Hong Kong Reporters Beaten by Police in Xinjiang

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by KaY_xD, Sep 8, 2009.

1. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

watch this on the news 3 times already today, has been going on for several days. It's so obvs that the Chinese gov is hiding the truth AGAIN. Chinese officials claim the reporters NEVER show them the temporary passes, BUT the reporters had and the passes were on their neck. STOP BEATING PEOPLE!!!

2. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

if they were hiding something, i'd understand the detaining part, but was it really necessary to beat the reporters?...

3. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

man i saw this on the news. geeez, if ur guna be reporter , then anythingcan happen, stop bitching about it ,

4. haun

haun Well-Known Member

Whats there to hide? its a riot between two ethinics and them telling different stories. I dont believe stories from them, I believe what I saw.

Regarding the reporter, I heard that only one of them had a pass and the other two hasnt got it. But thats still not a good reason to beat them (if that is true).

and why do you people have to always say its the work of chinese government whenever a policeman or soilder did something wrong? look at US soilders in foreign countries and what some of them did. yeah they are the work of US government as well.

5. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

Ok, you believe what you saw. What did you see? You can see from the vid the reporters have their passes on their neck and they're showing them to the police, but they are beaten anyway. Do you see the reporters stirring up & provoking the crowds, which the Chinese gov claimed? Ok fine, where's evidence the gov can use to support its reasoning? WHERE? It's not the first time it tries to save its face. I was born & raised there for over 10 yrs & i admit i was very pro China before, but now after reading the truth from the media these several yrs i def changed my views quite bit (not white-washed). The gov sealed lots of truth, limited the freedom of press. The lady who comment after the incident didn't even answer several main questions from the reporters regarding to the lack of evidence & other things, go watch it urself. The gov should at least apologize deeply, not accusing.

6. xhikarux

xhikarux Guest

they were beaten up and told to stop filming cause china doesnt want their bad stuff to be leaked out, as simple as that. its not the first time china gov tries to seal the bad image. The uk bbc jounarlist (cant rem his name) got detained and beatened when he did an interview of those living in beijjing who were threatened and beatened to leave their home because the gov wanted to build up a new place before the 2008 olympics. this was all shown in camera before it was switched off lol. ......and they tried to seled the sars incident, what a sad county to live in. To me its no different from north korea..

7. lisako1960

lisako1960 New Member

:( Such horror stories.

8. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Frankly, if you had came out and stated that "...yes, the PRC is a selfish nation hell bent on world domination and doesn't care who it hurts to get there, and I don't find that to be at all objectionable..." then I would at least respect your point of view for its honesty. However you didn't, and want to distract from the topic by pointing a finger of blame elsewhere.

If the Chinese government had been so righteous, then it should be able to stand up on its own for whatever it does. To hide behind US et al, crimes and say that they are bad guys too, is not realistic justification; or does the US government really secretly run and manages China sub rosa?. This forum seems full of Chinese nationalists who persistently use lame and meaningless Ad Hominem Tu Quoque arguments (usually involving the US, or the ubiquitous evil "west" as a rationale for PRC government misdeeds); ergo, arguments like the above are just grasping at straws because you really can't morally defend anything the PRC does at all.

My suggestion is, don't try to defend them at all because what they do is frankly indefensible. Just say that you love the PRC government and you don't care who they hurt just as long as China gets ahead. In that sense, then China would be in line with historic rationales used for invading one's neighbors and taking their stuff as a matter of international intercourse. The PRC may be relatively late in the game but it is no different from other imperialist nations that came before.

Just don't think that people are so stupid to actually believe that the PRC government are nice guys, and it's ridiculous for you to try to even try to defend such behavior. Res ipsa loquitur.

#8 ralphrepo, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  9. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

yup yup .. there are a lot of chinese nationalists here indeed .. so much you wonder why they left china in the first place .. lol

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Here's a bit of irony from a net article (dated today):

In a rush? For a quick synopsis, just read the red highlighted lines.

Hu's guaranteeing to treat foreign reporters better even as his men beat up news gatherers from Hong Kong? This would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. :facepalm: