2010-11 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by shinobi, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

Actually... yeah... the season stats did predict Lakers dropping out of the playoffs... maybe not necessarily SWEPT by the Mavs... but losing to the Mavs was a big possibility... they just didn't play well at all against any of the contenders, and you could see the team falling apart the last month or so of the season...

Same game LBJ was out, Noah was out... and honestly, Bibby is pretty close to a non-factor in terms of matching up against the Bulls... sorry, but this game is about match ups, and the Heat just can't... they have no frontline... Bosh can't possibly get into his game with Boozer and Noah... you could move LBJ to the 4 and Bosh at the 5... but even then, there wouldn't be a mismatch... Deng can rotate to help stop LBJ (hell, Deng can play good enough d to slow down LBJ himself), Brewer can then rotate to stop Miller/Jones/Chalmers/etc... and Rose can sit on and atleast slow down Flash...

Think about what ya'll are saying about the big 3... even in 2008, the Celtics didn't win because of 3 ppl... it's cuz their team had heart and played a damn cohesive defensive game led by KG... that, AND Rondo actually IS a factor... so it was more like the Big 3.5... We all talk about the "Big 3" when we talk about the Celtics in 2008... but it was a fcking TEAM that won that, and it was a pretty deep team at that defensively... the Heat are no where as close... the Heat really are just about 3 players... and it's 3 players that does NOT play as good of D as did Allen, Pierce and KG in '08...

OH... and incase you guys didn't notice... MVP went 30/10 against the Hawks the ENTIRE series... Boozer woke up... Noah is LOVING the chance to play against the Heat... and I'm just waiting for Asik to make Bosh cry again...

2. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

in term of matchup, Bulls are way better yea
    Noah will be alone inside and they can replace him with Kurt Thomas, he was ok when Noah was out, Boozer is a bit like Bosh, non existant but sometimes wakes up (Boozer woke up in game 6 and was monster) and at the same spot they got Taj Gibson, he has been good in this playoff
    Deng is doing a terrific job, he sometimes miss a lot but he is a really good defender, his job will be to slow Lebron
    they dont even need to put Rose against Wade because they got Bogans, his job is only defensive, Bulls rotates Bogans, Brewer and Korver to defend the SG, they can afford to foul on Wade
    If Miami stick to a classic PG SG SF PF C, their PG is no match for Rose and Watson, when Rose was out during the regular season, Watson proved he can score
    Bulls is about defense and rebound !

3. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

well... i can't say that Bogans on Wade will work... I'm pretty sure Wade will torch Bogans and Korver... Brewer will slow him down a bit, but Flash will get his cuz he's that damn good... end of the day, this is his team afterall... I'm almost certain Wade v. Rose will happen the entire series, Rose is quicker, but Flash is probably the better overall player... I have no illusions about that =/

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

well, talking and arguing about who's more logical and who's not will not make anyone right. The result does; anything can happen in the playoffs this year. This year, almost all the top seeded team were knock out. I also notices that the referees were either blind or more bias than any other times during the mavs vs lakers game....dunno if anyone else does.

As much as i hate the heats, i think they'll win....that's my opinion. But we'll see soon enough.

5. someone on ABC said no team has lost a series when sweeping the regular season series (3-0) favor to the bulls....not sure if i heard wrong -lol
    but we will find out tonight!

6. HEET!

no team has had lebron/wade/bosh!

7. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

end of 3rd... 9 point game... just sayin

I think Taj Gibson's putback dunk just summed up the game... hustle, rebound, DEFENSE...

#367 Aoes, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  8. good D by the bulls....but heat will bounce back!

9. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

just keep watching this everytime you think that... ;)

[video=youtube;oQTlYUTt844]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oQTlYUTt844[/video]

10. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It was a pretty good game, some monster put backs/dunks...

11. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

Just to make sure everyone finally understands why Miami not having a front court is a bad thing...

Boozer:
    [video=youtube;b8Sr8yp_C_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Sr8yp_C_Y&feature=related[/video]

Asik:
    [video=youtube;IqsfD8P-fIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqsfD8P-fIs&feature=related[/video]

Brewer:
    [video=youtube;ajKOxtQlRLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajKOxtQlRLM&feature=related[/video]

Gibson, again in for those like me who watched it 20times:
    [video=youtube;tOOeMg7eqYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOOeMg7eqYM[/video]

Noah, since Miami's front court is so weak, lets put a big on Flash!:
    [video=youtube;XqV9uWWOMiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqV9uWWOMiw&feature=related[/video]

12. i look at it like this pacers took two games from the bulls ...heats are 10 times better than that team. game 1 was just one of those games where bulls good heats were bad. not saying heat will win but its not gonna be a dominate series for the bulls. :)

13. gooky

gooky New Member

OKC vs Chi-Town woot WOot

14. Udonis Haslem mirrored Taj's performance in game 1
    game 2 to the heats! they seem to play better in Miami.

15. ao_xxx

ao_xxx Well-Known Member

in game 2 the Heat's udonis haslem really boosted their bench. I think the Bulls were not ready for his play as he hasn't played much. I think the Bulls will be ready for udonis haslem in game 3.

16. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Expected Miami's pure talent level to take a game in Chicago, but I still think this series is going to 6 in favour of the Bulls. Their depth and defense is just too good and will suffocate Miami as we saw in game 1.

As for the Mavs/Thunder, nice win for OKC and the bearded man (Harden) who played amazing this game.

17. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

dirk nowitzki is a man on a mission. mavs over heats in finals!

18. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I was excited for the possibility of seeing the 2 young up and coming teams to duke it out in the finals, but it's turning out like it was expected to. Mavs are winning through experience and exploiting OKC's inability to finish off games and lack of veteran leadership. Not to mention Dirk is playing like a MVP and beyond these playoffs. The man cannot be stopped!

19. heat may not stop dirk but how do they stop the big 3 of heat? lol im not sold on mavs being Defensive team they weren't one until the playoffs began -lol