A General, A Scholar and An Eunuch - 超時空男臣 (2017)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Jul 15, 2017.

1. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

I noticed all these 2017 TVB dramas seem to be 20 plus now when they can easily be just 20....the ones that seem to drag that is :p

2. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

OK I just saw the last episode and totally do not understand it, was so confusing, anyone want to explain please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

Edwin dumb as a rock

4. lilmeh

lilmeh Active Member

I think i invested too much into this one.
    I kept expecting something awesome to happen (e.g. they fixed their problems and not just send them away, krystal + edwin, history gets changed forever etc.) .. and then it didnt. It was so disappointing.

5. nikkyh

nikkyh Well-Known Member

I thought it was because I just skipped through all the eps...but good to know others find it just as confusing. :lol::lol::lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ailyeric

this drama was interesting in the beginning. turned into shit around episode 20. what the hell happened in the last episode? they dragged this stupid drama all the way to 32 episodes and still didn't give a good ending. looks like they are trying milk this shit into another sequel. all complaints aside, this is still better than the other tvb garbage bet hur. please no more edwin and krystal. so sick of them!

hmmm.......feels like Espresso made a voodoo doll of me and help her write this comment.. :p

7. the gigolo theme again tvb been using it allot lately :boblaff:

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

• Still confused by the ending lol. Maybe some of you are right, opening the doors to a sequel. They will travel back and fix what went wrong.
    • I'm surprised they just shipped away Cheung Sing and Cheuk Wa just like that. Again, sequel..?
    • Willie Wai finally seeing him again. TVB just loves giving awards out and stop promoting them after lol
    • Rebecca Zhu looks pretty in this (Y)
    And upon further research..
    • Rosina Lam was suppose to play the role of Grace. Interesting..
    • A news article says the producer are highly considering a sequel.
      • 3 Main characters back to Ming dynasty trying to readjust to the old life
      • Maybe bring Kristal and Rebecca back too
      • A "new" character cyborg from 2030 goes back as well, played by Priscilla
    So yes, the open ending is indeed opening doors to a sequel

• Like Like x 1
  9. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

interesting, kinda glad that turned out the way it did, I do prefer Grace over Rosina when it comes to acting. If they are doing a sequel i wouldn't imagine it'd be hard to write if they were just following history, i mean at that point, going back to "fix" what went wrong just means the 3 playing their historical parts, which means Edwin will probably die and get betrayed by Matthew. I'm not digging the cyborg idea though

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea, I wouldn't be too opposed to a sequel if it's going to be 20 episodes. If it's 30 again it's a bit too long.

And let's be real, who actually watches TVB for the storyline? I know I just watch it for shit and giggles, I dont take it too seriously lol, I can leave it playing while doing other shit since I dont need subs.

11. ailyeric

u r so behind lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. xaznxryux

heh, I actually kinda do, some isn't that bad, I mean for the most part I thought Four Walls was a pretty decent storyline and some of their dramas closer to the awards are usually ok

13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea cause I usually watch a couple episodes a day, then I'll forget about it and don't touch it for a week or two lol

You are right. The dramas later end of the year when they push for awards are usually the best storyline/production wise. Definitely am excited to watch Legal Mavs, Unholy, and Line Walker. Gotta watch all the low production ones first :kelefe:

• Like Like x 1
  14. xaznxryux

o right, totally forgot about Legal Mav, to me that is my favorite series of the year for me hands down. I'm actually looking forward to Ruco's upcoming drama about HeShen, his last couple of dramas has been lackluster for me (his personal performance). it's historical and more of a serious tone so I have very high hopes for that one