Will Nancy Wu Be the First Actress to Win TV Queen 3-Years in a Row?

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Sep 15, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

nancy-wu-tv-queen-2017.jpg

Thanks to the successes of 2015’s Ghost of Relativity <鬼同你OT> and 2016’s A Fist Within Four Walls <城寨英雄>, Nancy Wu (胡定欣) nabbed the TV Queen title for two consecutive years, the second actress to do so after Sheren Tang (鄧萃雯) in 2009 and 2010. Now that The Unholy Alliance <同盟> has finished its successful run, there’s talk that Nancy could have a chance to win Best Actress a third time—and if so, that would put Nancy as the first actress ever to win TV Queen three years in a row.

But the 36-year-old doesn’t think it’ll happen. “I’m satisfied and honored for the opportunity to win this award two years in a row. There are still so many other actresses in our company that deserve this award. Winning this isn’t something I’m thinking about anymore. I’ve already exceeded what I thought I could do.”

The Unholy Alliance, which ended its run on Wednesday, stars Film Queen Nina Paw (鮑起靜) and fellow A Fist Within Four Walls veteran Ruco Chan (陳展鵬). In regards to collaborating with Nina, Nancy said, “Hopefully I’ll get the opportunity to work with her again, maybe as her daughter next time!”

It was a different kind of feeling working with the award-winning film actress. “There wasn’t any pressure. We respect her very much, and Paw Jeh took great care of us all. I didn’t share many scenes with her, but I would always stand aside and watch her perform, especially when it came to her emotional scenes. She’s excellent, and we’ve learned a lot.” (Watching her like a little elementary school kid?) “Exactly! I don’t know when I’ll get that opportunity again.”

Nina Paw would be one of the Nancy’s biggest competitors for the 2017 TV Queen throne. “I’m definitely supporting her!” she said. “It’s already an honor to be nominated alongside her.”

TVB’s Next Action Star?

Nancy’s experiences of working in both The Unholy Alliance and A Fist Within Four Walls is inspiring her to consider a career in the action genre. She didn’t realize how many fights scenes she was actually in until she watched The Unholy Alliance itself. Nancy’s fight skill on the show—most notably her leg-wrap takedown—became a popular topic of discussion on online forums. Nancy is interested in trying more techniques. “As long as there’d be no wardrobe malfunction, I’ll do anything!”

No Awkwardness with Ruco Chan

Nancy and Ruco shared many intimate scenes on the show, including several shirtless scenes and a rather intense “fight” on a bath. Asking if there would be times when they would accidentally graze each other’s sensitive areas, Nancy said, “There was no awkwardness between us at all, because when we’re doing them, we’re not thinking about anything else. Ruco is very professional, and we all just wanted to make a good show. The [fight scenes] we had to do for this show were a lot more difficult than the ones in A Fist Within Four Walls. There were challenges at first. After all, a man is much stronger than a woman, so we needed to have chemistry and know about each other’s strengths.”

Nancy to Take a Three Month Break

Although many of her peers have already left TVB, Nancy still has a few years left in her management contract. She hasn’t thought about leaving the station yet, as it is still too early to decide.

“What I really want to do now is to continue to take on challenging roles,” said Nancy. “I’ve filmed a lot of dramas in these past few years, and I haven’t had the time to rest. I’ve already requested three months off. I hope to use that time to stop and rest well, to think about what I should be doing in the future, and also use this opportunity to educate myself some more, and visit the world.”

Creds: Ming Pao

2. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

cheap as hell.

3. ninetail

ninetail Member

I don't think so

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. no one stands out so far for queen just give it to vet nina or jessica?:hmm:

5. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Yeah would be nice to see Jessica get it, let's see how LW2 does, I'm sure her performance in it will be great.

6. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

my personal opinion...

nina is not suited as gangster boss role. her clothing in the drama is not even gangster boss type lol.

jessica is grumpy all the time in her last drama. the worse i seen from her in any drama.

nancy looks uncomfortable and over acting in unholy.

i would take natalie tong from my unfair lady over all of them.

7. ninetail

ninetail Member

As I see now Jessica or Kristin Tin stand a better chance this year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

Agree with the over acting by Natalie. The pool of actresses are rather weak now. I actually don‘t think they even care any more.

No one has really stood out, but I like the little girl in Oh my Grad.

9. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

Nailed it!