A Journey Called Life - 金石良緣

Discussion in 'A Journey Called Life - 金石良緣' started by RockkxD, Apr 17, 2008.

1. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

What a surprising twist to Linda's story in Eps 17. Never saw that coming at all...

2. bluek

bluek Member

wa wa wee wa! finally someone who agrees with me! i actually find him kinda good looking,akekeke.....n he does look cool as mad racer,but all my friends disagree,they'll go like "harh! pui he just looks like someone u wanna punch if u see them on the street" harhar but hallo that doesnt make him any less cool

3. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

It was hinted very early on when her mom was dragging her out to the store to see her father. She carries the horse racer's bible (newspaper) and when she gave Linda the dress, she was like be nice like the horses lol.

4. dreyvii

^ Yeah, I knew she was a gambler, but I always thought that Tai Fun was the third party who broke up the marriage.

5. bbes

bbes Incredible

wat u mean a happy ending, u know how its gonna end? from synopsis i wonder whether steven dies in the end. hmm... i hope not.

6. Ladyeve

Ladyeve Active Member

god i hope neither steven nor linda dies, i cant wait to watch tomorrow's episode... actually i dont even want this drama to end! its too good =T

7. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

I think this series is alright. I like how they talk about some real issues. It's nice to see Kent and Steven is good as usual. Linda is getting better but personally I still can't stand her crying. Fala is alright. Hopefully in the future she will be able to portray some different characters who isn't obessed with material things.

8. dreyvii

^ Yeah, it corresponds to the normal ups and downs of life. Very realistic, that's why you actually feel for the characters when they act out their scenes. I felt so sad for Kent Cheng when Roy sold off his house to pay his debts and he had to move to the outskirts. And more importantly the pain Kent felt when Roy refused to listen to his advice and finally ended up having to use his life savings to save him

9. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

SPOILERS AHEAD

Well, from the newspapers, it is known that Steven's baby will die in Episode 19 and Fala dies in the last episode. Apart from that, I think no one else dies...

10. dreyvii

Oh NO!! Why did Steven's baby die???!!! So hard for them to conceive and the baby dies. The couple must be devastated!!!

11. zhongchai

zhongchai New Member

yeah lor..

12. bbes

bbes Incredible

why is there so many deaths in tvb series these days. it makes it rather cliche if they die, as they all seem to be dying recently. also, there seems to be quite a few deaths in this series, first hana and now the baby and fala. thats a lot of deaths for one series.

13. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

At the end of episode 18, the preview shows how Fala accidentally hits Linda. Therefore, you may conclude that this is the reason why Steven and Linda loses their baby.

14. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Life and death happens in life.I think AJCL is trying to potray that. And also what will happen if u possess wealth too much : like Vicky@Fala Chen. The only thing that might be illogical is two babies (Vicky & Linda's) die almost the same time.same episode. And the coincidence that it was Fala who knocked Linda down. Apart from that, I think it is pretty logical and realistic, And the cast did very well.

15. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

The story is trying to capture the many aspects in life. Even though there are many deaths in this series, they all steam from different reasons: i) Hana died because she didn't listen to Linda to reform (i.e. learn from your mistakes), 2) Vicky and Roy's baby died because Vicky's greed for money was far too great (i.e. don't be too greedy), 3) Linda and Steven's baby died to stir up family fighting within what was once a happy family (i.e. family fights), and 4) Vicky dies most likely due to unstable mindset from all of her sinful actions (i.e. take responsibility for your actions and people with unstable mindset).

16. dreyvii

I agree with liquidzyklon. The deaths were of different cause. I felt the deaths were well done, and not unnecessary, unlike Roger's death in DIE (rolls eyes)

I don't see anything illogical about Fala's and Linda's baby dying in the same episode. In fact, I think that further elaborates on Steven's disappointment in his sister's actions. In fact, I think right now the focus is on how Steven will manage his anger, pain and disappointment. Hence the buildup of tragic events.

17. bbes

bbes Incredible

do u think there will be like an alternative ending out just like in DIE?

18. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

Even with an alternative ending, the worst has already happened. A mixed bag finish though for this series.
    Catch me if you can looks promising.

19. bbes

bbes Incredible

wats catch me if you can about?

20. GreenTeaCola

GreenTeaCola Active Member

Hmm...sorry if this is spoilers for any of you guys but...maybe Fala died so Roy can be good? Just like the way Hana died so Gaga could be good?

Fala did say that she and Roy are a good couple because they both loved money so much. Later on it was only Roy who became less materialistic and Fala who died from it (correct me if I'm wrong). Just a theory anyway from reading those posts you guys wrote =)