Alex Fong in The Building Blocks of Life 建築有情天

Discussion in 'The Building Blocks of Life - 建築有情天' started by tis me, Dec 4, 2007.

1. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've seen Alex in a series.. the last one was an ATV series..

I think this is a different role from what I'm used to seeing Alex in.. he usually plays the cool, good-looking professional.. but in this series he's the timid jong sau lo! I think he's doing a good job so far and I like his chemistry with Tavia..

It seems that he formerly studied architecture but gave it up so he could take over his father's business.. I don't think he's that happy with his life right now and it'll be interesting to see him venture back into architecture.. and to see his relationship with Tavia develop!

Comments on his character or acting?

2. deadman_inc

deadman_inc Well-Known Member

i dont usually watch the shows that alex acts in, the one i did watch was the one where he was a cop, and travelling between HK and taiwan finding this traid dude, and his daughter got killed later on the show....was it called 60 seconds? cant remember...
    i think he's ok....i like him better in movies...

3. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

It's weird seeing him so meek, I'm used to watching him play really manly roles. Lol. But I like the way he's so gentle and protective of tavia

4. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Hmm... Dont really like his acting because sort of dull~!!

5. hometime

hometime Member

His character is at times very obnoxious and irritating. I don't see how both women could be interested in him.

6. tvbobsessions

tvbobsessions Well-Known Member

Hahah! Yes exactly! It isn't like his character is very charismatic or anything. xD.

7. mzcandii3e

mzcandii3e Member

they should of chosen a younger actor for his role.he is a bitt too old for tavia.dont you think?

8. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I like Alex and so far, he is ok in this series....I like him with tavia also...

9. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

he seems very calm, good job.

10. fayenatic

fayenatic Well-Known Member

yknow, the 'Richard Gere of Hong Kong' has always worked best with women younger than him.

LOVES it! :]

11. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

i like alex fong when he is more manly. its a shame that the only reason hes in this drama is because he ran out of money. :<

12. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

i like alex in a more manly role. it's a shame that the only reason he's in this series is because he ran out of money :<

13. dreyvii

^Really? You sure bout that?

But anyway, it's great to see him acting again. Always loved him...he has so much charisma

14. michelle7879

michelle7879 Well-Known Member

Actually i love to see Alex alot, cos he is so manly... but to his acting skill.... i would feel, so so only... but tis TBBOL. he is quite good.. and in the starting of TBBOL.. i would feel, he dun looks like a carpenter.,.cos.
    carpenter wont looks so manly as him.. haha... his sister's husband ( Yun Keng Tan's Husband , dun remember his name ) i would feel he looks more as a carpenter.. haha..
    so, while he step back as Architect .. i feel , there he is.. he really look like an architect..
    a very handsome and professional architect.. haha...
    any way, quite love him character in tis series...

~~ War Of In Law II - Airing 02/01/2008 ~~

[​IMG]

15. dreyvii

^ Haha...I thought carpenters play the macho role to the fullest! Lolz. But yeah, Alex has charisma, and is more suited for roles as a professional. What I really like is that he is so macho, yet gentle at the same time. haha...I really enjoyed it when Tavia calls him "oh-gor".

16. s!lver

s!lver Well-Known Member

I like him, dont mind watching him. I noticed almost all the character who wear glasses are rockin them half framed glasses. Is it an archi thing?

17. dreyvii

^ Haha...sounds more like a fashion thing

18. rootlinux

rootlinux Member

hahaha...

19. Lorrlan

Lorrlan Well-Known Member

his character is definetely very different in dramas and movies ive seen him in...

20. dreyvii

^ Not really, he's played some gentle roles in before. I can't remember which series though...