1997 prelude

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by haichun, Feb 17, 2009.

1. haichun

haichun Member

I just got a 97 honda prelude SH, I want to put some upgrade on the car, but don;t have any ideas right now......

2. lower + rims. ez.

3. ralliart

ralliart Well-Known Member

Well, depends what you wanna do with the car.

You can do the basic bolt on's, I/H/E, and what dann said earlier. Also, if your looking into buying headers, make sure its or the SH, even though the Sh and Non Sh has the same block and head, I'm not sure why the headers aren't they same. Somethings probably in the way which makes the bends different.

We can't really start naming everything to do to the car. You kind of have to tell what your looking for. I don't even know where to start for a Prelude, you can change everything and anything on it just like a civic.

I'm not sure if the SH came with a factory lip kit, but you should check out what they have for it. I know Wings West makes one for the 5th Gen Preludes

4. lower, rimz, brakes, suspension, exhaust, tints on the back (uk), ICE, Garage

5. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

the blocks for the base and SH models are not the same, the internals are, but the block isn't... it's the same reason why u can't do a direct tranny swap...

6. ralliart

ohhhh, Thats why my exhaust manifold from my Euro R H22a worked on his prelude. Appreantly he did the same swap on his prelude and just never told me he got the Euro R H22a instead of the H22 with ATTS.>.<

Upon further readingit seems that the sh transmission will bolt up to the JDM H22A just fine the problem is that the intermediate shaft will not go in deep enough into the tranny and it won't engage so it won't work. so getting a base model tranny is mandatory. The ATTS unit won't mount to the JDM H22A block either for several reasons, the sensors are in the way, oil filter is in different place, and the bolt pattern just doesn't fit.

Atts is a pain swap over

7. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

a turbo? -lol
    jk
    lower+rims+exhaust+intake+headers will do?

8. haichun

haichun Member

I want some rims, I don;t think I;m goin to the lower the car b/c stock is lower enough, I'm goin to the change the head light and tail light, I got Apex intake, exhaust and header. but I don;t know what brand is good for prelude sh. I think my limit is round 1G I don;t know is that enought for most of the parts.

9. ralliart

I got my Apexi WS2 for $540 Cad. If you can find a used one then that's great. Their also the Apexi N1 which is a lot louder then the WS2. Unless you plan of just getting a muffler alone only, because the exhaust system will run you half your budget.

10. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

OOO and SH prelude, wish i was that balla.

imo you should save up your money for a giant wing spoiler and a bodykit that makes your car look like a whale shark. Then paint it doo doo brown with an orangy tint.

You'll be pickin up babes galore.

11. Ragnarok043

Ragnarok043 Well-Known Member

i think the first thing you should do is rip out the back seats, theyre basically useless nobody with legs can fit back their.

actually i think the JDM fog lamps looks nice on the 5th gen. but if your looking for power upgrade and have a nice chunk of change to spend, go for the Jackson Racing super charger. you could probably find a used pretty cheap too.

12. haichun

haichun Member

I want to know any good brand name after market parts?? for everyday use??

13. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

It isn't much of a racer to start with so no need for some Ohlins mad stiff coilovers or to rip out those rear seats.

A simple drop, a Mugen lip, a set of Mugen rims, and a nice Apex'i exhaust will do.

The Lude is one heavy FF. If you had a Civic, then yes, go all out on the weight saving. But at the end of the day, there is so much a FF can handle.

14. reno

reno Well-Known Member

JDM style ftw!!
    some phat offset and crazy camber!
    heheheh

always fun~
    may not be practical... but hey... great looks and attention =)

i want my emotions >.<
    but they're not on sale... at 2.5k + shipping for rims only
    y can't i win the jackpot =(

15. ralliart

Be Mad JDM and buy them at full price, lol. -rolleyes

16. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

what? Emotions?

TE37's used. they are pretty cheap in Japan.
    Cheap Yahoo Auctions Japan.

lol@ thread hijack

17. haichun

haichun Member

I;m thinkin about getting the Konig after burn rims. I think I'm getting 19's on the car.

18. Jose Lopez

Jose Lopez Member

please don't rice out your car.... PLZ!

19. d15z1sux

d15z1sux Well-Known Member

get some coilovers, some lightweight 16s or 17s, decent tyres, exhaust, intake.

20. giga

giga Well-Known Member

well it depends are what are you trying to do with the car are you going for looks or power or comfort?