PRC major Pissed at major Diss by Nobel

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ralphrepo, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I hope this guy turns into a Chinese version of Nelson Mandela. One of the things that Beijing authorities are quick to gloss over, is the fact that the Liu's argument is one of upholding Chinese law. This guy isn't for overthrowing the government. Rather, he wants China to walk its talk; that the rule of law (and not the rule by law) should pervade the land. This is what the party had promised the Chinese since it came to power in 1949 and has yet to deliver. Instead, the taint of corruption has risen to levels that would make the old nationalist party's nepotism machinery seem amateurishly quaint.

#1 ralphrepo, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Great job on the highlights =]

3. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

LOL, well I certainly hope you got a lot out of the story... :D

4. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

5. StrongArm

StrongArm Member

Amazing. I never knew there is such a strong arguments against giving Liu Xiaobo the peace prize. If those liberals saw it, it will really hit home and their enthusiasm and arrogance will no doubt be toned down. Seriouly, how can someone be so war like in their mind, be awarded the peace prize.

Chinese state media is still too incompetent and lags behind the "techniques" of the Western media. They should do some research and immediately broadcast these kind of quotes, instead of making some weak claim like "oh, Liu Xiaobo broke our law, so.." Beijing has to learn to play well with the West and learn how to counter the frequent demonising of China from every quarters. At the end no matter how right you are, unless you learn to argue your case effectively you are perceived as being guilty. The next step China should do is to let free some freedom in their media, but controlled in the back-room just like Western media do. I think that is the most logical way for China to gain credibility.

6. crazy_man206

"In a well-known statement of 1988, Liu said:It took Hong Kong 100 years to become what it is. Given the size of China, certainly it would need 300 years of colonisation for it to become like what Hong Kong is today. I even doubt whether 300 years would be enough."

i feel no sympathy for him if this is true. plus i take issue with people that attribute HK success wit Britain in the past and Mainland now. yes for sure, these circumstances have benefited HK greatly.

however it doesnt explain why overseas HKer can be successful as well. of course to be honest, it is crazy to attribute all of HK growth to non HKer only.

7. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Well, do you think Obama deserve the Nobel Peace prize? I think not .. in fact, he hasn't done anything major at all .. peace .. what and where?? To me the prize became meaningless the moment the committee made the announcement for Obama.

I believe the committee picked Liu because of his support of the western civilization .. his willingness to chat it up sorta speak which bring about change and of course, that's not always peaceful but the idea is there kinda thing. Bottom line .. don't think too much into it. This award is really meaningless. The fact that China reacted so strongly which grabbed global attention. Otherwise, it's just another silly award.

8. crazy_man206

US was engaged in 2 wars at the time the US president got the Nobel Peace Prize.

Nobel Peace Prize is a farce. however the Confucius Prize is just as dumb. China should have just laughed at it or ignore it.

9. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Yup .. China's strong reaction only grabbed headlines .. doesn't do the country any good especially at a time when it's evolving .. silly to go against the world over trivial matter ..