*Frequently Asked Questions*

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by 小小, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

General Forum F.A.Q

***For Site Rules and Regulations, Click Here*** <-------- MUST READ

Basic Forum Usage and Functions, Click Here

==================================================

Contents (Hold Ctrl+F and copy and paste one of the bullet points into the "Find what?" box to direct you to the corresponding topic)

• Why can't I see the download sections ?? / How do I start to download ??
    • Why do I see "squares" or random characters in the thread titles/downloaded songs or series files ??
    • Why isn't my post count increasing ??
    • How do I show images in my posts ??
    • How to multi-quote ??
    • How to use the search functions ??
    • Any other things I should know ??

Why can't I see the download sections ?? / How do I start to download ??

Click here!

Why do I see "squares" or random characters in the thread titles/downloaded songs or series files ??

You get these because your pc has not got the necessary files to view chinese characters, you can download the chinese simplified pack here which should be sufficient (If you want you can also download the traditional chinese pack and the japanese language pack, these are not necessary but just incase). This should display most of the necessary chinese characters.

An alternative is go to My Computer >>>> Change a Setting (control panel) >>>> Date, Time, Language & Regional Options. Then under the "Regional Options" tab then in the standards and format box change the language/country to "Chinese (Hong Kong S.A.R)" (or any other chinese country, but better if you use a country that uses simplified chinese like China/PRC. I just use HK because i'm from there, HK uses traditional chinese and so therefore characters won't appear right since most chinese characters now are simplified characters), do the same in the "Advanced" tab under the "Language for Non-Unicode Programs" box. Also under the "Languages" tab, you can check the "Install Files For East Asian Languages" box. Using this method will display ANY chinese characters on anything and I mean anything but DO AT YOUR OWN RISK as some programs/applications will change completely to chinese if they are able to and in google.com it will think your in Hong Kong so you get the chinese version of google with more chinese related searches so basically if you can't understand chinese don't bother doing this.

The first method is well sufficient if your chinese isn't that good just to make things look right as since you can't understand chinese anyway there is really no point in doing the second method as you can't read it.

Why isn't my post count increasing ??

Please take note of the screens below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How do I show images in my posts ??

First upload your images to any image hosting site, such as www.imageshack.us, www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com, etc. Then copy and paste the direct link to the image between the bbcode

For example: [ IMG ]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/DragonLoaded/PopularAsians/untitled.jpg[ /IMG ] <-------- Remove spaces and it should appear as below

[​IMG]

If you are still confused you can always "quote" other members posts that contain images to see what the bbcode is like

How to multi-quote ??

The quote system works by taking the first quote u pick so if u decided to quote someone from page 3 and then go back to page one and quote another, the quote from page 3 will show first. This works the same for quoting posts on the same page.

Cross thread quoting works too but it would be better to quote only within the same thread to avoid confusing people.

How to multi-quote
    First, you multi-quote a few replys with this ([​IMG]) button then when the post is quoted it'll look like this ([​IMG]) , then you click on [​IMG] for your final quote to finish writing.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

How to use the search functions

( this searches the specific forum only ) not the whole forum!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(this searches the entire forum) use advanced search to filter out which sections of the forum to search

[​IMG]

(this searches only the blog/news/front pages) not the forum!

in addition we also have google search in the forum index

Any other things I should know ??

Yes the most important thing is that before you ask any questions in your posts or creating threads regarding to downloads like language, subititles or release dates for the specific thread or tech support (by this I mean like questions in the technology section), etc. Please Please do some searches using our search function and read through the whole thread as it may already been answered by the author of the thread or by another member.

I am directing this towards the really dumbass and repetitive questions that was asked

[​IMG]

#1 小小, Oct 2, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. 小小

Downloading F.A.Q

Contents (Hold Ctrl+F and copy and paste one of the bullet points into the "Find what?" box to direct you to the corresponding topic)

• Whats the difference between BT and DDL ??
    • Why can't I still download it (errors or constant 0kb/s) ??
    • What is RM/RMVB files and how do I play them ??
    • I still can't play the RM/RMVB files what do I do ??
    • I'm hearing two languages on one of the RMVB files, how do I mute one of the channels ??
    • I've downloaded video file, why does it have audio/video problems (or I cant play it !!) ??
    • I can't convert RM/MPEG/DAT/AVI/XVID to DVD (or others) and also I can't burn BIN/CUE/MDF/MDS files, what do I do ??
    • I can't see the subtitles, what do I do ??
    • How do I download the files in the music section ??
    • I can't play any of the music files once I finished downloading them, what do I do ??
    • I've been asked for a password when I extracted it and I can't find it, where is it ??
    • Help !! I can't see hidden content ??
    • One of the DDL links don't work, what do I do ??
    • I made a request in the TVB/Asian Movie/Music section, why has my thread disappeared/closed ??
    • OK, I made a request in the correct section, but why is it still closed ??

