Spending to much time with your bf/gf?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by smallrinilady, Mar 9, 2007.

?

how do you schedule time to spend with your bf/gf

1. use some of your normal alone time to spend with your gf/bf

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. use some of your normal (with friends time) to spend with your gf/bf

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. find your gf/bf only when you are bored

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. spend as much time with your gf/bf as possible

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
  1. searchooo

searchooo Member

no, wen u get to the stage wer u love ure gf or bf so much then u fink all the time u have aint enough lol. its crazy but then after a while it calms down but u would still miss ure other half and want to see them or even just talk to them!

2. linger26

linger26 New Member

For me, my bf seldom has the time to accompany as he is busy with his work etc so mostly i'll meet up with him over the weekend and weekdays are left with my friends. And he doesn't like to hang out with me and my gfs cos he will feel awkward so most of the outings i have with my gfs are without him.. >.<

3. Shini_D

Shini_D Well-Known Member

you know it's true that once your in a relationship, you are bound to ditch people unconsciously, or even consciously, lol.
    At the end of the day, your bf/gf makes you feel good in a way that your friends cant.
    I spend almost ALL my time with my bf.
    But try your best to not be blinded by love, cause your hurting peoples feelings without realising it.

4. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

I dun think it is the quantity but quality that is important. A well planned date is better than many unplanned dates. Make each date memorable. And dun forget to keep it going even after going steady. Many boyfriends forget how to be boyfriends once they get the girl. Sometimes meeting less builds up the feelings, and you cherish the time you spend together.

5. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

are you a fan of long distance relationships?

6. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

What xiaojia says is true and it does not imply that he/she is a "fan of long distance relationships." From your response, I can only assume that you've only started dating your "guy" and is spending massive amounts of time with him without getting bored.

In my opinion, once the first 1-2 months of dating passes, seeing each other every day or every other day get's old and boring really fast. Thus, creating some distance and time between you and your partner will allow more cherishment. It's only logical.

7. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

nope. not always true

me and my guy have been kinda dating for over a year now,
    just more that being TOGETHER not too long

anyways, i know some girls who all they need is there bf 24/7
    i have a friend who lives with her bf for 2 years now, wont go to sleep without him, always sits in the same room with him
    the only time they are apart is when they are at work

8. AzFanaticx

AzFanaticx Active Member

bring your guy out with your frienz! problem solved.

9. Shini_D

Shini_D Well-Known Member

you know how hard it is tho when your boyfriend dnt get alojng with your friends?! trust me! You have to be careful about things you say to your boyfriend about your friends particularly the guy friends, cause they would get jealous you know.

10. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

The ans is no. And I dun think what I said have anything to do with long distance relationships. rsx, thanks for explaining for me.

Of cos, nth is always true. But you never know unless you can keep that up even beyond marriage. 1 or 2 years is really too short a time to be conclusive. And for your friends example, you only mentioned it from your fren's pt of view. What abt the guy?

Anyway.. the point I was trying to make was about the quality of the time together. No one ever denied that spending time together was crucial. I believe rsx was just trying to say that if you spend too much time together, everything becomes mundane. But the reason why this is so, is because most ppl forget to add spice to a relationship when they begin seeing each other 24/7. Hence, comes my point about quality time.

Why do we both think that not seeing each other so often can me good? Its cos you begin to miss each other. And when the both of you come together, you will tend to cherish it better. Well.. its just our opinions :)

btw, personal opinion is your frens who expect a 24/7 bf are a little too possessive. People need personal space and time.

11. tonyhk32

tonyhk32 Active Member

i am sure i wont spend too much time..
    dont have the time for it

12. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

i dont get to see my bf very much so when he's in town, my friends understand if i have to cancel on them.
    but under normal circumstances, i would never ditch my friends for a boy. (there are special circumstances) one of my best friends did that to me and i know how horrible it feels. even when she did make time for me, she spend the entire time on the phone with him. we would go shopping and she would spend the entire time on the phone. needless to say, she's no longer in my life.

13. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

I would treat my friends and boyfriend in an equal way and won't cancel one to spend more time with another. I know some girls who will drop their friends immediately if their bf calls them up and all they can talk about is how great their bf are>>>fcking boring......

There was a girl in my class who only thinks about here bf, always on the phone with him before the college starts, in the 15 min. break between college and after that. She refused to have contact with any of us no matter how hard you tried to speak to here out of politeness and because we had to work on the same project together. (she only showed up 2 times btw) One day, her bf breaks up with her (we're pretty sure it's because she's too clingy...) and she goes crying to uni and suddenly she wants to talk to us about the breakup. Pfffft, like we would want to waste our time on that kind of loser! >.<

I was surprised about the inventive excuses of my group to get out of her way because we're all really fed up with her behaviour; ignore us all the time but suddenly she needs 'friends' because of a breakup. Get a life.

Anyway, (I have too much time on my hands at this moment) the point I wanted to make is: never let down or neglect your own friends in favour of a partner, coz if you do and you need them back don't look surprised if they are not willingly to back you up. -mellow

14. hahhaha... omfg... that's shady...

Pfffft, like we would want to waste our time on that kind of loser!

hahha... too much time indeed...

15. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

this story reminds me of this girl i know. every time she had something to say it always started with "my bf and i" "my bf did this" "my bf thinks that..." "my bf..." blah blah blah. there are some girls that just makes their lives about their bfs. ugh...

16. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Yeah, not a smart thing to do btw, 'coz if their relation is over they would feel ashamed about all the 'great' things they've done together or whatever their bf did when it turns out it wasn't for real or when he'd dumped her.

17. chookie

chookie Active Member

i like hanging out with my boyfriend.
    but sometimes its just too much that i dont wanna see him for a while, maybe a day or two. but most of the time, i would call him up and see what's up with him.

18. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

wow im surprised so many ppl spend most of their time with their bf/gf.....key to a strong relationship is to give each other space...... ya see someone to much n u get sick of em....but thats my opinion

19. falco

falco Active Member

use some of your normal alone time to spend with your gf/bf.

I would ditch friends for GF but theres a limit to it. I d say if I was to balance it out then 75% GF and 25% friend

20. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

my bf doesnt mind me hanging out with my friends an vice versa so its all good..=D