What's your skincare routine?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by KT, Jun 7, 2012.

1. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

So I was never really that into skincare up until recently.

I was wondering what you guys do for your skincare routine. Products used (brands, etc.) and how you guys like it (would you recommend it? rate out of 5? etc.)

I don't have a skin care routine since I just use whatever I want to use at the moment but I'm hoping to just develop something as I start to care more about skincare. Usually I just wash my face with whatever facewash I want with hot water (since it opens up pores) then after I finish washing it I splash my face with cold water (to close the pores) and then apply moisturizer when needed (I know, I should really just do it all the time).
    Recently I've been using products with charcoal in it. The activated charcoal is supposed to soak up the toxins or something and deep clean your pores for blackheads and whatnot.

Products:

[​IMG]

Mandom's Charcoal Facial Scrub: I'm currently using this and I really like it. It foams up as you apply and also has little scrubby things to help scrub your face as you apply. It gives a cooling sensation as well as moisturization. I honestly can't think of any cons for this. I'd give it a 5/5.

[​IMG]

Daiso's Charcoal Natural Pack: This is a face mask I actually only purchased today. Got it for 1.50 at the store. I read a bunch of reviews on it and people really like it so I thought I'd give it a try. I tried it earlier and it's kind of annoying to apply because it is pretty messy and pretty painful to peel off. It is a peel off mask so you have to make sure you don't get it on any hairs or you're gonna experience some serious pain and maybe some facial hair loss. I've only used it once so I don't think it's fair for me to rate this product yet.

[​IMG]

Clinique's Moisturizing Gel: I've been using this for a while and I think it does it's job good enough. Though sometimes, I wish my skin would soak up more of this though because it doesn't get as moisturized as I wish. 3/5

[​IMG]

Shiseido Hadasui Lotion: I've only used this a few times but I can tell you I like it more than the Clinique one. Where I purchased it, they had a bottle of 400ml and a bottle of 250ml with a spray container which was even more expensive than the 400ml one. So I bought the 400ml one and realized how great it would have been to have a spray bottle. So I just put it in a spray bottle.. no need to pay more for less! It says it's a lotion but it's more of a jelly liquid which does moisturize my face well and can also be used as a toner. 5/5

I'll post more later! Tell me your skincare routine and what products you use and recommend!

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

my skin so perfect i just use water

3. i got that Shiseido for men set..rarely use it lols xmas gift

4. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

lol what the! either you're girly enough for them to think you'd like it or they're telling you ya need to wash your face :p

5. [video=youtube;eZTHCInxt8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZTHCInxt8o[/video]
    :kekekegay::riaa:

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Whatever on sale weekly special, dishwashing liquid Missus Ralph happens to buy at Costco. It cuts right through the excess oil on my skin and doesn't take any bullshit from dirt or anything else that can clog pores. All those fancy face or skin care products, IMHO, is pure marketing bullshit and a huge waste of money.

7. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

whoa, never heard of someone using dishwashing soap to clean their face! lol is it not too harsh for your skin!?

8. ralphrepo

LOL... nah, it works great ;)

9. holy...I can't imagine that on your skin..my mum hands are super dry from years of using dish soap.

10. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

lol that's what I thought! My hands get dried out washing dishes :S no wonder it takes out all the oils ! lol maybe the missus buys those ones that are nice and moisturizing for the hands too.

11. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i just bar of soap in the shower way to go ralph unlike pussy ass niggur shinobi and hello kt :trollface2:

12. you just wanna drop the soap

13. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

:facepalm:

14. ralphrepo

I think my skin's more or less too oily to begin with, hence, drying it with grease cutters is actually beneficial so far as I'm concerned. As for Missus Ralph getting the nice dishwasher liquids? Nah... we get the cheap shit as long as it soaps up the dishes and gets rid dirt. On the other hand, she always has a whole closet of facial moisturizers, creams, and other money in a bottle stuff that I don't even know want to know about, LOL... :laugh:

15. zhouxianwen

zhouxianwen Well-Known Member

I am 22 years old with extremely oil acne prone skin.

My daytime skincare routine is:
    - wash face with oats
    - tone my face with Laniege Pore Trouble Toner
    - apply a layer of the ShiSeido Intensive Spot Targeting Serum
    - finish with Clinque dramatically different moisturizing gel

My nighttime routine is
    - remove my makeup with Pond's cleansing wipes
    - cleanse with oats
    - tone my face with Laniege Pore Trouble Toner
    - apply mario badescu drying lotion if i have active zits or soon to be zits
    - apply prescription benzoyln peroxide

16. titi

titi Well-Known Member

17. huniiiiii

huniiiiii Well-Known Member

I dont always use skincare products but when I do I use the following:
    I remove my make up and cleanse with Liz Earle Hot Polish cleanser - its not that great but I want to finish it off 3/5
    Exfoliate with St Ives apricot face scrub - really good, 4/5
    Estee Lauder advanced night repair serum - quite good 4/5
    Estee Lauder advanced night repair eye serum - hydrating and leaves my skin smooth 4/5
    Estee Lauder advanced time zone moisturiser - really hydrating but can look a bit shiny - 3/5

18. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

Hmm i started off using

Nivea for men > then moved to Loreal and back to Nivea didnt like Loreal.

I now use shiseido.

However, if your cheap and want to good skin.

When you wash your rice save the water and use that on your skin. It's good, natural way. I have heard also that watermelon skin does the same scrubbing it on your face. But dont quote me because i havn't tried.

Dont use the bar of soap...you do not want to know where that has gone through....

My routine is:

Morning wash face with water.
    During shower use shesiedo
    Before sleep wash face with water

19. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

Everyday I use a daily cleansing gel:
    _top choice : Lab Series Oil Control face wash
    _second choice: Lancome men ultimate cleansing gel Kielh's facial fuel energizing face wash
    everything else is crap

Everyday I also use Clarisonic MIA 2 face wash machine

Every 2 days I use:
    _top choice: Lab Series Invigorating face scrub
    _second choice: Kielh's facial fuel energizing scrub

When I get out of shower, I let the water on my face dry by itself, I use the towel only for my hair and my body, by that time my face is already dry, my face had received some water.

Then I finish with:
    _top choice: Lab Series Oil Control daily hydrator
    _second choice: Lancome men total energizer or Kielh's facial fuel

Mask once in a month, I get my stock in HK

Expensive stuff but worth it, if you use it for 5 years, you gain 5 years ;)