2010-2011 PA Fantasy Basketball -- Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by Dav, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

FANTASY BASKETBALL LEAGUE HAS BEEN CREATED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR INBOXES FOR A PM FOR LEAGUE INFORMATION.

With basketball season a little over a month away, it's that time of the year again. PA is going to be hosting it's 2nd Annual Fantasy Basketball Competition! Our 1st competition last year was a success and we hope this year's competition will be the same.

Sign ups for this competition will be based on a first-come, first-serve basis. The first 12 people to sign up will be guaranteed a spot as a participant. There will be a waiting list for those signing up after the first 12. If there are enough people for a second league, that will be arranged as well.

To sign up, please leave your username, your preferred method of drafting (Live Online or Autopick), your timezone, and your preferred date and time of drafting (if you opt for Live Online).

Let the season begin!

PARTICIPANTS
    1. supahdav - Live Online (UTC-8:00)
    2. Physica - Live Online (UTC+2:00)
    3. shinobi - Live Online (UTC-5:00)
    4. burpyierz - Live Online (UTC+1:00)
    5. psyduck215 - Live Online (UTC-5:00)
    6. Espresso - Live Online (UTC-10:00?)
    7. imket - Live Online (UTC+10:00
    8. qazqazqaz8 - Live Online (UTC-8:00)
    9. Aoes - Live Online (UTC-8:00)
    10. kdotc - Live Online (UTC-5:00)
    11. tdog - Live Online (UTC-8:00)
    12. khaotic - Live Online (UTC-5:00)

WAITING LIST
    1. Paranoidandroid - Live Online (UTC+8:00)
    2. hadouken?

DRAFT INFORMATION

TENTATIVE Date & Time: Thursday, October 14, 2010 @ 11:00PM EST (UTC-5:00)
    - Thursday, October 14, 2010 @ 8:00PM (UTC-8:00)
    - Thursday, October 14, 2010 @ 5:00PM (UTC-10:00)
    - Friday, October 15, 2010 @ 5:00AM (UTC+1:00)
    - Friday, October 15, 2010 @ 6:00AM (UTC+2:00)
    - Friday, October 15, 2010 @ 2:00PM (UTC+10:00)

*Sorry for the early times for those of you in the UTC+1:00 and UTC+2:00 regions. Please make sure to double check the times as I used a timezone converter and am not sure as to how accurate it is. I might be a bit off so please double check using 11:00PM EST (UTC-5:00).

League Settings
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Playoffs: Week 22, 23, 24 (6 Teams)
    League Start Week: Week 1 (Tuesday, October 26)
    Roster Changes: Daily - Today

Note: With the new addition to Yahoo! fantasy basketball, players are now allowed to update their rosters and see the change on the day of the update.

Draft Type

PICK ONE OF THE TWO!

Live Online Draft
    A live online draft that may last several hours and requires a Flash-enabled browser. Test your system to see if it is draft compatible.

Autopick Draft
    A draft where players will be drafted based Yahoo! default rankings or a manager's pre-ranking of players. Once draft status is set to Ready, the results will be posted by the following day.

Positions and Roster Size
    Point Guard (PG) -- 1
    Shooting Guard (SG) -- 1
    Guard (G) -- 1
    Small Forward (SF) -- 1
    Power Forward (PF) -- 1
    Forward (F) -- 1
    Center (C) -- 1
    Utility (Util) -- 3
    Bench (BN) -- 3

Note: Per requests, I have reduced the C position to 1 and added 1 extra position to Util.

Stat Categories
    1. Field Goal Percentage
    2. Free Throw Percentage
    3. 3-Point Shots Made
    4. Points Scored
    5. Total Rebounds
    6. Assists
    7. Steals
    8. Blocked Shots
    9. Turnovers

Note: Categories this season will remain the same as last unless the majority of participants agree for a change, but until then stat categories will be based on Yahoo's default head-to-head settings.

LIVE DRAFT DETAILS - PLEASE READ BEFORE DRAFT

Please arrive 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled time as the draft will start promptly and may go rapidly if only a few managers are logged in.

Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, it may take up to five minutes for the draft applet to load into your browser. If you use AOL as your ISP or access the Web from behind a firewall (ask your system administrator), you may be unable to participate in a live draft.

During the draft, you'll see a number of indicators when it is your turn to draft. Your team name will appear in the yellow box in the upper left corner of the screen, your team icon will turn yellow, and the player selection box will turn yellow.

To draft a player:
    1. Go to your league page and select "Enter Live Draft."
    2. Select a name from the list on the left side of the screen.
    3. When the chosen name appears in the draft box, click the "Draft" button.

You have 90 seconds to select a player. Once you click the "Draft" button, you cannot undraft a player, even if there is time left in your allotted 90-second selection period.

If you do not draft within the allotted time, the computer will automatically give you a player based on your queued list, pre-draft rankings, or our Autopick Draft default ratings, in that priority order.

Custom Pre-Draft Player Rankings
    If you won't be present for the entire draft, go to your team page and custom-rank players. Your custom rankings will be used if you can't make a selection at any time during the live draft. If you choose not to rank players, our default ratings will be used when you can't make a selection. (See Autopick Draft Details for more information.)

All of your custom rankings will be viewable by changing the sort criteria (which can be found in the pulldown box) from Yahoo! Rankings to My Pre-Draft Rankings.

