3D Origami

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Artwork Section' started by skong125, Oct 20, 2009.

1. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

i started making origami when i was like 3-4 years old..... ^^

well if u want to make those big 3d origami you will probably need to spend 10-15h

2. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ 3-4 y.o....-shock......making paper airplanes dont count =P

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Wow...10-15hrs

Dont remember I was that committed doing something

4. megazone23

megazone23 Well-Known Member

@skong125:
    You don't HAVE TO glue it, but it is recommended so that it doesn't fall apart sometime in the future and that pieces don't shift and deform over time (especially for the more delicate structures that aren't in a bowl shape, like your dragon) I just used a regular gluestick from, like, elementary school or sth. Just a bit is fine

And some girls do like these things. I made the Hello Kitty because this girl that I tried chasing in the past loved Hello Kitty. Well, things didn't work out, so, ya. The 'phoenix' was for my mom, and she loved it. (it's sitting at the entrance of my house =P) Though, I had 2 lackies (ie. my brothers) helping me fold the pieces after a while while I pieced it together when I ran out of pieces and time, haha.

And generally any paper works, though you may want sturdier paper. The gold/silver 'crane' used reflective, glittery origami paper while the other stuff just used simple card stock paper (though it's hard on the fingers) being chopped to a 4:1 ratio size with a paper cutter

@-Tisken-
    Yours looks so professional *jealous* Maybe we make them to please our moms, because that's what I did for a present =P

I started a lil later than you around... 5 or 6 when my aunt came over and taught me how to make boxes out of connecting pieces together. And then I forgot how to make most of the things that I used to know except for things like flowers, hearts, etc. (maybe to chase girls or to show other ppl how to? iono... though I never really did.... but I did make roses for my gf and taught other guys how to make roses for their gfs, lol) Maybe that's what origami is used for for guys, haha. Iono...

5. -Tisken-

hahah I remember, my first origami was a shuriken^^
    my bro taught me... then when i was in the Kindergarten, there was that origami book^^
    then i started making flowes, ship, etc..... ^^

6. skong125

skong125 Well-Known Member

awww... i need to learn to make roses, they look so real xD
    wow... u lot make me look like an epic n00b... only really started like 2-3 years ago... started by making a crane and then taught it to my friends which started to pollute the school with them :)
    i started making the 3d swans 3 weeks ago as part of a charity week, so i donated them to my school and the small swan took me like 9hrs but its quite small and it was my first attempt... actually amazed it turned out so well :D
    btw, tisken, where did u hold ur origami project? was it at uni or college?

7. -Tisken-

at the college^^

it was some kind of event..... and this year i want to host another project but dunno what... xD

8. skong125

wow, ur college sounds awesome if it hosts that kind of events... my sixth form has nothing >.<
    what do u think of my version of ur donald duck shi fu tisken :p
    [​IMG]

#28 skong125, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  9. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

Here is a Hello Kitty 3D Origami that I made.

[​IMG]

Took a lot of time to make

10. jjjjj10

jjjjj10 Member

really amazing stuff guys!

11. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

wow skong ya donald ducky is cuteee...but i think the feet are a ickle bit big....

no nameee ya hello kittty is cutee.....who's it for...?...kao lui arr....??....=P

12. skong125

nice hello kitty gawain, looks like u used some quality card there (Y)

also, can anyone point me in any direction to getting some black paper online... it seems a lot harder than i thought when i cant use ebay cause i dnt have a paypal and i wanna try and make a mickey mouse... many thanks to anyone that can help :bowdown:

13. -Tisken-

haha dont call me si fu ^^
    your duck is pretty cool ~

ohh hehe youre lookin for black paper?^^ its really rare to find.... i bought a lot when i was in HK......

14. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

I also made another kitty, so they can be a happy family

[​IMG]

Thanks BBear, Ha Ha Ha, I actually made it out of curiosity and boredom, but maybe in future I can possibly use it as a gift ;) thanks for the suggestion, keke

Thanks Skong, I just reused the white A4 paper from old university coursework. The black paper I also had a problem finding, so I just looked for magazines with the black colour and cut those out and used those.

BTW, your ducky is cutey :D

15. skong125

lol, u dont like being a si fu :p
    bought them from HK >.< when's the next time im going there... and i need it by end of next month so i can make the mickey mouse for someone's birthday :S

hmm... i dnt think ill be able to find enough magazines with black in it >.< i might need to resolve to printing out rectangular squares myself... gonna be a huge strain on the printer cartridges >.<

oh and thanks for your comments on my duck :)

16. -Tisken-

if you are in hurry, try to paint the papers black !!! i remember when i made my first 3d origami panda, i painted the white papers^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. skong125

its gonna be a greater effort getting paint since i dnt have any >.< i might as well just print out some black paper, thanks for the suggestion nyways, much appreciated (Y)

18. megazone23

megazone23 Well-Known Member

I remember a long time ago I had seen post-it note papers in black (that came with gel pens) It's not the most durable stuff, but if you give it the extra fold in half at start, it should still work.

Or maybe... if you're desperate, construction paper always comes in black. It may not be the best thing to fold, but it's an option if you need black paper.

Or have you checked out any art/craft stores before? They may have black paper for miscellaneous reasons

19. skong125

actually, after scavenging through my room i actually managed to find some black paint and a paint brush so i think i'll take Tisken's suggestion of painting the paper black, so many thanks Tisken (Y)

20. -Tisken-

haha no problem^^
    im lookin forward to see the result =)