A Fist Within Four Walls - 城寨英雄‬ (2016)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Jul 18, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:
    A Fist Between Four Walls

Chinese Title:
    城寨英雄

Genre:

Pre-Modern/Martial Arts

Producer:
    Jazz Boon

Episodes:

Cast:
    Ruco Chan
    Benjamin Yuen
    Nancy Wu
    Yuen Chau
    Phillip Ng
    Moon Lau
    Grace Wong

Synopsis:
    Bearing the grief of losing his family, Chor Au-kuen (Ruco Chan) returns to the Kowloon Walled City in hopes of finding his long lost sister, only to find that the very place he grew up in has become a lawless no man’s land.

Concealing his real identity as a Bajiquan master, Au-kuen creates a new identity and gets acquainted with the feisty and sassy Tiu Lan (Nancy Wu), the lady boss of a hair salon; Duen Ying-fung (Benjamin Yuen), a dentist; and But Tak-liu (Jazz Lam), a water worker. Au-kuen also impresses the highly skilled martial artist Yuk Bo-fung (Yuen Qiu), who owns a store across the street from Tiu Lan’s hair salon.

To restore law and order in the walled city, Au-kuen unites everyone to form a welfare association to resist the triads. However, this decision causes a clash between him and Bo-fung’s son Lung Shing-fu (Philip Ng), who is an underground Muay Thai fighter.

Just as things are finally getting on course, a key figure in a powerful triad mysteriously dies under the hands of a Bajiquan master. Au-kuen and Tiu Lan investigate, and their investigation leads them to Fa Man (Grace Wong), the leader of a stripping dance troupe. But one discovery leads to another, and Au-kuen finds himself uncovering the truth behind his father’s death.

The burden behind his family’s mystery may have been lifted, but not all is well. Au-kuen still carries one more painful memory that he’s unable to let go—that the one he trusts the most is actually a member of a gang of ruthless assassins.

Airing August 1st replacing House of Spirits 一屋老友記

#1 shinobi, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

theme songs sounds like it came from Dynasty Warriors

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Dang wish this was modern...don't usually watch anything but modern, but I may give this a shot...

4. alot of action first ep :fight3:

Benjamin is a bootleg Ip Man :kelefe:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gd6noob

gd6noob Well-Known Member

Dang.. a lot of cuties.. Bella, Apple, Chloe and Zoie! haha not bad not bad...

6. xaznxryux

interesting series so far, but I cannot wait for that eunuch guy to die...and I hope he dies a horrible death

• Funny Funny x 1

7. Jeff leung fun looks crazy :kenn:

he's a kung fu gangster la ying :bigsmiles: :gfight:

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Holy shit that don't even look like leung fun, thought he was filming Blue Veins in that video :kelefe:

9. xaznxryux

LOL yea, hated him as Leung Fun...actually I hate him as an actor for some reason, this character makes it more so lmao...he needs to die in the most horrible way possible. Like a building falls on him or something

10. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Leung Fun wasn't even a hatable character tho.. unless you hated him for splitting with Lai Goo :kelefe:

11. hooked on this duet :flames::whistle:

12. this series has more action the first week than that whole blue veins series :boblaff:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. xaznxryux

idk for some reason I just don't like him as an actor lol, perhaps it's the acting

14. gd6noob

Enjoying this series so far.. not bad.. hopfully TVB doesnt screw it up tooo much

15. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

Lol @ episode 7. Ruco and Benjamin taking turn pounding Nancy's boobs. I'm shocked to see this in a tvb drama.

• Like Like x 2
  16. xaznxryux

my predictions

-Nancy works for Chun Mei
    -KK Cheung didn't actually retire, I call BS
    -Ben's uncle either is involved, or masterminded behind Ruco's dad's death, probably also behind his own brother's death. Grace kills him
    -Grace dies near the end either just before or after Ruco knowing she is his long lost sister
    -Phillip joins association helping Ben and Ruco
    -Chun Mei dies by hand of Grace
    -KK doesn't die by hands of Grace, either dies by karma or just doesn't die at all.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. grace wong damn hot in this her best role? the female characters are much interesting than the males :hmm:

18. gd6noob

Ep15... I didnt know Bras existed in asia back then.. LOL

19. titi

titi Well-Known Member

Haven't watched tvb dramas in years. But with all this hype i started watching this today, yes all 16eps in one day! Lol. Not a disappointment so far. :)

20. lol whys that cripple dude bellas dad still alive smh he'll have an important role in the end? :hmm: