Youtube ADS

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by negiqboyz, Sep 2, 2009.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Is this a recent change? Every vids I clicked played an ad first then the vid. It's fucking annoying. It started out with ad on the bottom; now it's a 1+ min vid .. oh yeah, it's slow too.

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Well, we're using it for free so theres always going to be ads

3. dickson

dickson Well-Known Member

i dun have ads....just slow =.=

4. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

slow, no ads, but if there is, just hope adblock can stop em

5. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

can't say i've used the tube in a bit.

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Anything legally free on the net nowadays is going to have to be attached to some sort of revenue model. The only difference between them is their individual degree of annoyance. :facepalm:

7. negiqboyz

^ I know .. all com needs some sort of revenue to things going but I rather they put the ads on the page instead of attaching it to the vids. Yeah .. not all the ads are good either so double the annoyance... lol

My guess is that Youtube is still playing around the technical side about attaching ads to vids; thus the slowness. Honestly, it's getting worst.

8. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

this happened to me a couple weeks back. every video i wanted to watch i had to go through fast and furious 4 trailer... about 1 min each. and i take long enough streaming regular videos already...

9. mr_evolution

Are they trying to stop people from ripping youtube vids?

10. Glyceryl

Glyceryl Member

Nothing are free, every 500 viewers youtube have to pay the video maker money. Other than all the illegal posting... that bought the site charges.

11. AsianInvasion

AsianInvasion Well-Known Member

it IS annoying lol its like click video... 1 minute ad... click another video... same ad...

12. negiqboyz

yeah .. it will drive audience away i bet you .. at least i won't use it as often now (i already rarely use it begin with) .. youtube is getting overrated ..

nothing is free but anything interfering with my vid is a negative for me. i rather they flash those ads on the side bar or somewhere on the page or even cut off the comment section to fill the ads ..

unfortunately, i read somewhere on the businessweek magazine that it will get worst because they believe most people watch vid during office hours so these people will remember the ad/products better when they see it play right before their favorite vid or whtever .. lol

ppl should start boycotting youtube...lol

13. Robme1

Robme1 Member

yo those new youtube ads are starting to get really annoying... i guess this is the new "marketing" during our recession... heard youtube were providing ads thru their videos for less than 0.01 cent per ad... but definitely getting annoying i actually starting to prefer hulu a lot more now...

14. negiqboyz

hulu .. is that the "NEW" youtube now?? I have never heard of it. Is it any better?? Quality and loading??? Please share .. thanks.

15. mr_evolution

A way to overcome this is use Firefox, install 'grease monkey' and the 'remove in-vid ad from youtube' script

16. negiqboyz

wow .. that's worst .. if i have to install this and that just to watch a video with ad free, forget it. might as well not watch it at all .. lol

17. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

Google taken over pretty much most of youtube, so most of those ads are caused by Google. They sure are annoying and impossible to skip and possible to ignore.

18. negiqboyz

^ i agree . .google is getting out of control .. i hope there will be more players out to compete .. sick of psycho google.

19. johnsonhuang

johnsonhuang Member

youtobe ad's are starting to get annoying as hell...

20. StevenT888

StevenT888 Member

it can never be stopped.
    even now with the ads, thats a totally different SWF,
    its like 2 different channels: 1 = main vid, 2 = ads.

the ripping is still without those ads.

if they wanna implement the ads inside the main vid channel, then youtube has to actually re-compile the uploaded vid with the ads worked in it.

but that takes too much time and processor capacity, so they keep the ads as a different channel and this makes the ads dynamical and always changeable when they need.

everybody is in need of money, you never have enough.
    if there is no more money to be found in ads, then they will think of something else.

greed is in everybody, its just the portion of greed that differs with people