Noel Leung Angry at Monica Chan's Disrespectful Attitude

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Dec 4, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

noel-leung-monica-chan-2016.jpg

After a row with Isabel Leung (梁佩瑚) in September, 1989 Miss Hong Kong Monica Chan (陳法蓉) is back into a heated argument with another former colleague, this time with former TVB actress Noel Leung (梁小冰).

On November 25, both Monica and Noel were invited to attend a charity event for the Wai Yin Association, a charity institute established by former Miss Hong Kong contestants. The attendees were required to wear the organization’s uniform, which comprises of a white collared shirt and a pink jacket. Noel, who was feeling hot, chose not to wear the jacket. This apparently did not sit well with Monica, who scolded her in a loud voice, drawing the attention of many people.

In a later interview, Noel said the organization never notified her about having to wear the complete outfit, and expressed her disappointment in Monica for yelling at her in public. “She should have been more polite to me. Even if we were very close friends, we would still maintain our civility. This is why I refused to take photos with her, and neither do I think that is necessary. She is very impolite.” (Do you want her to apologize?) “Of course. I will call her in private. No matter who you are, every member of this organization needs be courteous of one another.”

Noel admitted to being short-tempered, saying, “It’s easy to make me mad, but I also do not stay mad for long. A few polite exchanges and I’ll feel good again.” (Is Monica like the guidance counselor for the organization?) “I don’t think she is. Who gives her that right? We are all members.”

The 46-year-old responded to questions about the incident again in a later phone interview. The Menu <導火新聞線> actress said, “[Monica] didn’t even greet me when she saw me. She just opened her mouth and started yelling at me for not wearing the uniform. Before I could respond, she already left. You are a member of this organization just like me. How could you treat me in such a rude, impolite manner?”

Reports said Monica opened fire at Noel again once they went backstage after the event. Monica reportedly said, “It’s such a small issue. Why did you make it into such a big one?” Noel retorted, “Your bullying is obvious. You need to reflect on your attitude. You’re being very impolite now. Was that necessary? I’m giving you an opportunity to apologize right now. If you don’t apologize, I’m going to leave Wai Yin.” Monica then reportedly said, “Let’s go out there right now and set it straight with the press.”

Rosa Chan (陳紫蓮) and Ellen Wong (王愛倫) then separated the two. Ellen said, “Monica has always been like this. Maybe she has attitude sickness, so she’s not all there.” Noel said, “So? If she’s sick, I’ll give her the chance to apologize. I did not expect to be treated so rudely. I’m hurt. Am I being too nice? Is that why she’s bullying me? One side she’s yelling at me, the other side she’s laughing and joking with the guests. She is so double-faced! How can she be so fake? I’ve been in the industry for thirty years. I may not be very well-known or very honorable, but I’ve always maintained civility around others. I am very disappointed.”

Noel continued with her rant, “I can see with my own eyes how she’s like with other people, but I cannot accept this attitude she has towards me. She was the one who invited me to join Wai Yin, and now she’s acting like the big boss, like she’s Cixi. Friends who know me well know that I’m never the person who likes to start drama. I don’t need people to support me. If she’s brave enough to apologize to me, I will accept it!”

Monica, however, did not apologize. The 50-year-old wrote on social media later that night, saying, “Thankfully our consultant Rosa was there at the time. Some members and staff of Wai Yin were also present. They can prove that I neither admonished nor was being impolite to anyone. Thank you for being my witnesses during the interviews. As for the unfounded reports, the only thing I can say is this: puzzling.”

Monica added in her statement a few days later, “Before I stepped on the stage, I was told that someone was upset about being treated impolitely due to ‘a jacket’. This person made up some dialogue that never happened before! Why is she like this? Thankfully I have Rosa, the Wai Yin staff, and members Edith Wong (王殷廷) and Joan Tong (唐麗球) as my witnesses and spoke the truth. They can prove that I was innocently implicated! I will not be made a scapegoat!”

Creds: Eastweek

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Miss Hong Kong is so dramatic, and over a jacket like....I'm surprised its these two 'veterens' getting it on like...wheres all that poise and grace gone...

I quite like the both of them as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Let them FIGHT!!!

4. let them mud wrestle over it :shino:

5. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

I WANT NOEL TO WIN THE MUD FIGHT!!! She's a MILF! 90s dream girl for me.

• Like Like x 1