Why am I so shy and useless?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by wolf, Sep 25, 2006.

1. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

I have this problem that I can't talk normally to girls I'm interested in but I can be myself when it comes to girls I have no interest in. I recently became interested in this girl in my university class. She's only in one of my classes. At the first day of class, my friend complained and said he couldn't see in the back so I followed him to the front to sit. As I sat down and started to talk to my friend about his classes, this girl beside me overheard us and asked me if I was taking that class me and my friend were talking about. I just normally answered her and said yes, she then goes to tell me she dropped that class and I'm like oh. At that time I was really sick and add to the fact I wasn't interested in her. But as I sat beside her and looked at her some sort of attraction began to build inside me and before I knew it I became interested in her but this did not happen till the end of class. That was the only words me and her spoke that class. Then I couldn't get her off my mind and next class, I delibrately sat beside her with another one of my friends unfortunately but due to the fact that I'm shy, I didn't have the balls to talk to her. My mind just went blank. I didn't know what to say to her. I would have said hi or something when I was sitting down and if she had looked up at me. Anyways I grabbed a bag of candy from my backpack and offered my friend one and then I looked at her but she wasn't looking at me, so I didn't offer her one. Anyways today I was working with a member of my group on a project and I just got back from the washroom when I noticed she sat beside the seat I was sitting at. As I took out my books and laptop and sat down, she says to me, I'm gonna sit somewhere else so you two guys can share the plug. In my mind I was like FU$%!. I didn't know what to say at that instant. Then sadly she took her laptop and books and went to sit somewhere else. I feel so useless, that I can talk to girls I'm not interested in but I can't even say a few words to this girl. I don't think I can sit beside her again next week otherwise she's gonna get suspicious and think I'm a freak or a stalker. She usually comes to class before me. So I'm thinking of either coming to class before her and hope she sits beside me, but then again I'm probably gonna screw up again. I don't know what to do.

2. yarg11

yarg11 Well-Known Member

You seem to have a plan. Are you need to do is follow thur on it.

Just the fact she decided to move to let you and your group share a plug means atleast she knows your alive. That's a good sign.

Since you know she shows up early for class, show up early, say hi and talk to her before class starts. Ask her out for coffee/tea after class. With it being before the start of class, hopefully it will only be the two of you and it will be easier for you to talk/ask her out.

3. OMG you're so useless... *punches wolf to the ground* *kicks him in the stomach twice*

really though... if you wanna start something with her... you gotta get over your fears.... just try n make lil small talk with her and get her attention. Pretend like you need help on something. I mean if you've been sitting at the same spot then I'm sure she's not gonna find it unusual for you to sit next to her again..

here's an idea pretend like you're interested in what her group is doing and just like ask her how they're progressing with the project..

4. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

The problem is that she doesn't sit in the same spot everytime. I think its gonna be awrward sitting beside her everytime. I don't even think its gonna be a good idea to sit beside her again next week. Maybe I'll come to class early and hope she sits beside me. I wanted to talk to her today after class was over like just make up some BS about our project and then take it from there but she was with her group and talking and I didn't know how long that would take and also I don't want to be classified as a stalker by waiting for her to leave class.

5. well you've been sitting next to her all that time... or you can go to class late.. sit next to her say... hey what did i miss... -lol

you need to stop thinkin about gettin in this girls panties and start treating her like the other girls you talk with... and chill..

but you maybe rushin it... dont stalk her... you're in the class already so thas good enough... there'll be plenty of opportunities for you to talk to her..

6. azntru3lub

azntru3lub Well-Known Member

nice topic becuzz I'm kindda in that situation also
    my is that I sit next to her everyday <^.^.> but couldn't dig out anything to say to her... plus I come in class earlier than her...seeing her...saying Hi and the SMILES on her face...it's the best feeling ever xD

Thanks for the advice guys....
    I think the best thing to do is taking ya time
    step by step

7. kaka*

kaka* Well-Known Member

lol u guys r funny....

seriously wolf.. if u're interested.. find SOMETHING to say otherwise she'll probably slowly forget ur existance.....
    if u're desperate, write down a list of things u CAN say to her next time in class.
    i don't think sititng beside her again is much of a problem. it's not like u've never spoken to her before right?...

i agree with azntru3lub.. take ur time..but not so that the whole semester is over and u guys aren't in the same class anymore....

8. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

To bash or not to bash... ... ...

BASH!

She sat next to you the first time, you make a move right then and there knucklehead! She even made it easy by speaking to you first. I seriously don't understand guy's ideas of only wanting to talk to girls they are interested in. Talk and flirt with every girl you meet whenever you can! Why? Because you get to meet friends that way and you get practice in!

