying.

The elder Chu, 73, had died on Tuesday after a five-hour surgery to remove a blood clot.

source: thestar (malaysia)

8. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

using the eye as evidence is stupid...and i don't even think it's him

9. rin

rin Well-Known Member

hello you two.....look at the snapshot taken from andy lau's official forum message below.:box:
    for those banana's who cannot read, here's the translation...
    After the funeral was over, the following day at about 10:39am with title ' I am well' he left a message regarding his present condition,

'My family members must be very worried about me, I am fine. Forefather was able to complete his last journey in peace, this is my greatest wish, Amitabha! Andy.'

[​IMG]

10. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

i want the official announcement LOL
    born a kid c'mon!!!!

11. tvbrocks

tvbrocks Active Member

lol i agree we don't even know if the picture is him?

12. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

got some real pics (credit: MINGPAO)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

^ i change my mind. i think it's andy now!

14. brianyu

brianyu Well-Known Member

lol ok he is in Malaysia ......

15. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

It is him nothing wrong with it is his father in law funeral no matter he admit or not.

16. gavyo

gavyo Well-Known Member

after all these yrs, its good she gonna get a status as Mrs Lau
    goodluck 2 them!

17. carmen08

carmen08 New Member

Finally Lau is to marry her. Thats great isn't!!!

18. rin

rin Well-Known Member

newspaper snapshot of thesun (Malaysia) Wednesday 26 August 2009.

[​IMG]

19. chibiturtle

chibiturtle Member

so its pretty much true dat they are in somekind of relationship if not already married...but was it really as reported a 20 something years love...cuz then i would have to give props to Carol for being able to endure the situation for so long and always stayed by Andy's side...

20. The Lone Moon

The Lone Moon Well-Known Member

Good luck to Andy Lau! I hope his diehard fans stop giving him a hard time. I think we should be happy for him to finally get to get married with his long time gf! ^_^ Congrates!