2012-2013 NHL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by Jeff, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

TBH, i dont like the Islanders logo. They should revamp it.

NHL lockout. Stalemate. No sides wants to give in. I mean 50/50 is pretty good. :facepalm:

2. looks better on the inside...lol
    Raptors first road game will be in Brooklyn...we will be one of the first teams to play there:yes:

3. ^ And the first team to lose in that building :trollface:

4. ken ducati

ken ducati Active Member

Somebody should just fire Gary Bettman.

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

So, with the deal done. Question that has been going on a while...

Where will Luongo go?

6. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

^ Florida?

i'm so glad the lockout is finally over. a shortened season was the best thing the kings could've asked for. :)

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

[video=youtube;1kC5K2g0X_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1kC5K2g0X_g[/video]

8. no new thread for shorten season? :trollface:

[video=youtube;7o9mel_nAr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o9mel_nAr4[/video]
    he's from Switzerland... swissssss cheeeeeseeee!

#588 shinobi, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  9. That was fucking diiiiiiirrrrrrtttyyyyyy

10. [video=youtube;P0FCeKqfv7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0FCeKqfv7Q[/video]
    lol his celebration

11. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Kinda reminds me of Ovie. Overreacts when he scores. LOL

12. [video=youtube;ZSRFLUBgvzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSRFLUBgvzc[/video]
    Nail is a Theo Fleury fan? :shifty:

13. scorpioss

scorpioss Member

Probably not gonna be interested until close to playoffs.. lol

14. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

NHL Realignment Approved (by players).

Playoff Format: Top 3 in each division gets a playoff seed. The 2 remaining spot (wildcard) will be the next highest 2 team in points in each conference. Divisional playoffs where 1st seed in division plays the wildcard, and 2nd/3rd seed play together.

Each team will play 2 games cross-conference, 1 home and 1 away per team.

~~

I personally love the new playoff format and finally get to see some east vs west. Playoff format isn't as stupid as it is now where an 8th seed team is 3rd seed because of the stupid division rule. Now it's more fair imo. For Toronto seems like we have our own division, with addition of Detroit, Florida, and Tampa. Great for hockey fans with the reunited Toronto & Detroit.

15. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Realignment picture.

[​IMG]

Don't get why TampaBay and Florida is in our Division.

16. I believe this is also only for two years, where they'll revisit to study if it actually works and whether or not they should continue. Basically trial and error lol.

17. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea, 2 years of trial and error.

At first I dont see why many people are opposed to the new realignment apart from the uneven number of teams in conference. But I read an interesting comment (paraphrased): Less chance of Canadian teams making playoffs since they're put into 2 divisions. Rivals or not, it's always nice to see a Canadian team in the playoffs imo. Any more downside?

This realignment also allows NHL expansion for 2 more teams (Quebec maybe?). Apart from Tampa and Florida, i can see travel cost go down as well as timezones in division are more even.

18. To be honest, I don't buy that "more chances of Canadian teams in the playoffs". There should not be any excuse as to why a team gets a free ticket into playoffs. You get into the playoffs only if you deserve to do so. That goes for the Canadian teams and the Leafs as well. And when playoff season comes, I'm not looking forward to the "WHY AREN'T YOU CHEERING FOR A CANADIAN TEAM" bullshit.

I think the great thing about this realignment is that stupid teams like Carolina don't get an automatic top 3 playoffs seed with less points simply because they lead their conference. In fact, I'm pretty happy that Tampa Bay and Florida are in our division, and teams like Carolina are in a division with the Flyers, the Pens and the Rangers. This way, if they get into the playoffs, that means they deserved it because they beat out the strong teams.

19. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Iggy has done everything he did to try help the Flames win. Would love to see him retire as a Flame, but he deserves that cup.

Penguins going all in this year. Trading mid/high-end prospect for veterans (what the Leafs did & fucked us up for a long time) for the cup. Penguins are serious contenders.