Who likes to watch anime and everything about anime?

Discussion in 'Japanese Entertainment' started by relenameitantei3, Sep 7, 2007.

1. relenameitantei3

relenameitantei3 New Member

who likes to watch anime and sometimes likes to be in Japan just so they could buy c.d's ,watch concert etc. etc.

2. ogbaka

ogbaka Well-Known Member

Fushigi Yuugi is my gf's fav

3. sillumjay

sillumjay Well-Known Member

yeshhh i cannot live without anime >.< i gotta say FMA is gotta be one of the best anime out there!!! you all must watch hehe.. i watch alot of anime my pc is hardly off cos i am downloading so much of it >.<

4. purplerose_04

purplerose_04 Member

i'm an anime freak, lol it sad to actually said that but i love anime and manga...
    There are a lot of awesome anime but the one i gotta recommend is One Piece, it is the best FMA is really awesome too, I watch so many anime, that it is not even funny but lately i been slowing down.. I guess i'm at the age where I should focus more in my career and school than just watch anime all day..

5. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

yeh one piece is the best
    but also black lagoon and full metal panic
    anime is my life source

6. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i like FY too!! i got the whole collection of the manga...yay!! lol
    but yeh i like anime...:)

7. chi_man

chi_man Well-Known Member

I also quite like anime, the only thing is that I dont have much time to watch it >.<

8. kisslili

kisslili Member

I love Ouran High School Host Club and I love watch anime or Japanese drama!!!!!

9. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

yeh i watch anime from time to time when i got time to

loved watching
    - GTO
    - fushigi yugi
    - full metal panic..

10. Owatari

Owatari Member

I was / am really curious to know why do people such love anime? What is magical in colourized moving pictures?

11. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

You shouldn't dislike anime just cause its animated. If you take the time to look. There are some real gems out there.

12. Owatari

Owatari Member

It was metaphorically My Dear.

I watched some anime / read some manga...not many but I was able to create my opinion that this kind of medium don't appeal to me.
    Ok I can say that some of them was really good ( for example Hiroshima 1945 ) but I can't understand why people prefer "a picture" as a media. This huge popularity.

13. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I prefer manga over anime any day, don't ask me why, my likely response will be "anime usually slaughter the story since they try to play catch up with manga or create unnecessary drama, not to mention many of them are still terribly executed given the technology available". And with manga, I can enjoy the story in its essence, it is the way the author/comiquer wanted to tell the story, and that's how I would like to see it.

Animation as a medium is something which puzzled me greatly too. And I am not necessary talking about any particular type, just as a genre. Unless an animation (talking about animated film here, as I am not a fan of anime series) is bring something new to the medium, I usually just give it a polite nod. That is one of the reason why I still go to PIXAR or DREAMWORK animations and keep on hating it EVERY SINGLE TIME (and can say that because I saw them and found out, once again, that they didn't try something new) <_<

Mind you, it isn't that I hated animation as a genre, I loved Nightmare before Christmas, Ryan (or to be more specific, Ryan Larkin's animated work), Triplettes de Belleville, U, Renaissance and my new favourite, Persepolis, all of which have their merit in bringing something new to the table, both style wise AND story wise.

And to anyone who thinks CGI is the new way to go, see Ryan, it's a slap in the face to the techno-snobs which show that creativity doesn't need fancy graphics, the frame-by-frame animation designed and drawn by Ryan Larkin was a timeless piece of art.

But I guess this isn't what you guys are talking about thus far right? So I'll shut up now... -sweat

*wanders off*

14. i like anime but i have my limits. i feel real sorry for people who create websites going on about how they would like to date/marry some girl from an anime. she aint even real, its a drawing, oh well.... ive never tried manga, not sure if i have the imagination for it, im usually only able to read factual books, but maybe ill give it a try some day.

*goes to bed*

15. blue_duck

blue_duck Member

I like both anime and manga. For some like Love Hina, I prefer the manga by far, and for others I might like both or prefer the anime.
    I read quite a bit of manga and watch quite a bit of anime... Although I don't really have a lot of time for it anymore.

16. ditzy

ditzy Well-Known Member

Yes I luv anime from Japan! Doramas too! SUSHI is my favorite food! w00t w00t!

17. rewqdsa

rewqdsa Well-Known Member

I like anime. It's Interesting and some of them are not childish like americanized Cartoons

18. WinterSky

WinterSky Well-Known Member

I like anime cuz it's at times more creative than other options at times -flow. There's a story line and you get to explore a whole new world/universe so it's like reading a book but without the annoying stuff -lol (well there are fillers i guess) l. Plus american options don't stretch a plot or story over several episodes very often. Not a fan of short choppy episodes that are disconnected from each other. -surr

I think i can see a possibility of Sci-Fi fans and Anime fans being somewhat related -ohmy

19. i watch anime as long as it aint in English, dubbed stuff is a joke all in itself.

20. Misa-chan™

Misa-chan™ Well-Known Member

I agree....anime is too addictive i guess FMA is alright...but there are other animes that are good like Nodame Cantabile. The live action is funny and good too.