Whats the difference between BT and DDL ??

BT stands for Bittorrent and is a type of file sharing system that needs a BT Cilent and relies on seeds (people uploading) if none are available then its a dead torrent meaning it can't be downloaded anymore. DDL stands for Direct Download and relies on people uploading to a uploading server such as megaupload which generates the link to the uploaded file that then can be shared and downloaded by others, the link usually expires when no one downloads the file anymore in a set period, varies with each uploading server

Why can't I download these attached files ??

[​IMG]

These attached files above are bittorrent files which requires a BT Cilent to download, we recommend using bitcomet to download as this is a easy to use program and able to read chinese torrents. If you require more help on how to use bitcomet, click here (Everything you need is here if you don't understand what I said before or later on)

utorrent is also a very good alternative

Why can't I still download it (errors or constant 0kb/s) ??

The main reason, NO SEEDS (see below for an example), Seeds are people who finished downloading the file and are currently uploading to others.

[​IMG]

Or are you behind a ROUTER, if so you need to forward your ports, click here for more detailed information on how to configure your ports

Or maybe its a new torrent and that the uploader is too busy to completely seed the whole file, you can check this in the "Peers" section on the lower left of bitcomet (see below for an example)

[​IMG]

if it appears as above with everybody stuck on the same % then be PATIENT as if a fairly new torrent the uploader should return

Or if you are having other errors like reading the torrent and that you are not using bitcomet, then try using bitcomet. As some BT cilents have trouble reading chinese torrent files

Or its because of the speed of you connection, below is a rough approximate of the speeds you should get for your line:

512kps - 50kb/s
    1MB - 100kb/s
    2MB - 200kb/s etc ...

(Upload speed is usually half the download speed of your line)

Note: You might not get the full speeds due to the limitations in your ISP, as caps they put on your line or the fair usage policies, etc.

What is RM/RMVB files and how do I play them ??

RM is Real Media which means you need Real Media Player to play or Real Alternative

I still can't play the RM/RMVB files what do I do ??

Make sure your players or codecs are up to date and most importantly has it completely finished downloading it ?? (see below)

[​IMG]

if needs be do a manual hash check as file might appear to be finished (see below)

[​IMG]

If the above don't work then its possible what you have downloaded is corrupt

I'm hearing two languages on one of the RMVB files, how do I mute one of the channels ??

START >>> PROGRAM FILES >>> ACCESSORIES >>> ENTERTAINMENT >>> VOLUME CONTROL

Then adjust the "Balance" on the 1st column, "Volume Control"

[​IMG]

I've downloaded video file, why does it have audio/video problems (or I cant play it !!) ??

First off VLC MEDIA PLAYER plays all and there should not be any problems unless the file itself is corrupted

But if it appears like below (see screenshot), just extract one of the .rar files using Winar or any other extracting program that supports the rar compression

[​IMG]

AFTER extracting it and then it has audio/video problems it may be that your codecs are out of date, try downloading the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, this has all the available codecs thats if your using windows media player to play it or another common player. Or just try the VLC Media Player which doesn't need codecs

Or if the file name/extension contains 001 or part001, then the file is incomplete. This means you need to DOWNLOAD ALL the required files before it can played. This usually should be stated by the thread creator and hjsplit

Note: DON'T attempt to rename the files or the extension of the files, by this i mean like adding .avi to the end of the file name. By doing this you screw up the whole system and so there will be problems when extracting with winrar or rejoining with hjsplit

I can't convert RM/MPEG/DAT/AVI/XVID to DVD (or others) and also I can't burn BIN/CUE/MDF/MDS files, what do I do ??

For a detailed guide, click here

I can't see the subtitles, what do I do ??

If SRT file, 2 ways you can go about this:

- 1st option you can try the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, it contains everything you need like vobsub which displays the subs in windows media player plus all available audio and video codecs

Note: for srt files to be display make sure the name of the srt file is the same as the name of the video file but with added .srt, for example:

video file name: movie
    srt file name: movie.srt

- 2nd option is to play it with VLC Media Player, you don't need codecs with this player and plays every extension except rmvb files. Turn on the subs video category (it the category with options such as video track, full screen, zoom, deinterlace, etc) on the main menu, if none are there, the subs were not auto detected so you need to click on preferences and browse for the subs yourself, see below:

[​IMG]

then go to the video category on the main menu and turn the subs on.

