2012-2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball - Congrats shinobi!

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by Dav, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Welcome to PA Fantasy Basketball for the 2012-2013 NBA season.

Returning managers from last year will have priority sign ups and have already been sent invitation emails (so be sure to check the email you used for the league last year). If you accept your invitation, please confirm your participation by posting in this thread as well as stating your team name on Yahoo.

The priority sign ups deadline for returning managers will be September 30, 2012 at 10:00AM PST.

Others interested may still sign up and post on this thread as after the returning managers, sign ups for this competition will be based on a first-post, first-serve basis. The first 12 people to sign up will be guaranteed spots as participants. There will be a waiting list for those signing up after the first 12.

To sign up, please leave your username, your timezone, and your preferred date and time of drafting.

Username: Dav
    Timezone: PST (GMT-8:00)
    Preferred Draft Date and Time: Weekdays / 11:11pm

Note: If have been sent an invite for the league, please confirm your participation by replying in this thread and posting your Yahoo! Team Name from which we will be able to recognize you.

Let the season begin! :D

PARTICIPANTS
    1. Dav - SupahDav (GMT-08:00)
    2. Aoes - MVP (GMT-08:00)
    3. burpyierz - Masked Mamba (GMT+01:00)
    4. ? - The Replacements
    5. shinobi - shinobi_BEST_CHA_CHA (GMT-05:00)
    6. Physica - Physica (GMT+02:00)
    7. qazqazqaz8 - K&F (GMT-08:00)
    8. khaotic - Mudkips (GMT-05:00)
    9. RTran37 - (GMT-05:00)
    10. Aaron - (GMT-05:00)

DRAFT INFORMATION

Date: TBD

Time: TBD (latest time offered by Yahoo! is 8:45PM PST)

Note #1: The draft date and time listed on Yahoo! (10/27/12 @ 8:45PM PST) is informal and was just used as a placeholder to create the league. It serves as only a possible date and time for the live online draft.

Note #2: If you cannot make it for the Live Online draft, you will be automatically enrolled in the Autopick draft where players will be drafted based on Yahoo! default rankings or your own pre-ranking of players.

League Settings
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Playoffs: Week 22, 23, 24 (6 Teams)
    Note: Week 24 runs 10 days from Apr 8 to Apr 17
    League Start Week: Week 1 (October 30)
    Roster Changes: Daily - Today

Positions and Roster Size
    Point Guard (PG) -- 1
    Shooting Guard (SG) -- 1
    Guard (G) -- 1
    Small Forward (SF) -- 1
    Power Forward (PF) -- 1
    Forward (F) -- 1
    Center (C) -- 1
    Utility (Util) -- 3
    Bench (BN) -- 3

Stat Categories
    1. Field Goal Percentage
    2. Free Throw Percentage
    3. 3-Point Shots Made
    4. Points Scored
    5. Total Rebounds
    6. Assists
    7. Steals
    8. Blocked Shots
    9. Turnovers

Again, to sign up, please leave your username, your timezone, and your preferred date and time of drafting.

#1 Dav, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. signed and sealed(Y)

3. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

MVP would be me :D

BTW... I suggest everyone to do a few mock drafts every week leading up to our draft... so far, shit's crazy... the only sure things I can see are the first TWO picks... KD and LBJ... after that, it gets nuts, I've been surprised every mock I've done... Melo at 3, D12 at 3, JSmoove at 5, Ibaka in the 1st rnd, at one point I was able to grab Wade/LMA/Millsap/Curry/Gordon from the 8th spot...

There's also some huge drop offs for some positions, so do play around with it... this season will be a blast...

OH and draft date and time, any Sat evening PST works for me... in fact I would love it that way haha...

#3 Aoes, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  4. RTran37

RTran37 Active Member

Username: RTran37
    Timezone: EST (GMT-5:00)
    Preferred Draft Date and Time: Weekdays / Anytime after 8pm

5. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Username: Aaron
    Timezone: EST (GMT-5:00)
    Preferred Draft Date and Time: Weekends

6. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I got the invite, and want to know if the crowd will welcome me being the commissioner, or if you folks would like a small buy in?

7. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

I'm ok with this if you 1) don't invite others not on PA into the competition and 2) keep the standard 9 categories and league settings at default.

8. Espresso

My suggestions are to make it diff't from last year, and it will include new categories, and maybe make it a BUY IN, so maybe $10 USD buy in or something.

That way, we call can progress forward.

9. Espresso

I'm not a spammer, but I've been on PA for a few years nows. I've ALWAYS pushed for growth and improvement and that's all I really want. A buy in creates competition and genuine management. Having more categories, and a diff't setup from the prior year allows for more fun, more challenges, and keeps the interest high!

All I'm asking for is to improve themselves and try something new. A buy in of $10 doesn't hurt does it? I mean, it'll help motivate the league, especially the season being so long. More so, it keeps the motivation going.

10. qazqazqaz8

qazqazqaz8 Active Member

count me in

11. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

I joined again this year but I'm not sure if I will have enough time to properly manage my team.
    If there is more than enough people, I could give away my spot

12. there's a buy in this year? -fear

13. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

I love the idea of a buy in and agree that it does add incentive, but at this point in time, it's just very improbable given the diversity of our members and the time we have. This is also something shinobi and co. would have to see through.

As for the inclusion of new categories, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but you can't just add categories without first having consent from others...

It's too complicated with people coming from all over the world and money is always a tricky issue. Maybe next year...

I'll send you a PM regarding this possibility for the future though.

Thanks for letting us know. In the case that does happen, I will get back to you! Of course, we do look forward to having you again.

--
    Teams imket, Romance 3 Kingdoms, _(@.@)_, and ...................., if you guys are still interested in returning, please respond to this thread. In the meantime, I have opened up your spots for newcomers to join in.

In other news, Sign-Ups are now open to the general public. RTran37 and Aaron be on the lookout for invitation emails! :)

14. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot to say, my team name is Masked Mamba if you guys forgot :p

15. Kajen

Kajen Member

Hey,

I'm keen to play if you guys have any spots left? I have played for the last couple of years and love it.

cheers

16. Espresso

okay.

i'll try post a league setup here. and recruit.
    hope you guys are okay.

#16 Espresso, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  17. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Using paypal is not the concern; the concern lies in who handles/manages the money and with everyone coming from all parts of the world, it's no surprise to see trust issues and whatnot.

As for your logic having a fair shot, it seems to be you against everyone else as you're the only one intent on having change. I am not stagnant in my views (if you can even call it that) and I've said this before and I'll say it again, if you want a change implemented, you'll have to get it approved by the majority of the teams. If not, then default settings it is.

I'm sorry if MY terms happen to be the same as the universally recognized league-wide DEFAULT settings. I suppose there's no specific reason the settings are default.

I never meant to nor did I ever center the league around my views, but if that's the way you want to look at it, sure. However, the one thing I can't put my mind around is how something default automatically makes it on my terms.

18. Espresso

i agree. i mean there are fellow members here that have credibility, but we'll figure out a way. just saying. i have no problem w/ a $10 buy in. i understand the risks too, but the buy in is simply there to keep interest and competitive management.

19. Kajen

Kajen Member

I take the ignoring me bit as a no? :)

thats cool....if you need a guy send me a pm....if not hope you guys have fun.

20. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

Not a no lol... if you are keen and willing to stick out the entire season we welcome all. :D