You are waiting for her to queue you (by looking at you) so you can talk to her... Wow... how's that for showing your manliness and taking charge of... NOTHING.

Don't choose to sit next to her again, you stalker!

If you want to hit on a person, the best time to do it is after class. Know why? Because you are a busy guy that has other classes to get to so you can only give her a few minutes of your time. A girl that knows you'll naturally go away soon will often give you the benefit of the doubt and talk to you for a few.

Have paper and pen in your pocket already. Say i can't chat long as i got another class, Ask her something simple about what you were suppose to learn that day. Get her name, talk about the class, lead up to a joke about your rude friend or the class for instance (and yes u can prepare one as long as she doesn't think it's prepared), ask her a couple ez to answer questions that aren't one word (such as what made you choose Your School Here...

I'm leaving out the rest because I can't give out everything in just one post :D But that's a start and you'll can easily get her number if you didn't screw up what I just said.

9. josie

josie Member

Oh my god, I have the exact same problem except I too shy to speak around guys I like and I act weird, which sometimes the guy might think I'm crazy or has this attitude thing. How can we get over this shy thing. Like Wolf, I can talk to guys I don't like but not with guys I like.

10. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

Ah screw it. I got nothing to lose except maybe the girl but better then spending my whole semester wondering what could have happened. I'm gonna go to class earlier and sit somewhere, and then when she comes and sits down somewhere, I'm gonna walk up to her and ask her something and then start talking to her about something else, but in case the class is full by the time she gets their, I'll gonna go and sit beside her again the following week and just say anything that comes to my head.

11. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

Well in my first post I mentioned that I was not interested the first time I sat beside her till class was almost over and I was also very sick and I didn't want to be coughing on her or something. I also mentioned that she was with her group after class so what am I suppose to do? I wanted to talk to her after class but I didn't want to be stalking her and waiting till she leaves class. I'll probably start talking to more girls just to get the feel for it.

12. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

Since we're in a habit of quoting ourselves now...
    "I seriously don't understand guy's ideas of only wanting to talk to girls they are interested in. Talk and flirt with every girl you meet whenever you can! Why? Because you get to meet friends that way and you get practice in!"

Stop making excuses for yourself, that's why you had to make this post. If you were "very sick" you wouldn't be in class. If you were able to participate in class, then you are well enough to talk to her. You talked to your friend anyways! If you were that worried about your bs cough, then hell, write a note! "Hi, I'm ____, and no, I'm not a mute. I'm just a little under the weather, what's your name?"

What's wrong with a group? the more girls you make laugh, the better. You get her approval and the approval of her friends. It'll be easier to hook up with any them later on.

There are many ways to not appear like a stalker... and no, it's not do nothing. Here's one... Ever think of sitting closer to the door so you can leave first? Outside of the class, chat with your buddy or something till she pops out.

And lastly, yes, talking to more girls will help you.

13. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

her group is all guys. I don't want to talk to guys lol. I only showed up to class that day, because it was the first class, I didn't want to miss anything. What's wrong with going to class when your sick besides having a high chance of infecting others. What if we had a test that day? or he mentioned something important? Just because I'm sick doesn't mean that they are going to cancel class for me. There was no class participation that day. The prof was reading off powerpoint slides and yes your right, i should be talking to girls even if I'm not interested in them to get practice because you never know when you'll meet that special someone.

14. great so we can conclude wolf is useless?? hahaha jk... goodlucky hollerin at that girl

15. babyyjuju

babyyjuju Well-Known Member

try making a move. like start off with a hi. and asking for notes and stuff. it always work

16. frankocanada

frankocanada Member

man ,i was like you 3 years ago..but since i become a sale man ..it just give me so much confidence when approach a woman ..let just put it this way ok ,just imagine you try to sale a car to a customer ..you diffinitely gonna get some no ,but along those no you gonna get those yet ..patience ..just approach women like you do with the sale pitch ..confidence is a inside feeling need to get out ..

17. yea... in other words... sell yourself like a cheap car...

18. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

if i was a sales person i would b liek " yo..u forgot something........my number ;)"

19. ipepsi

ipepsi Well-Known Member

do what nike says "just do it"
    sit next to her and be like um i don't understand this..
    my name is.....hopefully she tell's u her name.... gl man

20. TeoChew

TeoChew New Member

Damn wolf i might be in the same boat as you, except i choke when i see the girl im interested in :( and if i get a chance i try to say hi even if a choke haha