Yiu chi (shark fin), Yin wo (bird's nest) or Bao yui(Abalone)

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by [N], Jun 11, 2007.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol hundreds for these food but which one do you prefer lol, i prefer the shark fin lol

2. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

SHARK FIN!!! bird's nest doesn't really taste like anything. and as for abalone, i've never been nuts about it. but shark fin...i could drink the whole pot.
    i have a bad feeling about this new food section. all this talk about food...it's gonna make me want to eat. oh god, i'm gonna get fat.

3. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

bao yu is the best if cooked right and it is high quality.

4. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

^still...i don't like the texture of bao yu. something about it...i just can't explain it. i'll trade u ur bowl of shark fin for my bao yu okay?

5. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

awww this thread reminds me of eckooo....as he loved shark fin as well >.<

6. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Quite equally, I would have prefered shark's fin and abalone better if it can be cooked in a dessert...

But in general: Abalone > Bird's nest > Shark fin...

7. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I prefer shark's fin over bird's nest. Main reason is because I ate too much bird's nest when I was young and now tired of the taste.

So using hiake's system: abalone > shark's fin > bird's nest

8. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

well bird's nest taste like nothing.. but so does shark fin... shark fin taste good cos of the soup..

my rating... yin wo-> yu chi-> bao yu
    ^^

9. Vinnie_boy

Vinnie_boy Well-Known Member

Its between shark fin and yun wor but never had bao yui so XP

10. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Guys, campaign with me to stop eating sharks fin will you? Do you know what they do to the sharks after they fin them alive? They throw them back into the water. These sharks need their fins to swim, and if they lose them, they'll die a slow painful death. The number of sharks are also declining...so please, say no to sharks fin. If you really have to have it, vermicelli is a good substitute? LOL

For me I'd prefer bao yu over birds nest. Maybe cos I eat birds nest often, and bao yu is always a treat!

11. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^You sure they grab the fins and throw them back into the sea? Care to share birds nest since you have them so often?-innocent

12. tnch

tnch Active Member

Shark Fin, the rest I don't really like.

13. happii

happii Well-Known Member

i like all of those abalone n sharkfin but rarely eat it!

14. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

My preferences would be Bao yu > Yin wo > Yur chee, but Yin wo doesn't win by that much.. only depends on mood I'd say.

15. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

"sai meng" i wish i always eat birds nest... bao yu high cholesterol!!! ahhaha

16. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

i like both bao yui and sharks fin when it's in soup..(only way i've had it)
    but i'd go bau yui!!

17. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

In fact it is true. Because in many places, shark harvesting is regulated by the weight of their harvest, not by pieces, so by cutting the fin off and dumping the rest of the body back into the ocean, the ships can harvest more fins each time they head out to the sea.

18. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ Thanks for the info, me not going to eat anymore shark fin. Poor sharks....

19. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

i like shark fins soup. as for birds nest ... hhmm .. nothing to it. i don't really like birds nests coz it's bird's saliva; kinda ... gross! plus, don't want to die of bird flu!

20. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Haha...wind2000, wanna drop by one day?

Hmm...sorry, I guess I did sound like sai meng. Didn't mean to do that. Actually I'm just leeching off my mom..hehe. Cos she gets a regular supply from my sis in HK, who claims it's cheaper and of better quality, that's why we have it often.