Note: remember to go back to preferences and take away the srt file otherwise the next time you start up a different movie the subs will appear again for that movie

If on the other hand its a SUB file,

You can follow the 1st option and get the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, which has vobsub and then you can just play with windows media player (vobsub appears as a green icon in the task bar), same applies to Media Player Classic which comes with the codec pack, if you downloaded the torrents in our movie section, remember to extract the SUB file if its compressed, i included a screenshot below to clear things up a bit

[​IMG]

or just follow the 2nd option, remember to browse for the subs yourself in preferences if the SUB file wasnt detected

How do I download the files in the music section ??

You simply click on the DDL link within the hidden content and then it will direct you to a site for you to downloa. Files are usually upped to servers like Megaupload, Rapidshare, Filefront, Filesend, etc. The file that is upped is usually in the .rar extension (see below if you don't know what to do with these files).

I can't play any of the music files once I finished downloading them, what do I do ??

The file is compressed, you will need a extracting program to extract, we recommend using WinRar to extract but there are others that you can use but we found winrar to be the most effective

If the music file appears like this [​IMG] then just add .rar when renaming, for example:

Original file name: music
    Edited name: music.rar

Then it can be extracted with WinRar and also 99% of the time winrar can extract the files completely, if this does happen to fail (error messages or incomplete extraction) then try other applications:

WinAce (Very Effective - Extracts 'some' archieves that WinRar has errors with)
    7-Zip
    ALZip
    IZArc
    TugZip

I've been asked for a password when I extracted it and I can't find it, where is it or the password doesn't work??

Whatever it says after the " Password to Extract: - / Password: - / Pass: - " just copy and paste or type it into the password entry box (copying and pasting it is much easier and less chance of typos and such)

For example if the password is: www.chillforums.com, just copy and paste or type it DON'T click on it, thinking it will direct you to the password because it doesn't

if the pass happens to not work try typing it in again before posting in the thread saying it don't work to the uploader as since you might have just made a typo

Help !! I can't see hidden content ??

Make sure you checked the "remember me?" box when you log in and that your browser accepts cookies from PA

[​IMG]

Or there is a post restriction on it, if so then PM one of the Moderators and we look into it as we are using the "No Post Restriction" on all DDL unless its a special download (this will be stated on the thread by the uploader)

One of the DDL links don't work, what do I do ??

Report it to the BROKEN LINKS section

[​IMG]

Please read the rules there before reporting

I made a request in the TVB/Asian Movie/Music section, why has my thread disappeared/closed ??

This is because we have a DOWNLOAD REQUEST section

[​IMG]

Please always do a search before requesting, doing an "ADVANCED SEARCH" brings up more effective results

Or you can do a google search within the site, to do this go to google.com as normal and in the search box type in what you want to find plus the "+site:www.dramasian.com"

e.g. Janice+site:www.dramasian.com

OK, I made a request in the correct section, but why is it still closed ??

Please follow the rules in that section with its proper tags and it will be left open, we already know its a "request" section so tags like REQUEST or REQ will cause the thread to be closed

Or another link request for an existing thread will also cause the thread to be closed, since there is already a thread on this and the DDL link is dead so the correct section to post is the BROKEN LINKS section

#2 小小, Oct 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  3. 小小

Uploading F.A.Q

• Any rules to follow??
    • Where do I upload it to ??
    • How to add a BT attachment ??
    • Why has my BT attachment been removed ??
    • How do I to HIDE the DDL content ??

==================================================​

Any rules to follow??

Yes, Click Here

and for BT please always credit the releaser and same if you are hotlinking any DDL links, please credit the original uploader if you didn't upload it

ANY LINKS THAT ARE NOT CREDITED WHICH WAS NOT ORIGINALLY UPLOADED BY YOU WILL BE REMOVED

Where do I upload it to ?? (For use of DDL)

For a List of Uploading Hosts, Click Here

Then once the upload to the server of the site is complete you will be give a DDL link that you can share, please remember to HIDE your links

How to add a BT attachment ??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why has my BT attachment been removed ??

It will be only removed if its already posted, by this I mean same episode and releaser (duplicate torrent), we don't mind the same episode but different releasers

How do I to HIDE the DDL content ??

the bbcode for this is [ hide ] (DDL Link goes between here) [ /hide ] <----- Remove spaces

For example see the screenshot below

[​IMG]

**** To add a postcount restriction to the hidden link then the bbcode will be [ hide=* ] ..... [ /hide ], where * is the postcount number you wish to use

#3 小小, Oct 2, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  4. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

you rock man :D

5. Nicely Done Dragondo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.