Who's been to Vietnam? Relate ur experiences!

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by Myolie88, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Myolie88

Myolie88 Banned

hey i've been wondering how is Vietnam like? i really want to go there but i'm hearing alot of stories where people will rob u dry if you look like you have money or jewlery, should i make myself look poor? Whats the best place to visit when everyone goes there.

2. Fai

Fai Well-Known Member

are you going there alone?

3. Myolie88

Myolie88 Banned

yes, a student going alone! fai planning to meet me there

4. shhh lips

shhh lips Well-Known Member

I've been there before, not much to see. If your more of a city person then Vietnam is not for you at all. It's basically all nature related activities...hiking, parks, ...ect.

5. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

I've been there when I was 8 and it wasnt that much fun.. that was 13 years ago tho..so... -laugh

6. independent

independent Member

#6 independent, Dec 6, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  7. VxBlitzxN

VxBlitzxN Member

vietnam will kinda bore u without family/friends(there or with)

8. aznrice

aznrice Well-Known Member

i went back when i was 12 it was fun because there i had a lot of family members

9. vene

vene Well-Known Member

great place to join nature... or for party alone guys

10. sweetbox

sweetbox Member

I'm Vietnamese. I live in Hanoi. My city is very beautiful. You should visit Hanoi. Don't worry, you will be safe here. You needn't make you look poor 'cuz there arent many thieves like you thought. I think thieves are everywhere but if you know how to keep your possess, you will lose nothing. Welcome to Vietnam! :x

11. Yo itz Trong

Yo itz Trong Well-Known Member

hi, i've visited vietnam recently, this time i only got to go to banh tre n sai gon
    some ppl think its like a jungle there n bamboos everywhere, wen its pretty exciting n relaxing. Sai gon is the place to b mugged, if u go there jus b a tad bit careful n dont carry around a lot of money, o yea n b careful of wat u eat.

In Banh Tre its pretty peaceful n mostly every1 is nice, i ride my cousin's bike wenever im bored, i go buy exotic fruits that arent sold in america, i have a great time.

Banh Tre is more like a little town, but Sai Gon, u can say is a city, its really hot n kinda dirty, i advice 2 take the taxi, its more safe. They've also established a bus system, they call it "xe buyt" hehe its pretty cool. u buy tickets wen u get on.

There's a few tourist sites, like amusement parks. There's roller coasters, a place where u can dress up like a king and get ur picture taken, really tasty food, this place wif over 6000+ alligators, a water park and lots more.

If your in vietnam u should try out the food there, its great if u no where to go, i suggest u hire a tour guide, s/he will show u cool places. oh always keep a paper of wat street n area ur staying at incase u get lose.

Thats all i did this year. You should definitely go there n check it out.

if u do go have fun =]

12. independent

independent Member

that place call "ben tre"

13. Yo itz Trong

Yo itz Trong Well-Known Member

hehe i stand corrected :bowdown:

14. sweetmelody

sweetmelody Member

i went back to vietnam last summer, and it was fun (i went along w/ my mom and my friend and her mom) for me i think the best place to go is Nha Trang, (water skiing was awesome, and the beach) if you like the city go to saigon! one suggestion: don't carry too much money w/ you when you go out!

15. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Hey, I've been to Vietnam before, and fortunately, I wasn't robbed or attacked. But that might be because I was younger then and didn't talk (also cuz i'm not viet, so don't speak viet) nor wear "fancy/expensive/Western clothes" either....

I have a friend who went back to Vietnam (and she's viet) to visit her family, and in her purse, she had a whole wad of money. When she was talking to some people, locals were able to "distinguish" - just by listening to her Vietnamese - that she was a foreign-born viet, and so, they robbed her.

I guess the general rule of thumb is to Be Careful and Keep your eyes open and your things right by your side. Overall, most people are friendly, and the food is EXCELLENT!

16. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

yeah food is excellent, i been there

not a bad place but depends where u r

btw i b careful atm cos i heard theres a bad case of the bird flu there (H5N1)

17. Fobstar

Fobstar Guest

how are the housings there? do they have a/c where u went?

18. mochamaru

mochamaru Member

I have never been there but many of my friends have. They said the food is good an cheap, but its best to go around with a group. There are tons of the stuff to do at the touristy places which are mostly the beaches and the main city.

19. sweetbox

sweetbox Member

yeah, that's right! Nha Trang is where I was born. It's such a beautiful place.

20. lionheart

lionheart Well-Known Member

i have been there, but i dont like it. everywhere i go, i hear people swear at the beginning and the end of every sentences. they were very rude. =;[