Andy Lau Remaining in Hospital for 8-Weeks

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jan 24, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Andy-Lau-hospital-2017.jpg

After falling off a horse while filming a commercial in Thailand, Andy Lau (劉德華) underwent surgery and is currently in the intensive care unit at the Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital. With questions and concern surrounding his condition, Andy released a statement today about the current state of his health.

Andy said, “The pelvis was the main point of injury with a lot of miscellaneous bone fractures. There is also serious strain on the muscles and tendons – but with the entire team effort from the hospital crew, my condition has stabilized! The hospital estimates that I’ll be in here for another six to eight weeks. The doctor said the recovery time will be between six to nine months in total and I will listen to the hospital’s every recommendation!”

Unfortunately, with the severity of his bone fractures – Andy will be spending Lunar New Year in his hospital room. Currently residing in the hospital’s top private room, Andy’s daily hospital fee is $15,000 HKD, adding up to roughly $900,000 HKD for his two-month stay. Including the doctor and medication fees, it is estimated that Andy will have to foot a $3 million HKD bill for his injury.

Hiatus For 2017

Focusing on making a full recovery, Andy’s schedule for the rest of 2017 has been rearranged. Originally, Andy had four movies slated for release this year, including major grand productions – Shock Wave <拆彈專家>, Find Your Voice <熱血合唱團>, and The Adventures <俠盜聯盟>, as well as a voice dubbing for one of Wong Jing‘s (王晶) movies.

While the production and release dates for these projects have been pushed back, representatives from the companies expressed that their first priority is Andy’s full recovery.

Besides his movies, Andy was working on a 20-session concert for the 2017/2018 timeframe. Since there is still time before year-end, the concert has been put on temporary hold and has not been officially cancelled.

Creds: Oriental Daily

2. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

Feel so sad because of what happened to Super Man. Best wishes to him. He‘s an icon. Those who know, will know.