Yuanyang Drink (鴛鴦)

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by mr_evolution, Nov 5, 2010.

1. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Just decided to make myself one this morning, I didnt use the pro ingredients, but it still tasted pretty good.

I used the
    30% Coffee
    70% Milk Tea method.

Anyone else like this drink or has few pointers for making them?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i made it when i was at work, wasnt the proper way lol just had to make do with what was available at work hehe
    i made the tea first an left it for a couple mins so that the flavour comes out first , an then adding some filter coffee before adding milk an sugar...
    tasted good to me (Y)

as for the ratio of each component, the tea was just over half a cup, an then the coffee was about 1/4, the milk varies on the person..

also, if making the 'ice version' which is literally chucking in some ice, then dont put so much water in when making the tea, cos when the ice melts, it will make up for the 'less water'

i think it takes a bit of trial an error to make the perfect cuppa but happy experimenting ;)

#2 Phoenix, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  3. mr_evolution

What do you mean leave the tea for a while? As in let the hot water boil the tea leaves for a while?

4. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

Mmmm.. I don't drink that stuff coz I hate coffee even this drink. I'm pretty sensitive to that taste.

But then I have experimented with the drink before coz my mum and boyfriend likes the stuff.
    Usually I just put about 1 teaspoon of coffee thing, then a teabag. Then pour the hot water but been cooled from boiling point for about 10 minutes, then I just leave it there so the taste of the tea comes out (of course stir as well so coffee can mix in too!) Add the milk, then take the teabag out whilst squeezing out the juice on the side so the tea taste is still there.

Sugar is optional too :p

5. mr_evolution

I tried May's method this morning and it worked pretty well.

6. Phoenix

yayy! lol i'm glad it worked well for u :yes:
    an yeh just leave the tea leaves/teabag with the hot water for a coupla mins to bring out the flavour an then add coffee etc la..(Y)

7. mr_evolution

Hey May do you use condensed milk?

8. Phoenix

yea if i'm making at my uncle's place, if not i just use normal milk at my other work place...

both taste good imo...

9. mr_evolution

Okay Imma try condensed milk to see if I can get that rich taste

10. Phoenix

using condensed milk is the same as making the bubble milk tea but without the pearls...

think its an acquired taste, cos it makes the drink smell different lol an thicker as well...so yea a bit richer

11. mr_evolution

Bubble milk tea w/o pearls loses the enjoyment

12. Phoenix

well if u got time to cook the pearls then yea add 'em lol

13. Xib

Xib Well-Known Member

I make this every weekend, great wake-up-beverage, it always does the job of getting me in the mood for taking my morning dump.

14. mr_evolution

Man I think Im addicted to it, Im making one everyday since I started the thread