Zhang Ziyi to Star with Hugh Grant in New Movie

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Mar 4, 2008.

1. [​IMG]
    Tuesday March 4, 2008 USA

Zhang Ziyi will be putting away her swords and flexing her funny bone in her next picture, "Lost for Words." "It's a romantic comedy with Hugh Grant. We're shooting in London," she said Sunday night at Louis Vuitton's dinner for the dressy Emprise watch designed by Marc Jacobs. But the role won't be much of a stretch: "I play a Chinese movie star," Ziyi said with a laugh.

credits: WWD.com.

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

^Yea, me too, seem like a weird combination.^

3. Afa

Afa Well-Known Member

she can act... ... .. .. .. .. .!? *cough*

4. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

Not good, hugh grant is waaaaaay past his sell by date and no offense to any1 who thinks otherwise, but she really isnt that good of an actress. But for some reason, the westerns seem to like her?!

5. uh......................... wow...... lol i wonder how this is gonna turn out.........

6. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Hugh Grant? You mean that annoying British guy who only makes shitty romantic comedies? That Huge Grant?

7. bbes

bbes Incredible

wat how will this work. last time i saw zhang ziyi speak english it wasn't very gd and she hardly spoke any in the film.

8. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

a movie involving hugh grant and a movie star and romance..... hmmmm havent i seen this movie before.....-noclue

9. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

i dont think it will make the box office well.......waste of moneyyy

10. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

(Y)
    Have you watched Memoirs of a Geisha? I thought her English was alright, even though the movie SUCKED.

11. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Maybe she was willing to take off a few layers and show some skin?

well, she has been dating an old white dude ...

12. bbes

bbes Incredible

oh rele never knew that, so her english has prob improved. still don't think shes that a great actress and can't rele imagine her in romantic films like this. these films require some comedy in them too and can't rele see her making me laugh whereas i can with hugh grant. i swear all hugh grant does is just make these type of movies.

13. shw

shw Well-Known Member

ziyi is awesome! even though she doesnt speak very good english i still think she can play the role of a Chinese movie star :xd:

14. bbes

bbes Incredible

never sed she couldn't its just don't see her in this role thats all, though if it is successful it could perhaps allow more chinese actors/actresses to be able to get into films that are not to do with fighting for once and to give chinese ppl the a greater opportunity to become an actor/actress.

15. i think i'll d/l this movie... i was happy with ZZY's performance in Memoirs of a Geisha

16. Wai2x

Wai2x Well-Known Member

I think she's pretty but my god...i heard she's a diva na dhugh grant is a grumpy sod...

this could be interesting after production gossip re how cosatrs are to each other:p

17. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Zhang Ziyi has grown exceptionally arrogant ever since she was recognized in the movie "Crouching Tiger & Hidden Dragon". She completely brushed off those "Asian" entertainers off as if they're no longer on par with her now that she has hit the global market. I can't wait to see her fail. People like that deserve to fall flat face down on the ground.

18. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

haha
    she must have slept with hugh grant or the producer getting that role

19. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

aaah...hope this hugh grant movie isnt like music and lyrics.... drew barrymore and hugh...bad combo....lack of chemistryyyyyy!

ok that movie was shit honestly....i was so annoyed....
    i was just curious to see the movie cuz i read the book...but the book is like 100x betterrrrr

20. BigC

BigC Well-Known Member

not too sure about zz doin a comedy... I'll check it out though...