2 HOT CHICKS on Religion!

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by CrazyMoFo, Oct 18, 2013.

1. warriorsage

warriorsage Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;qj_i7YqDwJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_i7YqDwJA[/video]

the video explain some

the relevance in real life is not to be ignored as such, there is something else

2. I dunno about hot.. but was pretty funny.. lol. I can see some people would get really offended over that..

3. Brumby

Brumby Well-Known Member

I am not sure whether in the link you have provided you are advocating Buddhism or continuing on the idea of illusion and reality. Since your original post is on the latter I will assume that is the case. The video talks of particles and waves and the reality is that when sitting on a chair one is not actually supported by a chair as it is just an illusion but rather one is supported by waves and particles which is the reality. There are two problems I think you need to address. The first is a philosophical question. If the chair is not the reality how do you know that waves and particles are actually the reality and not another illusion? Secondly, at a practical level, either I have a chair to sit or not. If the standard of judgment is based on particles and waves, how do you actually operate in the real world or the illusory world as you would like to call it.

4. warriorsage

i can't write my own words, so i copy and paste again from a book
    the only words i can write is the final conclusion = "consciousness is the only reality"
    or as that Albert Einstein's quote in the above video " There is no place in this new kind of physics both for the Field and Matter, for the Field is the only Reality" or in here too http://www.starstuffs.com/physcon/science.html ,

there is a video that you might want to watch.
    [video=youtube;HiAj7S6ko9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiAj7S6ko9Q[/video]

but this 'particles and waves' is only quantum reality
    there are 3 realities:

"Material reality, the world of objects and events
    Quantum reality, a transition zone where energy turns into matter
    Virtual reality, the place beyond time and space, the origin of the universe"

"The power of creation--whatever it turns out to be--lies even beyond energy, a force with the ability to turn gaseous clouds of dust into stars and eventually into DNA. In the terminology of physics, we refer to this pre-quantum level as virtual. When you go beyond all energy, there is nothing, a void. Visible light becomes virtual light; real space becomes virtual space; real time becomes virtual time. In the process, all properties vanish. Light no longer shines, space covers no distance, time is eternal. This is the womb of creation, infinitely dynamic and alive. Words like empty, dark, and cold do not apply to it. The virtual domain is so inconceivable that only religious language seems to touch it at all. "

"Virtual domain = the field of spirit
    Quantum domain = the field of mind
    Material reality = the field of physical existence"

VIRTUAL DOMAIN = SPIRIT
    No energy - No time - Unbounded--every point in space is every other point - Wholeness exists at every point
    Infinite silence - Infinite dynamism - Infinitely correlated - Infinite organizing power - Infinite creative potential
    Eternal Unmeasurable Immortal, beyond birth and death Acausal

QUANTUM DOMAIN = MIND
    Creation manifests. Energy exists. Time begins. Space expands from its source. Events are uncertain. Waves and particles alternate with one another. Only probabilities can be measured. Cause and effect are fluid. Birth and death occur at the speed of light. Information is embedded in energy.

MATERIAL REALITY = VISIBLE UNIVERSE
    Events are definite. Objects have firm boundaries. Matter dominates over energy. Three-dimensional Knowable by the five senses Time flows in a straight line. Changeable Subject to decay Organisms are born and die. Predictable Cause and effect are fixed."

"Material
    ---------- QUANTUM ----------
    Virtual

Reality is constantly flowing from the virtual level to the quantum to the material."

ok, what's that got to do with practical life?
    copy and paste
    "1. A person thinks that only material existence is real and thus becomes totally ignorant of the source, which is quantum and virtual. He accepts the illusion of time and space. When this happens, contact with the source is lost. The voice of the soul begins to grow fainter and fainter.
    2. Drifting in separation, the person seeks desperately for something to cling to. Life cannot abide Being without a foundation; therefore the mind creates an entity known as the ego. This "I" is the same as the personality. It is constructed from all kinds of experiences, and as these become all-important, the "I" and its needs have to be defended at all costs.
    3. The ego has many needs, and so it begins to value the fulfillment of those needs. The whole world becomes a means to make the ego stronger, more important, and more secure. To that end, it pulls all kinds of objects toward itself: food, shelter, clothing, money, etc.
    4. For a time this strategy seems to work. Although it never becomes truly secure, the ego finds that life can be filled up by acquiring more and more. No one can gain complete control over the environment, however; therefore the ego has to spend a great deal of time avoiding pain and danger. As attractive as certain things are, others are equally repulsive.
    5. Caught in a whirlwind of seeking pleasure and avoiding pain, the person achieves many goals. The years pass, and separation does not even seem to be a problem anymore. However, there is an end to all this acquiring, all this experience for the sake of experience. Over it all looms the certainty that life will end. Fear of death becomes a source of suffering because death is the undeniable reminder that the ego's strategy for survival never solved the original problem--ignorance about how things really work.
    ""