Draft Queue
    You can also set up a draft queue for yourself. This list of players, which supersedes both custom and default rankings, will be used to make a selection if you do not draft a player during your allotted 90 seconds.

To add a player to your queue list, select a name from the list on the left side of the screen. The chosen name will appear in the draft box and the player will be added to your queue when you click on the "Add to Queue" button.

Autopick Draft Default
    To see which player Yahoo! Sports would recommend based on our default rankings, click on the "Suggest button." The player's name will appear in the draft box. Click on the "Draft" button to select that player.
    If you aren't able to select a player during the draft and you didn't make a Queue List or custom-rank players, the Yahoo! default ratings will be used to make the selection. (See Autopick Draft Details for more information.)

Extra Features
    During the draft, you can view any team's roster by selecting the team name from the Drafted Players pulldown box. A list of how many players have been drafted at each position will appear in a column to the right of the roster.
    To chat with other managers during the draft, type your message in the entry box and hit "Send." All messages will appear in the chat box. Draft choices will also be shown here.

Complete Live Draft
    When the draft is complete, you will see a message telling you the draft is over. Click the "OK" button to quit and close the applet. To see the complete draft results, go to your league page and select "Draft Results." All of the selected players will be listed under the name of the team that drafted them. If there are any discrepancies, be sure to send us feedback.

#1 Dav, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Username: supahdav
    Timezone: PST (GMT-8:00)
    Preferred Method of Drafting: Live Online
    Preferred Draft Date and Time: Flexible

#2 Dav, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  3. Physica

Physica Well-Known Member

ok i don't understand anything when you speak of timezone PST....
    but what i gonna do is i live in the timezone of (GMT +2.00) and what i like is on an time of 22:00

Username: Physica
    Timezone: (GMT +2)
    Preferred Draft Date and Time: Saturday, September 11/18 @ 22:00

4. Physica

o i just found out i'm in the time zone of CET...

if can use 1 timezone or if someone can translate the timezone that would be the best...

5. shinobi
    GMT -5 (EST)
    Live Draft
    weekdays 10pm EST

6. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

bump and i'm actually up for any date/time for the draft.

7. Physica

me 2 but i don't like the feeling of getting up at around 4:30 again in the morining :p it pretty difficult...

8. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Good work Dav

9. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

Username: burpyierz
    Timezone: Paris (GMT+1:00)
    Preferred Draft Date and Time: Saturday, September 11/18 @ 9:00PM PST so it should be 6:00 AM for me

10. psyduck215

psyduck215 Well-Known Member

Username: psyduck215
    Timezone: EST
    Preferred Draft Date and Time: @ night like 6-8

11. man, fantasy basketball.... lol im in a fantasy football league.... should have started one on PA

12. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

i did ask. no one wanted to =\

13. Espresso

Espresso
    LIVE

I disagree a lot on your category and roster. You are making it very heavy biased on guards and you are not creating strategy..

I propose:

Point Guard (PG) -- 1
    Shooting Guard (SG) -- 1
    Guard (G) -- 1
    Small Forward (SF) -- 1
    Power Forward (PF) -- 1
    Forward (F) -- 1
    Center (C) -- 1
    Utility (Util) -- 3
    Bench (BN) -- 2

Stat Categories
    1. Field Goal Percentage
    2. Free Throw Percentage
    3. 3-Point Shots Made
    4. Points Scored
    5. Total Rebounds
    6. Assists
    7. Steals
    8. Blocked Shots
    9. Turnovers
    10. Assist/Turnover Ratio
    11.Minutes Played
    12.3 Point Made
    13.FT Made
    14.FG Made

This will create a very broad, diverse and strategy driven stat. Think about it and I hope you can consider it. % is nothing w/o relativity. The trump for assist/turnover would be minutes played.

The rest (MADE CATEGORIES) put the % in light.

14. Physica

Stat Categories
    1. Field Goal Percentage
    2. Free Throw Percentage
    3. 3-Point Shots Made
    4. Points Scored
    5. Total Rebounds
    6. Assists
    7. Steals
    8. Blocked Shots
    9. Turnovers
    10. Assist/Turnover Ratio
    11.FG made

make 11 cato like this one and the rest i agree

15. imket

imket Active Member

Username: imket
    Timezone: UTC/GMT +10 hours
    Preferred Draft Date and Time: NOT during 2am - 10pm (sleep =P )

16. imket

imket Active Member

like adding minutes played. is it really needed for assists/TO ratio, when we have both already?
    i personally dont like ratios =P

17. Physica

but because of the ratio thingie it is more challenging...

18. qazqazqaz8

qazqazqaz8 Active Member

the champ is here!!!

Username: qazqazqaz8
    Timezone: PST (GMT-8:00)
    Preferred Draft Date and Time:

19. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

bench size is 3 by yahoo's default settings.

for this season, categories will remain the same as last unless more than half of the participants want a change in the scoring categories. if that becomes the case, then a change will be made. sorry to those that wanted changes in the categories but unless common ground is established, i will stick to yahoo's default head-to-head settings.

20. Espresso

PUT A CHANGE in the scoring. why not?

we already see the static scoring possibliities..

if u dont change the roster. at least add MORE categories.... pick ones that make sense.