Failed AP Test

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by xmichelly, Jul 7, 2007.

1. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

TY everyone ^__^ I feel a little better now at times when I don't think about it. After getting an e-mail back from my teacher, I kind of felt better. I told a few of my friends, probably just so they won't ask me when we get back to school -sweat

2. peter123147

peter123147 Member

From what you're saying, you're expecting to get a 2 on the AP anyway, which is 1) still a failing grade and won't earn you any college credit/exemption, and 2) you just admitted that you'll get a low grade. Plus since you're doing so bad with euro-history, why are you taking AP US history? You should know what you're good at and then take it. Though i took AP US history 3 years ago and got a perfect 5 :)

3. xmichelly

Is it evil of me if I feel a lot better because I just found out that another one of my friends failed too? -doh-shrug

4. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

No, it's not evil.

I remember if one of my friends got a low mark on anything and they ask me what I got, I will tell them I got a low mark also even if I got a high grade.

5. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

look at that strong moral fiber

6. xmichelly

-bigclap If only everyone could be like that! A few people I know always get like 90s and above on their tests and when me and my friends ask them what they got, they're like, "OMG, I got a 90. That's so bad, I feel so stupid. What did YOU get?" And we got like 70s ... -er

7. xixi

xixi Well-Known Member

you didn't start off with writing IB killed your sociallife, made you an caffiene addict etc, like others would do... so it sounded much more positive than what i'm used to hear ^^....and yes the work load was horrible, there were acutally two in my school that ended up in the hospital with stress symptoms a few years back...

i was dumb enough to choose chemistry, physics and math at HL >.< .....presentations where fun to write, but internals made me cry..but APs sound as just as much work....

---

@xmichelly: good that you are feeling better :)

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Nah, it's just a natural feeling, you wouldn't feel so lonely anymore and if you want to explain how you failed you have an excuse, "you know what, what's his/her name failed too". lol i do that all the time, a good way to get out of tight situations on a conversation with my parents about my academic life lols.

9. qoo

qoo Well-Known Member

It's ok.. as long as you got a good grade in the class! that counts as something! colleges love to see that you took AP classes! I got my score back a couple days ago too from my AP world history test!

10. aznpsyco152

aznpsyco152 Well-Known Member

haha i just got my AP stat score back today and got a 2!! haha see you're not the only one thats doing bad on their ap exams. Glad that you are feeling alot better though !!

11. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

o wow a 1 sorry to hear about that ya know cause now your getting me a little freaked out about when the times comes for me to take AP tests, well hope you feel better and that insignificant little 1 will allow you to be able to know that you need to work harder and not to stress out to much

12. Jamien

Jamien Well-Known Member

This is really really ironic. A1 is the best score in my country.

13. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

Maybe its the way you studied. And plus AP European History is probably one of the harder ones I took, of course physics was a little harder. My hell year in high school I took 4 different AP classes. It was pretty tough, but I was lucky enough to get 2 4's and 2 5's. Its just the way you study and trying to balance out what you learn. Also it has to do with the school and teachers too.

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^ damn 5's crazy lol, i passed like 2 out of 3 ap courses but not the exams lols.

15. thomaslau14

thomaslau14 Member

Don't worry about the AP marks. So maybe you're not one of those history people. Same here. I remember panicing and forgetting all those weird dates and names of people I don't know. Don't bother with it. Look forward and you'll be fine. I'm kinda in your situation. I got a brother only a year older than I am but he accomplished so much...He did around 15 APs and got straight 5s...Then my mom asks me where's my 5. Just shrug it off. APs marks are merely numbers and a number does not define your character. You are no less of a person than anyone else who did well. Just work harder, try your best and leave it at that with no regrets. Best wishes to your next year and stay happy.

16. xbbylovex

xbbylovex Member

It happens. I thought I woud get a 4 or 5 on my AP Statistics exam and only got a 2. totally killed my chances of applying to HKU.

17. WinterSky

WinterSky Well-Known Member

Lol, don't worry about AP tests, are you aiming to get into a UC? Cuz dang... my year for college acceptance it seemed a lot of things were messed up. Seemed like acceptance was weighted heavily on GPA.... i had a friend who, bless her, is an idiot (like "describe an adjective" kidna idiot) and scored very very low on her SAT's (a like < 800) she's going to davis right now (GPA was 3.6) she cheated her way though high school

so... anyways, depending on ur major, AP credit really does shit for u. Just go to a JC and take classes there. Cuz those automatically count as college credit, no super hard test to pass (well.. a final). Plus college classes tend to be chill if your taking it for the first time. Lots of my friends and me took classes at JC's as soon as we were 16 (mininum age + u need parent consent still). quite effective.

and use www.assist.org if u wana check transfer compatiblity to a UC or another school

18. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Nah... its only natural not to feel left out... ;)

19. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i never done this type of test before. i don't know if they have it here in australia though...i guess they do but i'm not aware of it.

anyway, don't be too hard on yourself. as long as you tried your best...

20. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Well, if this makes you feel better, I failed AP Calculus (AB)... I got a 1. XD
    I still passed the actual course though because where I am from, AP courses don't actually "count" for marks... they were just "extra credit" so if you wanted to use them for university and maybe get scholarship money ($200CDN = score of 5)....

I also got a 3 on AP Literature.... sad....

And about never failing anything before... I was in the exact same boat as you. But it's better to fail early, get that feel of "failing", rather than later, where it would hurt even more.... !!