Gfriend members falls 6 times during stage performance

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by shinobi, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Original Video, 1.78 mil views as of right now of this post!

Here is another Yuju-focused version. Her falls were blurred out.

I'm a GFRIEND fan for a while now, and watching the group-cam I already felt so bad for her. Then watching the Yuju-focused one I wanted to cry after seeing her expression cause she probably wanted to cry too and I felt so bad for her. It's been a long time that I actually felt so bad for someone that I haven't met or know in real life by watching a video. She just stood back up every time and when it's her part she just kept smiling. There were some pretty hard falls too.

FYI, that isn't a knee brace, it's something to protect her knees cause she has to slide on that knee as part of choreography but wasn't performed here due to stage conditions.

What's worse is that there are no official statements from the organizers.. like no apology. That is just fucked. Would a group like Girls Generation been forced to perform in that shitty stage condition? I'm kinda glad that this piece of news made it global (on reddit and various overseas news reporting), not just for GFRIEND's fame but to let everyone know what kind of shitty stage conditions idols have to perform in.

Here are some comments from K-nets:

Yuju letting fans know she's OK.

gfriendofficial2015.09.06.
    #여자친구#유주
    Don't worry~ i'm OK!♡❤

It's been a while since I've had such a long quality post :kelefe:.. but just to get everyone caught up here on this incident.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Jeff you should of post first :kevin:

was wondering about the knee pad too :kelefe: like this girl always fall or something

are they new group or something their manager should not allow that on rainy stage :john:

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

shinobi

I should've.. even watching that video now makes it heartbreaking :'(

They are a new group that debuted this year. The CEO of their company or someshit like that was like a manager of SM and he managed SNSD, f(x), etc.. at least that's what the rumour is. I would say out of all the female rookies that debuted this year, they are definitely one of the top. Their choreography is very much in-sync and that's why I love them a lot. No rookie group can have that hard of a choreo and be in sync at the same time.

On the positive, I guess they won the hearts of many non-fans due to their "professionalism" and persistence to continue to perform..

4. Yeah they're a new group. Debuted earlier this year. Kpop concerts are always like this, slippery stages, faulty elevators. A lot of kpop groups got into accidents because of it @_@

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

That is true. Many concerts are still a go even if it's raining, so that's why I don't mind if groups just stand there and sing instead of doing their full choreo. Especially with GFRIEND's choreo where they're jumping around and shuffling all the time, it makes it hard not to pok guy.

http://time.com/4024228/k-pop-gfriend-fall-korea-yuju/

Even Time reported it :lol:

6. Concert planners should really think ahead for outdoor concerts. Maybe extend the roof a bit longer so the rain doesn't fall on the stage or something? But then again, they wouldn't care less anyways...Ugh i can't even watch that video after like the falls...

7. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It's very common to continue performances in the rain over there, sometimes it works out really well, the rain and water adds an extra effect, but there should be measures taken to at least minimize accidents. Have to be prepare for the weather all the time. The show must go on.

Watching them fall a few times:sad:, it hurts to watch but it also show how professional these girls are, they just get right back up and continue grinding it out. I liked this group since they beginning cause they reminded me so much of GG back when they first started. :thumbsup2:

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

[​IMG]

One of my favourite pictures due to the rain effects

But it's true, GFRIEND reminds me of the old Girls Generation. They already got a pretty good main vocal in Yuju.