2007-08 NBA Season

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by shinobi, Oct 7, 2007.

?

Who will win the 2008 NBA Championship?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2008.
  1. Boston Celtics

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Los Angeles Lakers

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. son of a bleep boston won..... ah well they gonna rape kobe which is a plus!

2. Physica

Physica Well-Known Member

i don't think spurs will trade their big three even that ginobli preformed like ...... in the playoffs vs lakers but ok.
    but ok i hope that celtics wins KG deserves it

3. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

wow Celtics vs Lakers again xD

21 long years man, but i disagree with many people here, maybe we might defeat LA within 4-5 games if it was before the Pau Gasol trade, but now they acquired Pau, totally different story, that guy is good, Lamar Odom, pshhh that guy has no sportmanship at all, lost to the celtics in early of the year by like 20 and then that flagrant foul on Allen.

I think Kobe and Pau is gonna be a problem, i mean back then we could just simply double team kobe, but that just leaves Gasol =/

o well, GO CELTICS

4. seiko2003

seiko2003 Member

Celtics will turn Kobe Bryant into Kobe Beef...Go Boston Celtics.

5. uryu

uryu Well-Known Member

pau / kobe / odom aren't the only ones on lakers. a good part of lakers success is the growth of radmanovic, walton, farmar, and turiaf. walton and radmanovic really opens up the lane for the triangle offense w/ their passing and 3pters, while farmar/turiaf are key defenders to give fisher/odom/pau some rests

fisher has also been guarding a.i., deron williams, and parker.. he deserves all the credit in the world for laker's defense

anyways, if you look @ the matchups, the big "3" wise, kobe > ray, pau > perkins, kg > odom 2-1 favor lakers, but i believe perkins/ray contributes more then what the "match ups" looks like stats-wise, that's why celtics stand a good of a chance w/ home court cepally as the pervious rounds.

6. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i think boston is gonna lose. based on the games they played (for instance, cavaliers), they dont stand a chance against the lakers. they had trouble while playing wit the cavs and dealing wit lebron james. And lakers.........they gonna have alot fo trouble dealing wit kobe especially since kobe is....... .well.......kobe. he's much more experience than LJ and he's a much better player than LJ. the lakers also have other players that could basically wash the boston not to mention (i hate to admit it) they washed spurs 4-1 (i expected the spurs could last until game 7). but i want the boston to win just because the lakers destroy the spurs.

but this is jsut my thought. im sure there's full of surprises.

7. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

why would u match perkins -.-;... ur forgetting "The Truth" in that equation... that will be a potential problem... the other problem is, there's no way Pau can guard KG by himself... it's painfully apparent since he couldn't stop Duncan either...

8. Physica

how much i despite lakers i think lakers really will win this year because they begin strong in the playoffs and kobe is playing a steady game.

9. uryu

uryu Well-Known Member

ur right, hahaha pp should be in there, but im just matching position wise, pp > uhh whoever is in his position haha

10. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

o well, we'll see on thursday :p

its gonna be a hell of a series

11. Physica

i do think you give to less credit to the other guy from celtics....
    They have paul pierce and he owns the court vs Radmanovic.
    so you have only tell the big three of lakers and not even include Paul pierce.
    + @ the guards position their is fisher vs rondo what is i think equaly with each other

12. Physica

i think you forget @ the lakers vs spurs game Ginobli didn't really contribut as much as he normally does.
    But then if Ginobli did i think that would be another story

13. its lakers fans vs everyone else! celtics FTW! and if lakers are going to make it to finals again next year i hope boston whoops their ass again =P

14. since the series is pretty much up in the air...i added a poll to the thread... vote for which team you think/want to win the championship!

15. uryu

uryu Well-Known Member

3 more wins!

16. skywalka

skywalka Well-Known Member

17. iag25

iag25 New Member

I hope boston celtics win !! but L.A. Lakers looks better. Add Oil Celtics

18. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

hate lakers ... don't know anything about celtics. and i didn't even watch the game last night. just not excited about either team.

19. doraemoniki

doraemoniki Member

Go Celtics!!! Celtic rocks this year!!! It's gonna be a good game in the final

20. .IDK

.IDK Member

celtics all the way :D

heh my friends this huge kobe/lakers fan

imo, celtics in 6