pasting bits of pieces of quotes doesn't do much good, isn't it, lol. Incomplete introduction trailer. IF you interested to know where did i get that quotes from, i guess can PM me, coz i don't have intention to promote the book

5. warriorsage

[video=youtube;A9tKncAdlHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9tKncAdlHQ[/video]

this video is funny at the end

6. Brumby

Brumby Well-Known Member

One is entitled to make statements regarding one's worldview. The test is on the basis, reasonableness and coherency of the case being presented. For example, regarding the Virtual domain which is being posited, what is the metaphysical or theological basis of making those claims? As it is often quoted "the proof is in the pudding".

7. warriorsage

you mean you want some quotes from the metaphysical / theological scriptures quotes of the 'virtual domain' ?

i just google it myself today, try google 'unified field bible' , 'unified field rag veda' , 'unified field buddhism' for example

8. Brumby

Brumby Well-Known Member

Those statement of claims regarding a particular world view is either true or false. It they are true, the claims will carry truth values in which the defence of those claims will be made. Based on your different responses through copy and paste and links, I don't think you are in a position to make a defence of the world view in which you have shared. That is alright. I will not ask further.

9. warriorsage

as i said before previously / beginning of this thread, i am not in position of authority, nor have a desire to make up my own words (since i am not inclined to be a writer) and nor have the word skills, or the desire to convince and change others into my world view, and to repeat what others wrote already in my own words because all the informations are already out there. I can't summarize the whole books in just few paragraphs without missing a lot more informations.

The only proof, is my own experiences based on those claims for my own growth, until then any writing from others also just a theory or a map. I will only understand until i reach certain level in the described map, not just intellectually, but experience it directly, and i will not understand the further one until i reached there although it is written down as well. The only thing, i can say, there is always a 'further', for anyone wish to explore.
    I think it is all depending on people's different unique deepest desires / path / situations and all perfectly fine.

10. Brumby

Brumby Well-Known Member

The first post that you made on this thread that you made starts with this statement "The Christian logic are flawed". This is a very strong criticism regarding a particular worldview, but nevertheless you are entitled to express it. You then in several subsequent posts tried to expound a different worldview and which of course you are entitled to do as well. However when you expressed certain opinions and stake certain positions you had better be prepared to defend them. This is simply a case of being accountable and responsible for your actions. This is no different in a debate of ideas when someone stands in a square and calls out another worldview as moronic and then pontificate another worldview but when challenged to defend it starts to give all kinds of reason for not stepping up to it. This is a failure to take responsibility.

11. This is the quintessential characteristic of the majority of humanity. But I agree with your post wholeheartedly.

12. warriorsage

flawed just means " A defect or shortcoming" (from an online dictionary i just googled) , it does not means wrong, moronic, unacceptable and must be changed to have such worldviews. And I pointed out there are other 'world views'

For defending my world views, this forum is not the place to do that, and there are other authors who are better in explaining them, not in the brief paragraphs or two, but whole books, i personally won't understand if given a few paragraphs, i've been in other 'world views' and it takes a lot of exploring, time, convincing / reading / listening over and over again, drastic life experiences and real life direct experiences to shift my perceptions. Not even the past me / other people / other authors can convince me to change it unless i am ready at the right time. So defending or trying to convince others of one's world of views are thankless and pointless tasks.

In my own experiences and observing other people, whatever books / teachings / world views / people they met, life experiences that are attracted to them, are exactly what they need to experience right now, no more no less. So again, no point to convince and defence my own opinions. I am willing to change opinions as it doesn't no more fit and flawed. Unless something drastic happens in my / people's lives or following one's inner guidances, their worldviews in my opinions are basically will stay the same and totally nothing wrong with that, and perfectly fine / okay / as it supposed to be.