2009-2010 Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by Dav, Sep 20, 2009.

1. i didnt mind last years categories either.

2. Physica

Physica Well-Known Member

i don't mind don't have any reall preference only that you guys need to reserve a spot for me :D for old time sake (lol) :D
    My only preference is to do it somewhat earlier or later don't mind too stand up araund 5 in the morning but prefer another time :D

But for the rest i will follow this forum 2 see in when it starts :D

3. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

u forgot rebounds, there was 9 categories, i remember all those 5 - 4 scores :x
    9 categories, just like last season is alright
    the only thing i would like to change is the second "C" for an "Utilities" just like ESPN
    and please dont increase bench size because last year it was already so hard to find a decent player every week, with an increased bench size, you wont see any pick ups and waiver, only trades between players ......

4. Physica

hmmm maybe even decrease the bench size :D

5. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I agree with the 2 starting centers. I rather only have 1. It's hard enough to find good centers, not to mention they are the most injury prone players <_<

6. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

do u know not realize how repetitive the spreads where because of this?

Because of the way the games are played and nature of the stats, the outcome were exactly how you portrayed it to be.

Now if you had more categories that would be breakers. Maybe oboards, fouls or something.

7. burpyierz

there isnt any other categories u could really add
    fouls is not a really good categories because when a game is close between 2 teams and near the end of 4th quarter, teams use fouls to stop the clock
    if u want to add more categories, it must be 2 in order to have 11 categories, to have 6 - 5, so there is a winner but at the same time with 11 categories, if u ever lose 11 - 0, its like impossible to come back, the gap is huge

8. Physica

i don't think anyone would lose with that large of a margin...

Maybe missed freethrow or freethrow%

9. Espresso

It is all perspective. I see it as a strategy, in that certain guys might perform well but

They are there to create more spread. I just feel like a change over from the previous year is good.

10. Physica

i have a strategie in my mind already but let gather the old group around first to play :D

i'm ready... have made up my list already :D

11. burpyierz

First pick Jeremy Lin ? :p

12. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

bump so that some people will hopefully put in some votes. i've decided set the deadline for voting to next sunday, 9/5/10.

#452 Dav, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  13. burpyierz

does ESPN have Turn Over categorie ?

14. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Ya it does. It has all of them lol. I just find ESPN's layout more simple too. Also I won't have to manage 2 leagues in 2 different sites. haha. ;)

If you want I could take some screen shots of my league from last year lol

@More categories, I don't think you can add anything else. FTM and Fouls would be much more dependent on game situations then compared to the other stats. And let's be honest with ourselves here, only a select group of players would be of any use in the O-Board category. I wouldn't be surprised if only 1 person won that category for the whole season.

Also, if you would all pass on CP3 during draft night then I would be very thankful :)

15. Paranoidandroid

Paranoidandroid Well-Known Member

16. psyduck215

psyduck215 Well-Known Member

Yahoo, never played on ESPN before.

17. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

bump.

5 days left for voting. get your preferences in people!

18. Physica

my preference is that we start the game but need to know who are playing :D

19. Espresso

i dont get what the issue is w/ putting more categories.. jeez.. i think its better and makes more sense. u draft big gusy. u are prone to foul trouble..

20. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

bump.

1 day left for voting. one step closer to organizing the league.