What's the nicest way to say no?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by babytenshi, May 6, 2007.

1. babytenshi

babytenshi Member

There's this guy who's tryin to ask out my friend, but she doesn't know how to reject him. What's the nicest way to say no to someone who asks you out and not hurt their feelings?

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

say u like some1 else......not ur type

3. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

a) say that u got a bf somewhere
    b) parents dun let u go out dating
    c) no time ... gotta study, go for piano lessons, swimmin lessons, tuition, etc. if working then gotta work late; tonnes to do.
    d) confide in him that u think this guy (A) is hot and u r mad abt A and wishes A is ur bf.
    e) tell him ur future plans etc and mention that u don't want to haf a bf at the time being, want to concentrate on studies/career etc.
    f) tell him the truth! No feel = no feel.

4. sharingan3988

sharingan3988 New Member

well... i think she should b straight up n tell him da truth so he wun hang on to any other thoughts... n i doubt there is any of other ways of saying no w.o hurting one's feeling...

5. BabyRain

^Yes there is... see post #3 :D

6. misenlai

misenlai Well-Known Member

"c) no time ... gotta study, go for piano lessons, swimmin lessons, tuition, etc. if working then gotta work late; tonnes to do."

that one is sort of BS.. they will pissed them off.

7. BabyRain

^It's not BS. It's an excuse. She asked for the nicest way to say no.
    So a bright guy would know that the gal is not interested in him since she's giving so many excuses... duh.

8. misenlai

well how about being honest with him then. If i'm the guy i hate girl giving me excuse.

9. BabyRain

^ You hate it doesn't mean the rest of the guys hate it.
    It's a matter of preference...
    Let's say u ask me out, but u nvr tell me that u like me or wat. So how am I going to tell u that i am not interested in u? If i say,"sorry i am not interested in going out with u" that's gonna be hurtful and embarrassing to some guys... but if i say, "sorry i am busy... i gotta blablabla" then the guy's ego is sort of saved ie save face.

10. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

But in some situation I think it is better to hurt the guy...some guys are just plain stubborn and won't accept no as an answer. That happen to a friend of mine, she has a bf already and this other guy wouldn't stop smsing her and try to ask her out and stuff, even after saying no to him.

11. misenlai

exactly, guy like that is annoying.

12. BabyRain

That's why i gave a couple of suggestions and not just one... :p She asked for the NICEST way anyway...

13. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

a) is good

b) is bull, i find this equivalent to saying 'you're not worth sneaking around my parents for'.

c) unless you work full time + school, you have time for a man. guys only require roughly 30 minutes of night.

d) lol funny one, and it would probably work

e) more bs, but if he knows that you are actually super committed to your future then it might work

f) the truth is always best. I hate beating around the bush... i hate bush in general actually :p

14. ^ LOL 30 minutes of the night hahahaha

15. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

what if the guy was the girl's boyfriend before, and they broke up three years ago(not face to face), they have never contacted each other in the 3 years, now they met again after 3 years and the guy thought there's hope to reconcile but the girl has no intention what so ever? the girl doesn't know how to reject him and the guy keep pestering her....

16. casshern

casshern Well-Known Member

My parents don't let me date because I'm a girl.
    I can't go out, except during the Summer.
    My brother doesn't let me date because he likes me.

17. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

gd comments hoho...

18. WTF!??! the first two is legit but the last one... wtf?!?! XD

19. BabyRain

SMS?!?-shoot

20. the nicest way to say no... i just have an idea... go watch art of seduction korean movie lol