WINDOWS 10

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by [N], Sep 30, 2014.

1. yea they're not going to release anything for the AMD drivers for your sony notebook. When I went from win7 to win 8.1 I lost the speed/stamina switch as well... no major biggy for me, so I don't expect they'll release anything for it for win 10

2. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Whether you'd upgraded or starting to and like to do a CLEAN install, here's a post on how to do it. :clap2::clap2:

3. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

• Like Like x 1
  4. up and running without issues now... lol

ui is nice , geting into it fully a bit later .. so far so good (Y)

5. StephyLee

StephyLee Active Member

On my tablet, I can't get the on screen keyboard to show up when I select a text box.

6. I thought you use swipe action from left to right to bring virtual keyboard up?

7. runtohell121

Normally on a tablet, there should be a little keyboard icon on the taskbar to bring up the keyboard.

8. StephyLee

StephyLee Active Member

Sweeping left to right gives me the list of all active programs on the screen.

9. runtohell121

10. StephyLee

StephyLee Active Member

I don't see one.

Attached Files:

11. this is a stupid question.. but do you have to enable 'tablet mode' (even though you're using it via a tablet) to get that keyboard to show when you touch a textbox?

12. StephyLee

StephyLee Active Member

Yes, it's in tablet mode. The keyboard doesn't seem to show up only when I use Firefox. :p

13. lol StephyLee that's probs a firefox issue then hahaha :lol:

14. StephyLee

StephyLee Active Member

I think I'm going to downgrade mine. It's really laggy on my tablet. Maybe it's because it's running on 1gb of ram.

15. what's your tablet res?

this illustrates min specs:
    [​IMG]

16. runtohell121

H! isn't that for Windows Mobile OS, as in phone OS?

Windows 10 suppose to run smoother than Windows 8.1. Maybe it's missing drivers and the OS haven't been fully optimized yet, or updates are running, etc.

17. StephyLee

StephyLee Active Member

OMG, I changed my tablet to desktop mode and its so much easier to view and select everything using the desktop layout.
    It doesnt lag anymore, but I'm still finding ways to speed up my tablet!!! Also, I see the keyboard icon now in desktop mode.

It's a 7inch tablet using 1280x800 resolution.

18. runtohell121

lol quite surprise that desktop mode is better..

19. nikkyh

nikkyh Well-Known Member

Windows 7 is all you need if you prefer the classic Start Menu and windows feel.

Windows 10 by default is too invasive...free upgrade from 8.1 at the cost of your privacy.

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yep, not really like the auto-forced windows update. I usually have that shit disabled in all previous Windows.

I didn't try Windows 8 cause that wasn't a good OS for desktop, but I thought it's a good idea to start building my knowledge with 10, which could be the OS in a few years.