Wong Jing's Daughter Ada Wong May Film in a CAT III Movie

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Aug 18, 2014.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

[​IMG]

Wong Jing’s (王晶) 24-year-old daughter, Ada Wong (王子涵), debuted in film when she was 15 years old. In 2007, she appeared in Wong Jing’s Beauty & the 7 Beasts <七擒七縱七色狼>. Though Ada dreams to be a movie star, her father does not approve of her decision to join the entertainment industry. Wong Jing said that he will not be involved in his daughter’s showbiz career. Accordingly, Ada is very determined to jumpstart her screen career, even if means taking on controversial roles.

Ada Offered Category III Role

Ada rose to recognition last year when she guest starred in the mainland Chinese variety show I’m Not A Star <我不是明星>, a talent show featuring second generation celebrities. She recently signed Jacquelin Chong (莊思敏) as her manager and is in talks to star in Lawrence Lau’s (劉國昌) new Category III film. The film requires Ada to be nude.

On August 8, Ada and Jacquelin met with the film’s producer, James, for afternoon tea. James and Jacquelin chatted for over an hour while Ada sat quietly by Jacquelin’s side and played with her phone. An insider revealed that both Jacquelin and Ada read the script and liked it, but the film required Ada to have naked scenes. Ada, who has a bold personality and has experience modeling lingerie in the past, said she is fine with the nude scenes but does not know how to explain this to her father.

“It’s a very sexy and realistic film, about how modern men and women view sex,” revealed the source. “There will be two stories, and Ada Wong will be the female lead in one of them. The pay is very attractive – at least a seven-figure sum. That is very high for a rookie.”

It was said Ada’s stubborn and rebellious personality caught Lawrence’s attention, which made him want to cast her. Negotiation to star in the film is more or less complete, but Ada’s father remains an obstacle.

Jacquelin confirmed to the press that the film in question is very bold and revealing. When reporters asked Ada about her appearance in Lawrence’s new film, she hesitantly said, “Yes… we’ve met the film’s producers. They wanted to see me, but filming is not confirmed. The movie’s scale is very wide, and as a woman, it can be a trap for me. I have many things to consider!”

Ada said she does not mind being fully nude on camera. However, this would depend on whether the nudity is relevant to the script. “I will only strip if it’s reasonable. One decision can impact many things, like how the audience would perceive my image.” Asked about her father Wong Jing’s reaction, Ada said, “My father promised me that he would not get involved. He respects me. I am 24 years old, I don’t think he will say no?”

Wong Jing was unable to be reached for comment.

Creds: ihktv

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

“I will only strip if it’s reasonable. One decision can impact many things, like how the audience would perceive my image.”

Well said!

Would be so awkward to go home and see her dad if she do decide to go nude on screen. I would never let my daughter do that!

3. he should direct it...keep it in the fam:trollface2:

4. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

While I admire her courage and persistence to stay in the showbiz, her decision to film a CAT III is stupid. It seems like a desperate attempt to make it big quickly (hopefully) rather than taking the hard and slow route.

5. i bet she's doing it out of spite because her dad don't want to help her.

6. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

wow, interesting to see. I kinda feel bad but at the same time feeling anticipated for her movie-kekemad:yes:

7. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

wrong way to go about it, tbh..i'm pretty sure that if her dad doesnt help, she has other entertainment connections with family friends and stuff that could help her out rather than go nude first...or join tvb lol....klf to start off with lol

8. mytlcs

mytlcs Well-Known Member

since she got nothing to sell. i guess let the balloons do the marketing...

9. onni

onni Well-Known Member

Sounds desperate. That's because her father object to her entering the showbiz ?

10. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

I say ... [​IMG]

11. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

nolthing special. her teeth is yellow.